[GUIDE] Retail OS X Install (10.5.8) on Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 (Core i7) Mobo

digital_dreamer

3,054 posts in this topic

But there is an issue with sleep. I can get it to sleep but it didn't come back!!!

How did you solve this issue?

I am getting KPs with the new kernel when I wake from sleep sometimes now. I can't seem to find the log for it either, I might try to cause the KP again to find the log.

I've booted into my install and, unfortunately, do not experience the wake from sleep issues reported here. So, there must be something different in your BIOS settings or, more likely, some devices you have hooked up that's not responding properly.

I'd start with USB devices and unplug everything except for just keyboard and mouse. Make sure your keyboard and mouse are not connected to a USB hub.

Other issues could be external drives (USB, FireWire or eSATA) that don't wake up properly, PCI(e) cards that don't support sleep, or older IDE drives connected via SATA-to-IDE adapter.

Hope you find the culprit.

MAJ

Yea, i'm rebooting fine, i actually chose that Openhaltrestart.kext durring my installation and thats taken care of everything. Restoring that original platform kext fixed my speed issue. Processor is detected at 3.2 as it should and identifying the processor correctly. I then did adjustments to applesystem info string you know and all is fine. My geekbench jumped over the thousands when i restored that original kext. I then edited my plist and added an extra flag beside the busratio=20 flag as macmodel=MacPro3,1 and that got rid of the macbook pro issue. My memory is detected at the right speed, it just says ddr2 instead of 3 lol, i'm gonna give up on it and play happy for now.

Good move. Way to go.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to get rid of the repeating kernel messages: "Let's set the macmodel as MacPro over and over again just to be safe!" LOL!

MAJ

I thought I might repeat this tip from the previous thread:

For all those using the Boot from EFI Partition method and are getting the following recurring sound assertion errors:

Jan 25 14:50:02 Michaels-Macalem-i7 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 2742 goto handler

tmongkol has provided a fix for that from this 889A thread. (Solved by adding Digital Input's NodeID in pathmap.)

Download and install this AppleHDA update for Boot from EFI Partition setup: Legacy 3outs3ins digital HDA headphone update

This particular bundle includes the HDAEnabler.kext, LegacyHDAController.kext, and LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext. Also included is the latest AppleSMBIOS.kext published by karrakeha1, to get Digital Output working. This update supports HDA front audio: When you plug headphones in, the front speakers will be automatically muted. Also, in System Preferences' Sound, the name Internal Speakers will be changed to Headphones. Additionally, the Microphone inputs include the "Use ambient noise reduction" option.

I've already updated the version numbers so that they receive loading priority.

Hang on startup at ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure - Green LAN!

Now this one was bit of a mystery (and still is). I was getting random hangs on boot at this message. What made it more tricky was that it seemed completely random - sometimes it happened, sometimes not. After a lot of BIOS tweaking I noticed it didn't happen when Green LAN was disabled. It also seemed to happen more when IO80211Family.kext was in the EFI partition.

Fix/Workaround

Disable Green LAN. (I've read that this needs to be on for LAN to work after sleep, but in my experience this wasn't true. I was able to sleep and the DHCP LAN came back on wake. I was also able to swap between ports). Again, YMMV

Thanks for the heads-up on the Green LAN issue. I swear it used to work with it ON, but can confirm, like you said, that it behaves in the reverse manner now. Must have been the F4 BIOS update.

UPDATE:

As for the Airport and LAN issue, have you tried installing just the RealtekR1000.kext onto the EFI partition (instead of the IONetworkingFamily.kext, which includes the whole assortment of LAN drivers), along with the IO80211Family.kext? Let me know your results.

masterlen,

I'll try to provide the pertinent BIOS settings later tonight.

regards,

MAJ

P.S. It's a slow day at work today. 98% of the company's workforce is attending a funeral for a receptionist, who was also the wife of my supervisor and mother of a fellow worker in my dept. Plus, we've had some rather icy road conditions, prompting some to take a leave from work. All of that appears to lead to some odd situations, like increasing post counts. :D

Condolences for the lost..

Any luck with virtual machines with the i7's yet? I havent dived into installing one yet and finding out what happens. Any issues with Time Machine?

ILife09 works great

UPDATE:

As for the Airport and LAN issue, have you tried installing just the RealtekR1000.kext onto the EFI partition (instead of the IONetworkingFamily.kext, which includes the whole assortment of LAN drivers), along with the IO80211Family.kext? Let me know your results.

Hey MAJ,

Right - I'm pretty sure I tried this during my testing but just tried again now to confirm.

Results/Observations

Firewire network shows up in Network System Preferences. Both Ethernet services are missing as is Airport. A quick trawl of console shows these messages - different to the link/load errors observed when loading both IONetworkFamily and IO80211.

Jan 28 21:42:49 MacPro-i7 kernel[0]: can't determine immediate dependencies for extension com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43xx

Jan 28 21:42:49 MacPro-i7 kernel[0]: Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43xx.

Jan 28 21:42:49 MacPro-i7 kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "AirPort_Brcm43xx"

AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Unknown hardware version ID (28000000)
Jan 28 21:42:50 MacPro-i7 kernel[0]: AppleRTL8169Ethernet: probeHardware() failed

Completely unrelated to this but does any one else get a blinking power light on sleep? This case used to blink when sleeping with old P5W board but doesn't with this board. No biggie, just curious.

Thanks

Digital Dreamer, you are the man!

It takes a lot for this kind of work. I just appreciate you for doing this.

Especially, the bios was so kind.

I'm going to retry with my Giga Board.

I just let other guys know on the record that Digital Dreamers Retail works with EVGA X58 SLI MOBO too, except Sound.

If other people has EVGA X58 board, you guys can just follow DD's guide, then OSX will be successfully installed although sound has to be figured out on your own. I'm using one of cheap USB sound card. Other than that, my system works perfect.

Thanks DD

I am new to Hackintosh.

I am also very new to PC. I have been a mac guy for 20 years. Assuming the EVGA mobo is a good option, there is a system builder I found online that can build and ship the following i7 920 config for $1002. I already own the Griffin iMic, so I can solve the sound problems. Purchasing the parts at newegg comes real close to this cost, and they integrate it for me, ship it and guarantee it..

Does anyone have experience with CyberPowerPC.com? Would you go this way? Is it worth spending $100 more and hours integrating to get the Gigabyte mobo?

I am just not sure of getting the PC integrated correctly..

Thanks (details follow)

• CASE: Apevia X-Supra Gaming Mid-Tower 420W Case (G Type Black Color with Side-Window)
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-920 2.66 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366
  • COOLING FAN : CoolerMaster V8 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent Operation at only 22dBA + Overclock Proof)
  • MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) EVGA X58 3X SLI Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA, Dual GbLAN, USB2.0, Dual IEEE1394& 7.1Audio
  • MEMORY: 3GB (1GBx3) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Triple Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
  • FREEBIES: None
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 7200 GS TurboCache supporting 256MB PCI-E (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA)
  • HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
  • Optical Drive: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
  • KEYBOARD: Logitech Deluxe 250 USB Keyboard (Black Color)
  • MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
  • SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Hey MAJ,

Right - I'm pretty sure I tried this during my testing but just tried again now to confirm.

Results/Observations

Firewire network shows up in Network System Preferences. Both Ethernet services are missing as is Airport. A quick trawl of console shows these messages - different to the link/load errors observed when loading both IONetworkFamily and IO80211.

Jan 28 21:42:49 MacPro-i7 kernel[0]: can't determine immediate dependencies for extension com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43xx

Jan 28 21:42:49 MacPro-i7 kernel[0]: Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43xx.

Jan 28 21:42:49 MacPro-i7 kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "AirPort_Brcm43xx"

AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Unknown hardware version ID (28000000)
Jan 28 21:42:50 MacPro-i7 kernel[0]: AppleRTL8169Ethernet: probeHardware() failed

Completely unrelated to this but does any one else get a blinking power light on sleep? This case used to blink when sleeping with old P5W board but doesn't with this board. No biggie, just curious.

Thanks

Thanks for that log. Obviously, the RealtekR1000.kext is not loading and in its place is the non-working vanilla AppleRTL8169Ethernet driver inside the IONetworkingFamily.kext from the S/L/E directory. Hmmmm.

I believe the blinking light only works when you have the S1(POS) (Power On Suspend) option selected in the BIOS for ACPI Suspend Type. This is the low-power sleep state that produces the blinking light. Default is S3(STR) (Suspend To RAM), where the system actually appears off, so no blinking light.

You may have better results and no KP with the S1(POS) sleep mode.

regards,

MAJ

I am new to Hackintosh.

I am also very new to PC. I have been a mac guy for 20 years. Assuming the EVGA mobo is a good option, there is a system builder I found online that can build and ship the following i7 920 config for $1002. I already own the Griffin iMic, so I can solve the sound problems. Purchasing the parts at newegg comes real close to this cost, and they integrate it for me, ship it and guarantee it..

Does anyone have experience with CyberPowerPC.com? Would you go this way? Is it worth spending $100 more and hours integrating to get the Gigabyte mobo?

Thanks (details follow)

• CASE: Apevia X-Supra Gaming Mid-Tower 420W Case (G Type Black Color with Side-Window)
  • COOLING FAN : CoolerMaster V8 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent Operation at only 22dBA + Overclock Proof)
  • MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) EVGA X58 3X SLI Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA, Dual GbLAN, USB2.0, Dual IEEE1394& 7.1Audio
  • MEMORY: 3GB (1GBx3) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Triple Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 7200 GS TurboCache supporting 256MB PCI-E (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA)
  • Optical Drive: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
  • SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Go for it, got my install just about perfect. All that doesnt work onboard is audio. *using adapter* Leo also reports memory as ddr2 but its operating correctly.

I believe the blinking light only works when you have the S1(POS) (Power On Suspend) option selected in the BIOS for ACPI Suspend Type. This is the low-power sleep state that produces the blinking light. Default is S3(STR) (Suspend To RAM), where the system actually appears off, so no blinking light.

Tried it, makes no difference with the light on my board. It's really not a problem though I was just interested to hear if others had the same issue.

You may have better results and no KP with the S1(POS) sleep mode.
Thanks but I wasn't having any KPs - I think that was masterlen.

Any more ideas on what I can try on the Airport/LAN conflict issue? I'm running out of things to try. The only thing I haven't experimeted with is switching kexts in S/L/E (purely for evaluation purposes). Would this be worth trying? - say maybe replace Original S/L/E IONEtworkFamily and see if I still get link/load error?

Also, I'm in the market for a new graphics card and would appreciate some buying advice. Would it be worth holding off to see if any of the rumored new Macs include support for the new NVidia 200 Series cards or would I be better off getting something like a 9800GTX. All opinions welcomed

thanks

Tried it, makes no difference with the light on my board. It's really not a problem though I was just interested to hear if others had the same issue.

Interesting. I'd like the blinking light, too, but no worky for me, either.

Any more ideas on what I can try on the Airport/LAN conflict issue? I'm running out of things to try. The only thing I haven't experimeted with is switching kexts in S/L/E (purely for evaluation purposes). Would this be worth trying? - say maybe replace Original S/L/E IONEtworkFamily and see if I still get link/load error?

I'd say go for it! Worth a try.

If it works, it'll probably be because of dependency issues with the EFI partition setup. Some kexts really require/depend on supporting kexts being in the same directory and may just fail if they're not.

You could also try just dropping the RealtekR1000.kext into S/L/E. I know the LAN will work that way, as that's the way the standard Retail install is done. But, I wouldn't know about wireless. Sorry I don't have any way to test, as I don't use an Airport/wireless card. I just have a Airport base station plugged into the LAN.

Are you still getting the "dC" error code? What symptoms does that board have in that code? Failed boot?

I did a search and cannot find that code anywhere. That number is far away from the last codes recorded in the manual.

masterlen,

After looking at the BOIS settings, I can't really see what setting you would need to resolve the sleep issue. You could try the BIOS profiles I have saved from my system and see if they work for you. If they don't, then the problem is elsewhere.

regards,

MAJ

I'd say go for it! Worth a try.

Cool - I'll keep tinkering.

Are you still getting the "dC" error code? What symptoms does that board have in that code? Failed boot?
Yep, still have it when the machine is running but there are no symptoms as nothing is wrong.

Again I was just curious and a little confused as I couldn't find any mention of it. Sometimes is displayes FF and sometimes dC but it's completely stable. See (crappy) pic below.

No issues aside from Networking ones which I'm working on.

1072df5.png

Congratulations! I know you struggled with this for a while, so I'm glad you're on board.

Do you know what kernel the iPC install is using? To solve the KP with the dmgs, exchange your seatbelt.kext. If you're running 10.5.6 with the Voodoo 9.5 kernel, you need to use the earlier 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext.

The USB drive mounting issue is a common issue with 10.5.6. The only current solution (until the official Voodoo kernel release) is to use Andy's Voodoo-based 9.6 kernel. If you do that, you'll need to go back to the 10.5.6 seatbelt.kext to prevent KP. Simple stuff, eh?

As for your kext updates, it doesn't really matter. Whatever is simpler or quicker, but needs to be accomplished correctly with the right permissions. I like to run the post-patch, so that the script's kext folder is always current. Otherwise I may get confused regarding which version of that particular kext got installed and that can happen a lot. I also label them with various colors to keep track of them.

iPC is running 10.5.6 with the Voodoo 9.5 kernel ! so i changed it for seatbelt 10.5.5 version. Thats Ok now ! :D

I have now also a EFI bootloader OSX (built with wolfienuke script) 10.5.6 disk, but is has the same dmg KP error so where can i get seatbelt 10.5.6 ,from combo update 10.5.6 ?

How can I get info for version N° ? Do I have to change the version n° when i put it in the EFI partition to force it to load before S/L/E ?

A question: Did you try de latest Bios for this card F5g ? or is it to risky ?

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/gigabyte-latest-bios-28441/

;)

iPC is running 10.5.6 with the Voodoo 9.5 kernel ! so i changed it for seatbelt 10.5.5 version. Thats Ok now ! :)

I have now also a EFI bootloader OSX (built with wolfienuke script) 10.5.6 disk, but is has the same dmg KP error so where can i get seatbelt 10.5.6 ,from combo update 10.5.6 ?

How can I get info for version N° ? Do I have to change the version n° when i put it in the EFI partition to force it to load before S/L/E ?

A question: Did you try de latest Bios for this card F5g ? or is it to risky ?

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/gigabyte-latest-bios-28441/

;)

Here's the Seatbelt.kext for 10.5.6.

Wolfienuke's script has an option to update the version numbers of the kexts.

I prefer to do it manually via text editor. The relevant areas that need changes are in the info.plist and version.plist, if present:

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>999.9.9</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>9.9.9</string>

Some kexts don't have the short version string, so it must be added.

I haven't updated to F5g, as Gigabyte seldom tells you what has been changed in that version. That's been a complaint noted even on that forum. I make it a practice to only update for known fixes/improvements that affect me and when those fixes are released to the general public (out of beta). I've subscribed to the RSS feed for various driver and BIOS updates on Gigabyte's site.

best regards,

MAJ

Here's the Seatbelt.kext for 10.5.6.

Wolfienuke's script has an option to update the version numbers of the kexts.

I prefer to do it manually via text editor. The relevant areas that need changes are in the info.plist and version.plist, if present:

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>999.9.9</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>9.9.9</string>

Some kexts don't have the short version string, so it must be added.

I haven't updated to F5g, as Gigabyte seldom tells you what has been changed in that version. That's been a complaint noted even on that forum. I make it a practice to only update for known fixes/improvements that affect me and when those fixes are released to the general public (out of beta). I've subscribed to the RSS feed for various driver and BIOS updates on Gigabyte's site.

best regards,

MAJ

For those of you who want to increase version numbers via terminal, you can use the defaults command:

defaults write "$KEXT_PATH/Contents/Info" CFBundleVersion "9.9.9"
defaults write "$KEXT_PATH/Contents/Info" CFBundleShortVersionString "9.9.9"
defaults write "$KEXT_PATH/Contents/Version" CFBundleVersion "9.9.9"
defaults write "$KEXT_PATH/Contents/Version" CFBundleShortVersionString "9.9.9"

I am new to Hackintosh.

Thanks (details follow)

Your spec looks good! Only thing different is that your choice of VGA card. I happend to use ATI HD3870 which is also used by DD and Wolfienuke who guided us to have successful installation. So, if you are going to go with the nvidia VGA, you need to get that VGA driver correctly by you.

For those of you who want to increase version numbers via terminal, you can use the defaults command:

defaults write "$KEXT_PATH/Contents/Info" CFBundleVersion "9.9.9"
defaults write "$KEXT_PATH/Contents/Info" CFBundleShortVersionString "9.9.9"
defaults write "$KEXT_PATH/Contents/Version" CFBundleVersion "9.9.9"
defaults write "$KEXT_PATH/Contents/Version" CFBundleShortVersionString "9.9.9"

Oooo. Thanks for that!

I haven't tried, but I suppose it'll just say "no file or directory found" if there's no Version.plist present?

MAJ

JaE-V,

Have you tried the following kernel flags in the boot.plist for the RAM type, using whatever specs you have?:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>MemSpeed=1600 MemType=DDR3</string>

Any luck with virtual machines with the i7's yet? I havent dived into installing one yet and finding out what happens. Any issues with Time Machine?

I haven't tried recently, but don't plan to until the official release of the Voodoo 9.6 kernel.

Time Machine works fine if you use the updated IONetworking.kext in the GA-EX58-UD5 kexts download.

regards,

MAJ

Has anyone had luck with the Extreme version of this board? I can load iDeneb with cpus=1 but once it is installed I cant boot into the new install - even with cpus=1, -f, -v, -x, my bios settings match the settings on the 1st page - anyone?

Has anyone had luck with the Extreme version of this board? I can load iDeneb with cpus=1 but once it is installed I cant boot into the new install - even with cpus=1, -f, -v, -x, my bios settings match the settings on the 1st page - anyone?

What kernel are you using?

If using the Voodoo kernel, you need to add the "busratio=20" flag.

regards,

MAJ

For all those using the Boot from EFI Partition method and are getting the following recurring sound assertion errors:

Jan 25 14:50:02 Michaels-Macalem-i7 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 2742 goto handler

tmongkol has provided a fix for that from this 889A thread. (Solved by adding Digital Input's NodeID in pathmap.)

Download and install this AppleHDA update for Boot from EFI Partition setup: Legacy 3outs3ins digital HDA headphone update

This particular bundle includes the HDAEnabler.kext, LegacyHDAController.kext, and LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext. Also included is the latest AppleSMBIOS.kext published by karrakeha1, to get Digital Output working. This update supports HDA front audio: When you plug headphones in, the front speakers will be automatically muted. Also, in System Preferences' Sound, the name Internal Speakers will be changed to Headphones. Additionally, the Microphone inputs include the "Use ambient noise reduction" option.

I've already updated the version numbers so that they receive loading priority.

Thanks for the HDA update... Works flawlessly now! :)

Also, you can try Kalyway distro with Kabyl kernel. That's the first kernel that I tried that worked well. I would recommend Vanilla install with Voodoo-based 9.6.0 kernel, but whatever gets your rig up and running is a step in the right direction.

Downloading now :) Will let you know - Just build the ultimate system :) Win 7 etc runs great of course :) but would rather OS X

Also, you can try Kalyway distro with Kabyl kernel. That's the first kernel that I tried that worked well. I would recommend Vanilla install with Voodoo-based 9.6.0 kernel, but whatever gets your rig up and running is a step in the right direction.

running to try now :)

What kernel are you using?

If using the Voodoo kernel, you need to add the "busratio=20" flag.

regards,

MAJ

busratio=20 got me booting - I am now hanging once it gets to BSD - Shows disk0s2 minor=14 major=(Cant remember) tried using -x

Thats the end result I am after - I need to have a functioning osx install first though correct?

ok - am I being stupid :unsure: Using either of the scripts to make the new GUID Disk bootable - no problem - Go to install from Retail DVD and get "Alert - For Mac OS X system requirements, see the "Read Before You Install" document on your Mac OS X installation disc. " I have done retail installs before ;) honest ;) I have tried my reg retail DVD as well as a unibody Aluminum MBP restore dvd - I am having to boot into my iDeneb install with busratio=20 -x -v I have installed retail from safe mode before so I dont think thats it??

busratio=20 got me booting - I am now hanging once it gets to BSD - Shows disk0s2 minor=14 major=(Cant remember) tried using -x

Is it hanging in the iDeneb installer? Not much we can do, but it would help if you can post a picture of that log on screen.

Thats the end result I am after - I need to have a functioning osx install first though correct?

That definitely makes things easier and less painful, because (speaking from experience here) you're going to mess up your main install a few times. So, always having a working install to go back to to fix things up is a no-brainer.

ok - am I being stupid :) Using either of the scripts to make the new GUID Disk bootable - no problem - Go to install from Retail DVD and get "Alert - For Mac OS X system requirements, see the "Read Before You Install" document on your Mac OS X installation disc. " I have done retail installs before :D honest :) I have tried my reg retail DVD as well as a unibody Aluminum MBP restore dvd - I am having to boot into my iDeneb install with busratio=20 -x -v I have installed retail from safe mode before so I dont think thats it??

Is the install drive a fresh partition, with HFS+ and Journaling enabled? Using the Options, were you able to discern it is, indeed, a GUID partition, and not Apple Partition Map (APM) or Master Boot Record (MBR)?

regards,

MAJ

*****THIS GUIDE IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, I JUST GOT MY SYSTEM WORKING, GIVE ME A DAY OR TWO*****

My system specs:

Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD4P

Video: Zotac Geforce 7300GT

Other: Sata DVD drive, Sata II Harddrive

These are the steps I have personally taken to obtain a stable and successful install on my system.

-Bios Settings-

1. Press delete to load Bios

2. Select Integrated Peripherals

-Sata Mode: AHCI

-Sata0 - 3 Native Mode: Enabled

-Install iPC 10.5.6-

1. Boot from disc, press f8, type 'busratio=20'

2. Upon loading of install disc, use disk utility to partition and format your harddrive as GUID

3. Customize the installation by selecting the following:

Kernels: Voodoo 9.5.0

Drivers> Chipset Drivers> Intel ICH10 Sata Support

4. Install and Reboot

5. At Darwin Bootloader, press f8, type 'busratio=20'

6. Follow the onscreen instructions to setup the keyboard, user account, and whatnot. ***Be sure to create a password***

Run SlimbuildGUI-1.0

I have a quick question for you overclocking guys. I tried overclocking my system just a little to 3.2ghz, but the temp shoots up to 80 on all of the cores as soon as I start doing anything even mildy taxing. I saw a lot of people saying I shouldn't let the temp get over 70, but I just saw digital dreamers pics, and his cores are at 89 or so after 5 hours of crunching. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for any info. ALEX