Need Supported Multi Button Mouse

strhess

10 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I was involved in a motorcycle accident a few years back which resulted in the loss of my left arm. Sort of sucks but what are you going to do?

Anyway, to the point. I have a logitech G5 mouse which i use with windows for its programmable multi button function. Means i can actually use the audio applications i need to (i'm a sound engineer by trade). I just finished my hackintosh and am struggling to take advantage of the better operating system because i need a programmable mouse. I've searched through the site but not found anything about alternate drivers for my G5 or anything about an apple equivalent.

Anybody have any ideas on what i could use? It only needs 4 programmable buttons. One each for control, option, command and shift.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a MX Revolution Logitech mouse. I use Steermouse, works great for setting programmable buttons, I suggest you give a try.

Cheers Daewa, exactly what i was after. Its always out there some where. Just have to know where to look for it.

thanks again!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Though it has been some time since I have used it, USBoverdrive was an excellent application to configure your mouse buttons (also allows program-based configuration). I can't imagine it has become worse in the last 3 years.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Guys,

I was involved in a motorcycle accident a few years back which resulted in the loss of my left arm. Sort of sucks but what are you going to do?

Anyway, to the point. I have a logitech G5 mouse which i use with windows for its programmable multi button function. Means i can actually use the audio applications i need to (i'm a sound engineer by trade). I just finished my hackintosh and am struggling to take advantage of the better operating system because i need a programmable mouse. I've searched through the site but not found anything about alternate drivers for my G5 or anything about an apple equivalent.

Anybody have any ideas on what i could use? It only needs 4 programmable buttons. One each for control, option, command and shift.

Thanks in advance for your help.

If I lost my left arm I would think of a new way to use my computer, especially if I play games, the only option for me would use my left foot, a pad for the foot with programmable buttons would be the best option for me. Here is once guy who used his feet to press the control key " http://forums.fingerworks.com/archive/index.php/t-488.html ". This should give you some new ideas.

David