Final Cut Pro 5.1 Installed and Working now with HD

Wayland

276 posts in this topic

I instaled Final Cut Pro, desabled QE like you said, followed your instructions and still crashes.

What can I do?

my graphics: GeForce FX 5700:

Chipset Model: GeForce FX 5700

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image & Quartz Extreme: Not Supported (I MUST ENABLE SOMEHOW?)

see the error report attached: (removed long post, thank you for understanding)

DxDiag.txt

final_cut_error_report.doc

I instaled Final Cut Pro, desabled QE like you said, followed your instructions and still crashes.

My ACL850 AC97 sound doesn't hangs play.

Hm.... not too sure really what might be going on there... Is this version downloaded or legit? Sometimes with incomplete versions that can cause some problems. Also, if you have diagnostics that long, save them in a text file and attach them.... too long of post ;) Let me read your report in depth, and if I see anything I'll get back to you...

save them in a text file and attach them.... too long of post :P Let me read and if I see anything I'll get back to you...

Is downloaded but full version: Final Cut Studio DMG file + 5.0.2 update. I could not find 5.1 update yet.

Also my computer hangs like for a second freezes from time to time, mostly when I wove winndows on the screen or icons from here to there. I have the similar hangs from the audio. It plays for a sec then hangs, play hang play hang. Could be conected. In Sistem info sais that I have no audio but in system pref. is active.

I tryied to follow some wiki guide for AC 97 sound but they lost me, is not that clear.

Thank You KC - Sorry for long post, I will attach from now on.

Is downloaded but full version: Final Cut Studio DMG file + 5.0.2 update. I could not find 5.1 update yet.

Also my computer hangs like for a second freezes from time to time, mostly when I wove winndows on the screen or icons from here to there. I have the similar hangs from the audio. It plays for a sec then hangs, play hang play hang. Could be conected. In Sistem info sais that I have no audio but in system pref. is active.

I tryied to follow some wiki guide for AC 97 sound but they lost me, is not that clear.

Thank You KC - Sorry for long post, I will attach from now on.

No worries, the sound could be a possibiliy... I heard from a little green demon that 5.1 can be found :) If you can't catch my hint... then he must be wrong :dev:

little green demon gave me 5.1

It works great on my computer!!!! (except for the sutter problem with amd x2)

I hope you solved your shuttering problem, if not here it is:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...pic=7405&st=100

My only problem now when starting FCP is:

Configuration error

This software requires certain hardware or software which is missing.

• Quartz Extreme Support.

little green demon gave me 5.1

I hope you solved your shuttering problem, if not here it is:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...pic=7405&st=100

My only problem now when starting FCP is:

Configuration error

This software requires certain hardware or software which is missing.

• Quartz Extreme Support.

Can you get a QE or CI supported card? I'm finding out more and more that it no longer is an option for 5.1, it may be a requirement. You can remove the strings for the check. I posted it earlier on this forum, check there and try that out!

I can't get it to work AECore keeps crashing, and because of this QMaster wont open.

I'm using an SSE3 enabled Athlon 64. Anyone have any clue what the problem could be?

Has anyone gotten 5.1 to work on a Athlon processor? I'm starting to wonder since many people are having problems. Since it is built to work off of the functions of the intel chip instead of rosetta emulation, perhaps that may be the key. Does that also mean that other high-processor heavy universal apps may also have problems? Anyone have an idea?

Ok it took me 1mn 54 secs so 114 secs

I dunno how ppl could hav better times with inferior machines.

Mine is a Intel Dualk Core 930D 3hghz 2GB DDR2 667 RAM

7200 RPM SATA2 HD Running 10.4.6 and FCP 5.1

Anyway, its awesome

Its what i was looking for...

Thanks all guys

anyone know anything about mtion 2?

and i have alittle probl;em with compressor, it couldnt start batch job, yo know why?

Thanks

Ok it took me 1mn 54 secs so 124 secs

I dunno how ppl could hav better times with inferior machines.

Mine is a Intel Dualk Core 930D 3hghz 2GB DDR2 667 RAM

7200 RPM SATA2 HD Running 10.4.6 and FCP 5.1

Anyway, its awesome

Its what i was looking for...

Thanks all guys

anyone know anything about mtion 2?

and i have alittle probl;em with compressor, it couldnt start batch job, yo know why?

Thanks

Most likely the score difference could be due to the graphics processor as well. What is your GPU? That could determine several different things. Since FCP depends on QE an CI, it makes sense that a GPU might be the source.

As for motion 2 and compressor, I haven't tested those yet. Waiting to get the FULL studio upgrade for 5.1. Right now all that I have is for FCP.

Hey guys, i make the test in my Power MAC G5 DUAL 2.5ghz / 3GB RAM for your aknowledge.

Final Cut pro 5.0 - RENDER ALL from kit.

time: 1:53 - seconds : 113

I have the osx86 running on my PC intel 3.0 but, final cut dont run... i can run with a no QE or CI video board?

thanks

FCP 5.1 UB doesn't start on my machine (pentuim 4 3,2 ghz, 2 gb ram, ati x800, CI and QE enabled). I've installed it on a blank JaS 10.4.6 system. Crash log says: "aecore::CException"

Hmmm.... 5.1 is an upgrade.... do you have the original already installed? What type of mobo?

Hmmm.... 5.1 is an upgrade.... do you have the original already installed? What type of mobo?

Motherboard is ASUS P5GD1 (915p chipset). No, I haven't installed prev version, because 5.1 is not upgrade, it's full UB version. 5.0 installs prokit framework for PPC, and there isn't a real clear way to uninstall this.

I have a dual processor 2.7ghz G5 PowerMac / 3GB RAM / ATI 9650 AGP graphics -- fastest core G5 you can buy.

the test kit fully rendered in 1:40:06 (100.6 seconds) plus/minus a few tenths. I believe that's the fastest posted time on here, and I guess should be :) Anyone with a Quad test yet? I should probably close all my other apps and re-render. I got several apps open, though with 3GB RAM, I probably won't render any faster...

UPDATE: re-ran test with only Finder and FCP open and got 1:37:4 (97.4 seconds). Did it again to verify and got 1:37:6 (97.6 seconds). So I guess closing out the other apps shaved off ~3 seconds render time.

~Danny

i've got an msi 848p motherboard with a GeForce 5600 FX installed. FCP 5.1 crashes after the first viewer window opens. I had to delete the QE test to get that far, installed the suggested prokit framework but it still fails... any last ditch suggestions?

i've got an msi 848p motherboard with a GeForce 5600 FX installed. FCP 5.1 crashes after the first viewer window opens. I had to delete the QE test to get that far, installed the suggested prokit framework but it still fails... any last ditch suggestions?

As far as I know, what I have seen from others who have come to me with tests, 5.1 REQUIRES QE AND CI! I have not yet seen a system run 5.1 without some form of video driver support. If you have, please post here and let us know how/why it is working on your system. I will be testing this as well on an nvidia card, so stand by for more info on that ;)

thanks for the help, i'll pick up a cheep ATI and let you all know how that goes...

casey

The guys at google MACVIDIA are working at CI/QE support for the upcomming driver. Same situation with me, got nvidia 5700. I ordered also an ATI 9800 256Mbram couse I can't wait anymore.

Comming in couple of days and i will post the 5.1 test results on my system.

The guys at google MACVIDIA are working at CI/QE support for the upcomming driver. Same situation with me, got nvidia 5700. I ordered also an ATI 9800 256Mbram couse I can't wait anymore.

Comming in couple of days and i will post the 5.1 test results on my system.

I can confirm that the NVIDIA drivers cannot support 5.1 yet... The same config on an ATI will. So of course it is a supported graphics ccard issue, as I thought it was. Just FYI. Macvidia will figure it out I'm sure. Their progress is going well... sorta :D Sooner or later they will get it done! Hooah!

well this is the kind of test that makes you realize you need a new computer. Rendering time of the project posted above: 15 minutes! the specs are on the signature... :happymac:

:happymac: It's ok, we all were there at one point...

Did some more testing! Thought you might find this interesting!!!

New Benchmark: Pentium D 940 & Asus P5WD2 w/ Saphire x1600

Runtime: 105 seconds!

Does the Graphics card make a difference in rendering?

I have put the systems to the test:

TEST RESULTS:

System 2 Results:

Pentium 4, on Asus p5ld2-vm with a 3 GHZ processor, 2 Gig Ram:

With Saphire x1600 PCI-E

Time: 2 Min 43 Seconds,

Or 163 Seconds

System 2 Results with 950 GMA Intel built in:

Time: 2 Min 48 Seconds,

or 168 Seconds.

CONCLUSION:

The Graphics card DOES NOT help with the rendering. So it's all processor strength!