ATI Moblity Radeon HD 3650 on iDeneb 1.3

Sign_90

453 posts in this topic

Hi sign_90,

yesterday i was getting my radeon mobility 3650 to work with fujilives kexts. I have now a working display manager and full QE/CI.

See my signature below for the link to the driver!

Hope this works for you as well!

what the hell? there's nvidia natit. anyway I'll try it on mine 2400, but I think it not gonna work :/

Hi sign_90,

yesterday i was getting my radeon mobility 3650 to work with fujilives kexts. I have now a working display manager and full QE/CI.

post screenshots !! :D

Hi sign_90,

i 2. that...

Post screenshots. :D

Alright, Just tested on 1.0.5.2. I didn't follow the instructions to the letter, I installed the kexts then fixed the permissions, then rebooted, I get a blue and yellow line down the screen and it wont boot now.

I'm not if it's because I dont have 1.0.5.6 like YannickD does or whether I need to install a Radeon HD package "found in trial 1"? as it states in the instructions.

@YannickD, can you give us a low down on what you did to install it.

Update: Tried again using Radeon HD Package and it made it a little different, screen goes entirely blue and it won't boot. I can try 1.0.5.6 tomorrow.

Hi sign_90,

Hello,

Can you tell us exactly how did you instaled the kex, bacause for me it did not work. I have also a toshiba a300, and osx 10.5.6. I instaled your kex and after reboot my screen turned to yellow.I have installed iPC universal 10.5.6 on my laptop.

PS: what did you select for the instalation of Kalyway?

Hello. Can you tell us exactly the steps you followed to achieve this? also will this work for mobility hd2600? i had a look at info.plist found in (\Trial 2 (RV635)\Trial 2 (RV635)\Natit.kext\Contents\info.plist). There is already a string for Mobility HD 3650. What do i have to change/add to make mobility hd2600 work? thanks.... u r a god! :rolleyes::D:angel::thumbsup_anim:

Edit with plisteditor pro(google it), you have to add your dev id, and add another entry which describes which framebuffer to use. But it won't work, tried on 2400 mobility, same result as with simple natit.

I just dont get it...there is no mobility hd3650 driver but it works....there is no mobility hd2600 (or 2400) driver and still not working..... :-( Have you tried using the same framebuffer as mobility hd3650 (for your mob hd2400)? have u updated to 10.5.6?.... maybe we are just missing a step...come on....we are close....

yeah, tried several framebuffers, tried changing display type in natit. connecting external on dvi gives me internal display, unfortunately without backlight and with external display's edid. And I don't remember entry in natit, which overrides EDID.

Instruction from readme of Trial1 : "Install 10.5x Installer included - but don't let it restart until you do the following :

When you reach the "press ok to restart" part of the installer, dont click it, instead open up Kext-Helper and use it to install ATIRadeonX2000.kext and ATIRNDRV (I modified to include the ID of radeon mobility 3650)

Close Kext-Helper when done, and open Disk-Utilities - Repair permissions." have you tried to mod ATIRadeonX2000.kext and ATIRNDRV ???

i ll try as soon as i make backups and have finished downloading combo update. where is YannickD? we do need his help....Aidass have u updated to 10.5.6? also can u tell me how to edit natit for use with mob hd2600? i dont ask which program but which strings to add. will it work if ,in natit, i make search and replace 3650 with 2600?

I've installed iPc 10.5.6. And about editing, first find dev id 9591 and change it to yours, don't change any strings to hd2600, then a bit lower you'll find string HD3600, edit there your framebuffer, for 3600 it's Mega..., ATY,Mega... (it should be 4 or maybe 5 strings, don't remember) and two strings are ATY,Mega...Parent or smth like that, change to your framebuffer (don't remember what's yours, mine for 2400 is Iago, so I have to change value to ATY,Iago and ATY,IagoParent