What's wrong with iTunes' video store?

2 posts in this topic

iTunes may have launched their video download service only a few months ago, but it still doesn't seem to be catching on. The reason seems to be because TV and music video copyright owners just don't want to license their content for Apple to sell. Why do you think this would be? Is it because of flaws in the iPod Video, over-restrictive DRM, or just Hollywood paranoia?

Regardless, something must be done to increase the amount of videos available. I think it is because the iTunes Music Store was never meant to house a video store as well. Apple should branch off the video store from the music store and either use iMovie or a new iApplication to sell video. After all, you wouldn't go to a record store expecting to buy anything other than music, would you?

If anyone has any ideas, please post them. I for one do not want to see the concept of an on-line video store fail. There are many TV shows that just aren't available on DVD sets that could easily be distributed through the store that I would gladly purchase. Without something of this nature, I might never be able to legally obtain some of my favorite shows, and neither will others.

I dunno. I've already purchased quite a bit from the Apple video store.

Just recently I bought season 2 of project runway from there.

ps. the downloaded files from itunes play MUCH better on OS X then in Windows on the laptop... which is really weird to me.

Give it time.