Apple script to pause then restart machine

Mactuition

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm after an Applescript which will launch automatically as a login item, wait for 5 minutes then restart the Mac without the need for user intervention.

The reason I want this functionality is to test machines which have intermittent kernel panics. These are often related to the Airport Extreme card or the ATI graphics chip and occur most frequently on startup. You sometimes need to restart the machine by hand for hours so a script which allowed the machine to boot, pause and then restart automatically would be really useful.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

David

Hi all,

I'm after an Applescript which will launch automatically as a login item, wait for 5 minutes then restart the Mac without the need for user intervention.

The reason I want this functionality is to test machines which have intermittent kernel panics. These are often related to the Airport Extreme card or the ATI graphics chip and occur most frequently on startup. You sometimes need to restart the machine by hand for hours so a script which allowed the machine to boot, pause and then restart automatically would be really useful.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

David

delay 300

tell application "System Events"

restart

end tell

regards,

omol