ATI Mobility FireGL V5725 as in HP 8730w

Tek_No

2 posts in this topic

Funny,

there is hardly anything to find on this new (?) ATI gpu.

Vendor and device id: 1002 9593

I have really been reading a lot (and I mean a LOT) about ATI drivers and Mac Os X (I'm running 10.5.6 at the moment) but still can't figure out if this gpu is supposed to be working with QE/CI and framebuffer (resolution changing) or not.

Then I read on NetKas's site that Snow Leopard will have a new ATI framebuffer...

So many questions: is there already a framebuffer and drivers that will get my gpu running? Will the new framebuffer in Snow Leopard give resolution change for my gpu?

What kexts should I currently try for my gpu (what other gpu comes very close to mine???) ?

Thanks for any reply :)

Take care,

Tek_No

• 10 months later...

I too have been seaching for a while.I just got this computer and just installed ideneb 1.4 10.5.6 and it works. i tried to install ideneb 1.6 10.5.8 and it will not install. as for devices all I have working is bluetooth ,can you direct me to a link or email me (vittpda@gmail.com)the kexts needed for wifi,network card and of course the ati video card.And thank you for any help. ;)

also ive tried installing snowosx 3.6 on this HP elitebook 8730w with no luck,have you tried this with yours yet? any help is appreciated.thanks