boot camp, pirate xp sp2

Pantalaimon

28 posts in this topic

I don't know many people with legit versions of Windows. Myself included. Not that I dowloaded mine, I'm just using the same disc and serial number as my work PC.

Technically your still using windows illegally if you use it for anything other than development and testing - by using it to type a personal letter or send a private email then your breaking the EULA. :)

i recommend not buying any software and pirating everything. I have never paid for software and never will. They are printing money. I have even built computers and put them into offices with a full suite of pirated software. If you pay for software then you are brainwashed.

The last time I actually bought a copy of Windows was when Windows 98 was new. Right there I had realized that I had wasted my money. Never again will I buy a copy of Windows. It's a complete waste of money. If you need it, there are always people willing to share theirs :(

The last time I actually bought a copy of Windows was when Windows 98 was new. Right there I had realized that I had wasted my money. Never again will I buy a copy of Windows. It's a complete waste of money. If you need it, there are always people willing to share theirs :o

Agreed, i bought windows 95 upgrade when it first came out.. from that point on i figured i had paid for at least 40 years worth of "upgrades" to fix the initial problems.

Now I know why Microsoft goes crazy over pirates!

I heard that unless you have a 100% legal copy of vista no Aero for you.

Besides the software doesnt cost that much... With the exeption of those :angry: at Macromedia and Adobe! what are they trying to pull? $600 for a disk, PLEASE!

The Adobe and Macromedia software isn't a ripoff, it costs millions to make, and since not as many people buy it as something like Windows, they can't afford to price it cheaply. $600 is good for a suite of applications like that.

The Adobe and Macromedia software isn't a ripoff, it costs millions to make, and since not as many people buy it as something like Windows, they can't afford to price it cheaply. $600 is good for a suite of applications like that.

It may have cost millions to make at first, but all they are realy ddoing now is rehashing code and adding little new features.

But they still pay a ton of developers a ton to work on it. Also, since there's not a lot of competition in that market, there's not as much incentive for them to price competetively. For a company who needs a product like that, it isn't that expensive, it just seems that way for us...

i recommend not buying any software and pirating everything. I have never paid for software and never will. They are printing money. I have even built computers and put them into offices with a full suite of pirated software. If you pay for software then you are brainwashed.

OMG... this is probably the lamest comment I've ever read in quite some time now... (and from that comment I assume that you never worked as a developer or you are creating programs out of your leisure time).

When you pay software, you pay its developer for their time incurred on creating the program. If you don't want to pay it, then use the free alternatives, software under GPL or CC license.

And so what if Adobe and Macromedia's software cost hundreds of dollars per CD. It's their code anyway. If you want something cheaper (or free), you either go with GPL or you create your own code.

Sheez... I'm disgusted...

PS: yes I use a legitimate copy of Windows XP on my laptop and yes, I also have a legitimate copy of MacOS X to compensate my installation of OSX86 (although I believe this is meant for a different discussion)

I'll admit I pirate things to a certain degree. typically it's something I am on the fence about wanting and that costs more then 50 dollars. If I find that it is indispensable to me.. I will buy it. If I find that it's something I could live without.. I delete it and move on.

I still know that what I am doing is essentially turning the software into shareware.. and that it is illegal. I don't kid myself about that.

But when it comes to the base operating system... having a legal copy is always better...

and I would NEVER install unlicensed software in a business environment.. that is just asking for trouble.

about a year ago, I was hired to setup an entire office network...

They gave my one of everything, somethings were burned (Adobe, etc) to put on a total of 35 computers... I did, and then turned their asses in...

Considering the fact that I'd just purchased a legal copy of the Adobe suite, I was pissed.

Then another time, I was asked to setup Pro/E 2.0 on about 10 computers... here's the thing, the owner wanted me to hack the license (not plural) so it wouldn't expire on all of them. I left...

I'm sick of people pirating stuff (with exception to music), if everyone continues, then there isn't going to be any incentive to develop newer better stuff... BUY apps/os, don't STEAL them

• 2 weeks later...

They gave my one of everything, somethings were burned (Adobe, etc) to put on a total of 35 computers... I did, and then turned their asses in...

Considering the fact that I'd just purchased a legal copy of the Adobe suite, I was pissed.

Then another time, I was asked to setup Pro/E 2.0 on about 10 computers... here's the thing, the owner wanted me to hack the license (not plural) so it wouldn't expire on all of them. I left...

I'm sick of people pirating stuff (with exception to music), if everyone continues, then there isn't going to be any incentive to develop newer better stuff... BUY apps/os, don't STEAL them

Why on earth would you be against pirating software and not against pirating music? Musicians have a hard enough time these days as it is. Now that the live music scene is almost completely dried up, the last chance for musicians to make a living is through recordings. Developers and musicians have a lot in common, they both create something out of nothing, and both have their work often considered something that should be free by the masses.

:) record companies and :D pirating music

Usually the disgruntled employees or people that actually paid the exhorbitant prices are the ones to get pissed and call..

Why on earth would you be against pirating software and not against pirating music? Musicians have a hard enough time these days as it is. Now that the live music scene is almost completely dried up, the last chance for musicians to make a living is through recordings. Developers and musicians have a lot in common, they both create something out of nothing, and both have their work often considered something that should be free by the masses.

:) record companies and :D pirating music

What do you mean the live music scene is dried up?

That is one the only way a musician makes any money. Point spreads on cd sales are too low to be considered their only form of income.

I'd rather download music and go see a concert than buy a cd, and that is the best way to help out a musician. Unless of course you have your own record company or a big name like Madonna who says how much they get from cd sales. other than that musicians see "cents" on a cd sale.