ATI HD 3850 working with Snow ?

macuser123123123

11 posts in this topic

i heard about no hardware acceleration support for ati 38xx and 26xx cards under snow ?

I can't say I'm sure and certain of it, as I haven't been able to test Snowy on an ATI yet (NV8800GT works just fine), but seeing as Apple still sells HD2600XT's with it's Mac Pro's, I very much doubt there will be support for those. There might be no *native* support for the HD3xxx series, but according to a thread in the Graphics section (which I can't find right now due to the new layout and search by google...) it shouldn't be much trouble to get those working; moreover - the HD4xxx seem to be supported!

Well, I hope I've shed /some/ light on this matter for you...

Greetings,

AiBear

There might be no *native* support for the HD3xxx series

(edit of previous post not possible due to buggy new site-interface)

Just found some info about HD3850 not being able to boot in Snow. So it indeed seems the HD3xxx series might be excluded - for now. As they got them to work under Leopard, I presume they will fix it quickly enough under Snow as well. Sorry...

I can't say I'm sure and certain of it, as I haven't been able to test Snowy on an ATI yet (NV8800GT works just fine), but seeing as Apple still sells HD2600XT's with it's Mac Pro's, I very much doubt there will be support for those. There might be no *native* support for the HD3xxx series, but according to a thread in the Graphics section (which I can't find right now due to the new layout and search by google...) it shouldn't be much trouble to get those working; moreover - the HD4xxx seem to be supported!

Greetings,

AiBear

Just found some info about HD3850 not being able to boot in Snow. So it indeed seems the HD3xxx series might be excluded - for now. As they got them to work under Leopard, I presume they will fix it quickly enough under Snow as well. Sorry...

thx to your reply. We will see if the final version works or not!.. Hope so... If not i have to buy a 48... card to get it work.

Has anyone got OS X Snow 122 / 261 got booting with ATI 3850 / GA EP 35 Board ?

Without QE/CI would be OK, but i cant boot at all (KP with orig. kernel, no screen with kernel_sn and safe boot)

C2D and Installed PC-EFI V9 boot, which told me that it can do Snow Leo.

Has anyone got OS X Snow 122 / 261 got booting with ATI 3850 / GA EP 35 Board ?

Without QE/CI would be OK, but i cant boot at all (KP with orig. kernel, no screen with kernel_sn and safe boot)

C2D and Installed PC-EFI V9 boot, which told me that it can do Snow Leo.

no worries ati radeon hd will work sooner or later with snow :)

no worries ati radeon hd will work sooner or later with snow :(

Thanks.

But i want to ask too if it is at least possible to use the ATI 38XX (runs well in my 10.5.6)

without QE/CI as save boot VGA for first "lookings" into Snow ?

Greetings,

AiBear