ATI Moblity Radeon HD 3650 on iDeneb 1.3

Sign_90

453 posts in this topic

I used natit and new drivers provided by bloomberg.

And I got blank screen when it's time to display desktop, if I close display, then display is off(of course), but when I open display again, there's blue screen.

Sleep is not working here, but maybe someone with sleep could have a try and see what happens.

I have a Toshiba A300-1IA (modelnumber: PSAGCE-01R00NTB) and I have an ATI Mobility HD3650 card and I donwloaded the package Trail 2 from YannickD signature and when I rebooted the apple was loading it dissapeared and I thought oh it's working but the screen was still black so no help here, I'm reading further on the topic so I will try different things.

Also tried to use a S-Video cable to see external screen but no luck. (Have no other screen so srr :P)

I have a Toshiba A300-1IA (modelnumber: PSAGCE-01R00NTB) and I have an ATI Mobility HD3650 card and I donwloaded the package Trail 2 from YannickD signature and when I rebooted the apple was loading it dissapeared and I thought oh it's working but the screen was still black so no help here, I'm reading further on the topic so I will try different things.

Also tried to use a S-Video cable to see external screen but no luck. (Have no other screen so srr :P)

try YannickD's kexts, not trial2 or lastexile's pkg

Hello there!

I've been watching this topic, and many others for quite some time in regards to the Mobility Radeon HD 3650... Or general Studio 1735 woes in my case. I was wondering, maybe we should set some sort of donation thing up, where people who feel they need the drivers enough can donate money... and then maybe have this money as a prize/incentive for some of the big developers to maybe give it some thought?

Just an idea really... It would be lovely to have a working studio 17 with osx86

Cheers

try YannickD's kexts, not trial2 or lastexile's pkg

I've did a clean install with iDeneb 1.4!

I have tried Test 1 I found here and I think my result is kind of positive.

I've added several Screens from mac.

And I've added my GPU-Z also ^^

It says Mobility Radeon 3650 but I was wondering if there's a way to fix the resolution?

I can go up to 1440x900?

I could give you guys some more info like kextat and regestry or something, but explain how I can provide those files because that's a little bit confusing :D! I've also read the whole topic and at a certain point it really gets confusing wich kext I should use, etc etc :( but I really wanne thank you with the good job you do guys!

So for my pc I used the install package: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1rqnc9

(The first time I tried: http://filedump.fujilives.com/Mac%20STuff/...2%20(RV635).zip ; but these gave me a black screen, so maybe it went external)

I also tested the iTunes Cover Flow and it's a NO GO! So I'm guessing there isn't much of a difference, or do I have to change some things?...

post-246604-1236609816_thumb.jpg

post-246604-1236609833_thumb.jpg

post-246604-1236609857_thumb.jpg

caryntjen, if you installed the pkg and you have no QE/CI and no resolution change without scramble/black/colored/orwhatever screen means only Natit.kext is loaded but not ATIRNDRV.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext.

You should try to delete all the ATIetc...* .kext from S*/L*/Extension repair permissions reboot instal the pkg repair permission and reboot with -v -f flags

OK I tried with Yannick his kext but it keeps loading and it's stuck at see picks:

I unpacked the zip and used kexthelperb7 or something like that?

After that I restored Permissions with sudo diskutil RepairPermissions /

I booted with: -v -f

I'll try again another time with a clean install... Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Do I have to use the RepairPermissions? or dos Kexthelper do that for me?

post-246604-1236642664_thumb.jpg

post-246604-1236642707_thumb.jpg

post-246604-1236642731_thumb.jpg

Ok what I've done:

- A clean install with Yannicks Kext:

I've got a Black Screen, then added a External Screen where the screen was bleu.

(A lot of AppleDecrypts when I boot with -v -f)

- A clean install with the Package (Test 1):

A fine reboot but not really a good support for graphics like no cover flow or visualisation.

(I rebooted the first time with -v -f)

(at both diagnostic boots I've got an error about Firewire (not important I guess) and a com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub error that it couldn't load but that's probably of the PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard Fix)

Any other ideas anyone?

hi, guys,

I'm trying with my Toshiba P300 with 512mb ATI Mobility HD 3650.

got C/I QE so called "enabled", all resolutions with Vanilla. exciting thing, hum?

but this is a not a real success!

no video can be played, mice moves like thousands tons heavy, refresh rate is n/a, many program can not be launched.

btw, I try will many combinations of all the kext, HD3650 PKG, natit, this result is the most likely to be the real one.

guessing it's the frame buffer problem,

my screen blinks slightly, which surely will kill my eyes if I don't turn it off, or/and it will kill my screen.

post-220178-1236718897_thumb.png

post-220178-1236718930_thumb.png

my laptop is a Toshiba A300-1DV.I've tried the YannickD's kext but not work!!!

(I've tired with iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5, iDeneb 1.3 10.5.6, iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 and Kalyway 10.5.6)

P300 should have the similar mobo as A300. some one posted sucessful installation on Toshiba. but I doute it's a true sucess.

my way was one of possible combinations of fuji1.kext, natit, Yanik.kext.

BTW, could YannickD verify and report where what he got is a true sucess? i.e, play DVD or avi file?

P300 should have the similar mobo as A300. some one posted sucessful installation on Toshiba. but I doute it's a true sucess.

my way was one of possible combinations of fuji1.kext, natit, Yanik.kext.

BTW, could YannickD verify and report where what he got is a true sucess? i.e, play DVD or avi file?

just tell me what you want to see.

and by the way , i think refresh rate will never be available on laptop displays because they are lcds and have a fixed refresh rate.

and i'm not sure if this is part of your problem , but you dont have quartzgl enabled , you should enable it (in osx86tools or somewhere else).

oh and i'm really not the kind of guy who is all like "use the search function" ... but why dont you have a look here:Mouse tearing

Ok I used the Fuijlives (or something like that) his kext also black screen internal, blue screen external.

Also tried for a second time YannicD, first installed Test 1 reboot, then installed his kext, same thing, black and blue screen.

Also when I added the kext with Kext Helper b7 when I reboot it says Updating Boot Caches.

Is there another way to try? I really would like to get things work on my Toshiba A300.

It's the Appledecrypt things I keep getting when I boot with -v -f. Is there a solution to it?

just tell me what you want to see.

and by the way , i think refresh rate will never be available on laptop displays because they are lcds and have a fixed refresh rate.

and i'm not sure if this is part of your problem , but you dont have quartzgl enabled , you should enable it (in osx86tools or somewhere else).

oh and i'm really not the kind of guy who is all like "use the search function" ... but why dont you have a look here:Mouse tearing

LCD surely has refresh rate, no matter under windows or OS X.

this is screenshot of my desktop which works perfectly with dual LCD, using Asus Geforce 8400GS.

Please report a DVD player or Movie player status, thank you! I just want be sure there is a way to get all things working.

post-220178-1236814388_thumb.png

post-220178-1236814483_thumb.png

LCD surely has refresh rate, no matter under windows or OS X.

this is screenshot of my desktop which works perfectly with dual LCD, using Asus Geforce 8400GS.

Please report a DVD player or Movie player status, thank you! I just want be sure there is a way to get all things working.

Of course they have a refresh rate, but on built in lcds its a fixed one (look it up on windows, its 60hz) and osx therefore doesn't allow to change it , simply because it can't be changed. You can read it here if you want.It's a different thing on a desktop computer.

On my laptop, both vlc and itunes play videos and dvds flawless.

2ew097c.jpg

Hi guys.

I have a Sony VAIO FW160 16:9 widescreen with a Mobility Radeon HD 3400 series ( 0x95C4 ). I have tried all possibilities and combinations with all those kexts. I have installed iDeneb 10.5.6 and IPC 10.5.6 and no go ( no screen, black screen, disco screen and so on ), I don't have a HDMI cable, I think it's a bios thing but I can't activate external VGA output in keyboard and there's no such option in bios, this notebbok bios sucks I can only change boot sequence.

Everyday I'll be here, if you guys need some tests...

thanks in advance.

Well here is another picture

245k3dx.jpg

We still need to figure out some things and we need testers....

Hey~I have a Mobility HD3470 and I deadly need a driver that can open qe/ci.

Do you need testers of Mobility HD3470 and other mobility radeons? Or just Mobility HD3650 individually?

Hey Guys, I'm on an Asus M70sa with Mobility HD 3650 1Gb... just tried YannickD kext's and result is Black screen on internal, and Blue screen on VGA external, haven't tested HDMI on external (don't have the cable).

But when I do: ioreg -l w0 | grep "HDID" , it returnes nothing! This means that LCD Edid is not detected! I think Fugilives was right, we have to dump the EDID on windows and then insert it in Natit... somehow...

Here's the interesting part of my system.log after the installation of YannickD kext's:

Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: VGA: family specific matching fails
Mar 13 01:18:42: --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Starting.
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: device-id: 0x9591
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Found device
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Found device name
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,PlatformInfo=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,EFICompileDate=Dec 18 2007
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,EFIEnabledMode=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,Copyright=Copyright AMD Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2005-2008
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,display-connect-flags=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,EFIHWInitStatus=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,IOSpaceOffset=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,MCLK=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,Rom#=113-B1480A-236
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,ATY,EFIDisplay=TMDSA
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,EFIDriverType=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting model=ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650(Vanilla)
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting MVAD=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,device_type=display
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,display-type=NONE
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL01,blackscreen-preferences=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL00,blackscreen-preferences=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL,backlight-control=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,RegisterSpaceOffset=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,display-type=LCD
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting name=ATY,MegalodonParent
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL,aux-power-connected=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,FrameBufferOffset=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,MemVendorID=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,MemRevisionID=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,connector-type=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,EFIOrientation=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,VRAM,memsize=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL,EMC-Display-List=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,MRT=
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,compatible=ATY,Megalodon
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,RefCLK=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,name=ATY,Megalodon
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL01,Coherency=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,SCLK=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,AAPL,boot-display=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,name=ATY,Megalodon
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,compatible=ATY,Megalodon
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,Card#=109-B148xx-00
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,HWGPIO=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,PCIConfigSpace=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,connector-type=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,device_type=display
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,EFIVersionBios=113-B14801-023
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,EFIVersion=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting device_type=ATY,MegalodonParent
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,VRAM,memsize=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,VendorID=<data not shown>

So clearly Natit detect the card and assign it values... We have to check if those value are correct (like VRAM etc.) and if not, correct them in Natit's plist... Then try to add the EDID data in the same plist.

If EDID is present, than the framebuffer will know what screen it has to deal with and consequently will send the correct signal to the screen.

So essentially from what I understand, the problem is that the display connection on most laptop with ATI mobility prevent it to automatically transfer the Diplay's EDID info to Mac OSX. So by dumping it the EDID in windows and inserting it in Natit, it should solve the problem.

I'll try that soon and report back. I think we're almost there guys! Let's do our best and solve this problem as soon as possible!