External Drive Icon no longer appears - making use impossible

stealfire

1 post in this topic

I purchased a LaCie Big Disk+ external drive last week. Like all my LaCie products, worked the moment I plugged it in and was recognized instantly and transfered information flawlessly. Suddently the Icon no longer appears on the desktop or in the menu. It's also not shown in the disk utility. However, when I run a Lacie program to check for drives needing updated software, it recognizes the drive, as does Apple profiler. Yet, I cannot use it. I have over 500+ GB of information I'm about to loose. Help!

Have tried all the basic attempts: rebooting, using different cables, pugging into various bus ports (firewire 800/400, usb 2.0) using a different power brick, reloading both mac os and lacie software / drivers. My other external drives stilll show up and work fine. I plugged the problematic lacie into my older titanium powerbook and no recognition. The drive seems to be working fine, buzzing away started and the blue light flashing. But cannot any longer be recognized by my new mac book pro.