10.5.6 on Kalyway?

criminal666

22 posts in this topic

I'm also sitting on 10.5.4 from a 10.5.2 Kalyway install. As my main computer that I work on everyday, it's worked too well to try and install a new build.

These forums provide a lot of help but sometimes I feel like I don't know where to start, so I'll ask as well:

Is there a relatively good guide on how to install a 10.5.6 upgrade to a previous Kalyway install?

i've installed the 10.5.6 in my nb in signature with the classic method...i've made, in order:

1) from 10.5.2 kaly to 10.5.5 with combo update;

2) from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6 WITHOUT dsdt patch or new chameleon;

3) i've lost only sleep from 10.5.2 to 10.5.5 and 10.5.6. why? i don't find answers...

So if I just install those 2 kext files then the 10.5.6 update will work? Can I update through the automatic updater or do I need to update differently?

It should work, because the disabler.kext, disable AppleIntelCPUpowermanagement.kext and the other kext disable the startup script. But make sure you backup your system, in case you are unable to start Leopard. For the first time after you update try to boot up with -X -S

shouldnt be a problem as long as you stick with the correct guide, 10.5.6 can be installed on kalyway. mine was leo4allv3(the only distro that can run with my system) 10.5.2 updated with kalyway combo 10.5.3, from 10.5.3 to 10.5.4 & 10.5.5, i used the official apple update with netkas run script method. from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6 i use the pcwiz method with DST patcher & UInstaller to install efi v9. everything went smooth except my "About This Mac" got problem where it unable to display the correct cpu & ram speed. others, just nice

good luck

Try to use this AppleHDA:

Attached File(s)

Attached File HDAEnabler.kext.zip ( 10.94K ) Number of downloads: 1

Attached File AppleHDA.kext.zip ( 640.92K ) Number of downloads: 1

Installed them both...Still no audio?B) I know it works, I just tested it in Windows yesterday.

Installed them both...Still no audio? :( I know it works, I just tested it in Windows yesterday.

it sound stupid but no harm trying.. its work, atleast for me

go to ur system pref., try one by one the Line Out/ headphone/ Internal Speaker & see if there is any sound :angel::angel:

ps: be sure u install the correct kext & there is icon speaker shown at taskbar

go to ur system pref., try one by one the Line Out/ headphone/ Internal Speaker & see if there is any sound :):angel:

I will try that! I do have the icon speaker in the taskbar so maybe it is just something stupid?

Did you used kext helper to install the appleHDA

I used Kexthelper and install both the appleHDA and the HDAenabler

I will try that! I do have the icon speaker in the taskbar so maybe it is just something stupid?

If you have the audio icon showing in the taskbar, that means you need to configure it, perhaps going into the utilities folder and hit the Audio MIDI Setup, also check your speakers if they are connected in the right place.

go to ur system pref., try one by one the Line Out/ headphone/ Internal Speaker & see if there is any sound :(:(

If you have the audio icon showing in the taskbar, that means you need to configure it, perhaps going into the utilities folder and hit the Audio MIDI Setup, also check your speakers if they are connected in the right place.

HOLY {censored}!!! IT WORKS!!!! THANKS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! I HAVE SOUND AND I AM 10.5.6!!! YOU GUYS KNOW YOUR {censored}!!!!!!

Here's what I posted on how I got from kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.6, its not impossible just takes a lot of careful reading, If your at 10.5.4 just follow the exact same method for 10.5.5, 105.6 is a combination of the netkas method follwoing this guide. 10.5.6 guide

]Motherboard: ECS GCT-M/1333 (V3.0) Intel 945GC w/ ICH7 (Downgraded BIOS to BIOS: 07/11/07 and must have Execute Disable Bit ENABLED @ Bios)

-onboard LAN, RTL8101E, worked but I've never liked on board stuff even in xp so I nixed it afterward and went

with a pci card, same model RTL8101E only in pci worked instantly.

-onboard video worked but only at 1024x768, turned that off as well. Installed ge-force NVIDIA 9600 GSO 384mb

PCI-E, that also only worked at the same resolution, no frills and not showing up in the hardware prof (did not patch

it just worked same as onboard, 10.5.2-10.5.4)

-onboard audio did not work / turned that off and installed an old C-MEDIA live! card with the current drivers

from this forum, worked beautifully but still no input (never going to use anyhow)

-Memorex DVD-RW/CD-RW EIDE worked perfect

Method:Windows XP SP3, partitioned SATA drive with Partitioned magic and created dual boot using the Kalyway DualBoot 10.5.2 guide with Gparted etc.

-Booted Kalyway 10.5.2 and followed the standard method from the same guide, formated, installed,

DID NOT choose any options (in fact it never asked me) it installed fast and loaded fast with the initial results

from the hardware I posted above. So far so good at this point I have installed OSx86 tool, thanks, and Opera cuz

Firefox and Safari are slow.

-Installed Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update, initially booted up script and after about a minute ( at this point I

thought I was screwed) it rebooted ok! so far so good.

-So at this point I'm feeling pretty good and I'm pretty happy but start to become envious of the

rest of you who have your cool ass monitors running from your video cards at higher resolutions, I have to keep

going if only for curiosity sake. (I have done zero kext install, modification of any type yet)

- So on to 10.5.4, here is where reading A LOT over and over will pay off. Somewhere, somehow I read that I only

have to d-load the 10.5.4 update from apple and install it and I should be O.K., WRONG! (I should have known

better too) I do just that and at about 19% of the install upgrade process I get the the gray out screen with the

the multi-language box in the middle prompting me to hold down the power button to restart. I have just allowed

the AppleIntellPowerManagement.kext to install and I'm screwed (or so I thought)

-This is where MacDrive comes in handy, I drag myself back to windows xp (snore) and out of curiosity

using MacDrive I start to explore my "Leopard" drive and come across the kext I mentioned above , what

the heck, I delete it not thinking twice, I then decide i'll give that osx boot another chance and to my surprise

I boot back to 10.5.3! (not safe mode)

-10.5.4, this time for keeps. A little more searching on the internets gives me what I need, followed the netkas

method with the 10.5.4 combo update from apple. Root, terminal script, edit dsmos etc. Success, I'm booted at

10.5.4!! at this point I have nothing to loose but to continue to push it! I must get my video card working

and since its a 9600GSO its 10.5.5 or bust!

-10.5.5, same as above, used netkas method again only this time, NO BOOT! No worries I've figure the video card

is the culprit, time for some nvidia driver install! booted in safe mode, downloaded the nvidia driver package

installer from these forums, rebooted and sure enough I'm back in!! now my NVIDIA 9600 GSO 384mb PCI-E

is fully functional!

- Now on to 10.5.6, quickly downloaded the combo update from apple and following the DSDT patch method, method here, (I used the vanilla kernel compatible guide) followed that closely and sure enought my hacky boots up with

no issues!