ATI Moblity Radeon HD 3650 on iDeneb 1.3

Sign_90

453 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

hi here,

i try "ati 3650 mobility test 1" driver.

( DELL STUDIO 1735 )

after the reboot, i'm on the desk, info system display a cool "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650(Vanilla)", but i'm still in 1024x768... no other res choice ;)

hi here,

i try "ati 3650 mobility test 1" driver.

( DELL STUDIO 1735 )

after the reboot, i'm on the desk, info system display a cool "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650(Vanilla)", but i'm still in 1024x768... no other res choice :D

Because you miss ATI*.kext, you just loaded natit.kext that correctly detect your video card ( nothing else ).

You need to download the yannick pack that contains also the ati kext.

If your desktop became unreadable after test, remember to delete the ATI*.kext from /Sys*/Lib*/Extensions to see desktop again.

Sorry for my bad english, good luck, bye

MrStock

Hi guys,

I'm new on the bord, as in the hackhintosh word to. First, i'm sorry for my bad English.

Let's see my problem. Well, i'we got a Sony Vaio VGN-fw21z it's a very nice notebook and i put a iDeneb osx on it.

I'we got a few hardware problem, like the the vga driver.

I need some help for it. This is a Ati Radeon Mobility 3650 (512Mb) - HD card. I read, somebody has some cool stuff for it.

So, what can i do?

I have the same laptop but different model FW31ZJ

Ati Mobility Radeon HD 3650 with 512Mb

I would be proud to be a tester if you want, please, tell me if you want me to do something and help you to solve this issue

Best regards from Spain

I have the same laptop but different model FW31ZJ

Ati Mobility Radeon HD 3650 with 512Mb

I would be proud to be a tester if you want, please, tell me if you want me to do something and help you to solve this issue

Best regards from Spain

hi drkmatrix, i'm on it... I'm ready to help. Whats the plan?

excused, I was to school and I have had to send the post because I had to close the PC!

I have tried " the mobility test" on " ideneb 1.4" and it finds the video card but cannot change the resolution!

what other I could make?

excused my second post and my bad english!!

I all this is my first post, but also same problem ATI Radeon Hd Mobility 365 Device ID 0x9591

My HackBook Pro history:

Fresh Install ideneb 1.4 10.5.6

Then LastExile Test 1 pkg >> nothing happens

Trial 2 >>> Black screen

now :) what can i do to help others and me... i´ll test anything...almost....lol

PS my memory is 512MB but it only appear 256MB, and yes i know its "expansible"

My system :

Toshiba A350-10Y European Version

AMD Turion™ X2 Ultra Dual-Core ZM-80

Laptop Monitor 16"TFT Toshiba TruBrite® HD High Brightness 16:9 Res 1,366 x 768

Wifi : Not Working

Ethernet: Working

post-424309-1242211570_thumb.jpg

Why don't we just CLOSE this thread? There is no actual help :( , meaning there is no more progress and it seems no one is willing to help. Anyway i am going to buy a Mac (imac or macbook) in several moths ( i hope) :) . So i believe that we all should buy a mac, support Apple, and dont tell me anything about vista because you know that new macs can dual boot Vista. Anyway, i am not trying to be agrresive, its just my opinion, if some people dissagree with me, that is just fare.

Hope to see you in the Apple support forums one day :D

Hi all,

What seems to be the most close i can get to a working system:

System: Dell Studio 1737 (ATI HD 3650 Mobility)

1) Install OSX using XXX release of 10.5.6 (only selectien 'BCMWireless' and all 'Tools')

2) Install OSX Apple 10.5.7 update (downloaded manualy from Apple website)

3) Install "Test1" package from LastExille (which is the only kext that doesn't make my display go blank of garbelled at this time)

4) Use Osx86Tools to put EFI string 1440x900x32 (so at least it will be low res but a tiny bit bigger :-/)

5) That's it for now... More to follow later.

Should anyone have any more hints/tips/tests to make, please let me know.

Grz to Netkas, LastExile, JannickD (for his working version of 3560) and the others.

Ray

Oh yes, before i forget: this procedure also gives a working N-series Wireless Broadcom card :-)

Haven't tested sound yet, since display is far more important to me...

Grz,

R.

Hi all,

What seems to be the most close i can get to a working system:

System: Dell Studio 1737 (ATI HD 3650 Mobility)

1) Install OSX using XXX release of 10.5.6 (only selectien 'BCMWireless' and all 'Tools')

2) Install OSX Apple 10.5.7 update (downloaded manualy from Apple website)

3) Install "Test1" package from LastExille (which is the only kext that doesn't make my display go blank of garbelled at this time)

4) Use Osx86Tools to put EFI string 1440x900x32 (so at least it will be low res but a tiny bit bigger :-/)

5) That's it for now... More to follow later.

Is QE/CI working ?

Is QE/CI working ?

Nope :( For now i have given up on the 3650 Mobility :(

Even the display is far from good...

I hope someone can find a fix for this card soon...

Or i get garrbeled display, of i get the blue screen or a short flash. That's about it thus far...

QE/CI not working, resolution change not working yet...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok...i see ATI Mobility HD3650 has only one member get it to work... i im researching for my device ATI Mobility HD 2400 XT (0x94C8)

i have download Trial 2 (RV635) package...and modify Info.plist from Natit.kext to inclde my VGA..a have made somme modifications... (using EFI studio a have read all values from string DISPLAY and is the same values as HD3600 have)

IOKITPERSONALITIES - NATIT - VENDORS - 0x1002 - DEVICES and modify 0x9598 to 0x94C8 to include my device...

other data is the same as HD3600 card...and framebuffers from Megalon to Iago...:rolleyes:

when i mount it with kext helper and repair permissions using disc utillity..at boot write -v it seems to kext is loaded and is writing nantit setting registry values...etc...

when is login windows coming then internal screen get switched of...i think that EDID, LVS is the problem.... becuse natit switch to device that is definied in info.plist (@0,device_type, @1,device_type)...so i dont know how to inject EDID from my laptop....(Acer Extensa 7620)..tried radeondump...but without success..only rom dump..

so could some one tell me how to dump edid from internal display using linux or macosx when is possible?

we need only EDID insert it into natit and then it must be working....

ATIX2000.kext has already support for many ATI Mobility devices but need natit to set correct display values..thanks

:)

second trial...

- i have deleted all ati kext in extensions folder

- boot using boot-132 cd and my ati mobility radeon have been sucessfully recognized...:wacko: here is a screenshoot..;)

- but during boot using -v parameter...i get this strange errors:

Couldn't alloc class "ATIRadeonX2000"

can't find extension with id com.apple.ATIRadeonX2000

can't find extension with id com.apple.kext.ATY_Iago

localhost kernel[0]: ATY,Iago: Not usable

so that means that the atiradeonx2000.kext is not loaded ( and for that no we/ci ), ATY_Iago framebuffer is not loaded

so no recognized internal monitor, resulution etc...

i have deleted all kext in extensions folder nd youse only kext from Trial 2 package including ATIRadeon2000.kext, ATINDRV.kext and others that include framebuffers...

So have any idea how to fix this or what to do next???

Thanks..;)

post-148167-1245416937_thumb.jpg