OS X on HP TouchSmart tx2?

175 posts in this topic

Okay, super noob here. I cannot get OSX to boot up, although iDeneb claims that the installation was completed sucessfully. Below are the steps I took described as accurately as possible.

1. I completely wiped the machine, and using the installation manager for Windows 7, created two partitions, one 30 gig partition for OSX and the rest devoted to Windows 7.

2. After the installation for 7 completed, I installed EasyBCD and set up the OSX partition as a Generic x86 PC. However, it did not allow me to select a specific drive letter for the partition, as the partition is not formatted for windows and does not have its own drive letter. (I believe this may be the problem)

3.I boot into iDeneb 1.3 and, using the Disk Utility, format the 30 gig partition to Mac OSX journaled

4. Customize the installation and select the Broadcom driver, the AMD patch, the AzaliaAudio, the StageXNU kernel and the basic ATI HD Radeon patch (3200 was not specified),

4. The iDeneb installation sucessfully completes (so it says) and asks for a reboot.

5. Computer reboots and allows me to theoretically select whether I want to boot Windows 7 or OSX. However, if I select OSX, the boot fails and gives me a message saying that the Master Boot File is corrupted or not working.

What am I doing wrong?

The way I understand it, you have to be on OSX in order to install Chamelion. Do I even need Chamelion if Im using EasyBCD?

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, super noob here. I cannot get OSX to boot up, although iDeneb claims that the installation was completed sucessfully. Below are the steps I took described as accurately as possible.

1. I completely wiped the machine, and using the installation manager for Windows 7, created two partitions, one 30 gig partition for OSX and the rest devoted to Windows 7.

2. After the installation for 7 completed, I installed EasyBCD and set up the OSX partition as a Generic x86 PC. However, it did not allow me to select a specific drive letter for the partition, as the partition is not formatted for windows and does not have its own drive letter. (I believe this may be the problem)

3.I boot into iDeneb 1.3 and, using the Disk Utility, format the 30 gig partition to Mac OSX journaled

4. Customize the installation and select the Broadcom driver, the AMD patch, the AzaliaAudio, the StageXNU kernel and the basic ATI HD Radeon patch (3200 was not specified),

4. The iDeneb installation sucessfully completes (so it says) and asks for a reboot.

5. Computer reboots and allows me to theoretically select whether I want to boot Windows 7 or OSX. However, if I select OSX, the boot fails and gives me a message saying that the Master Boot File is corrupted or not working.

What am I doing wrong?

The way I understand it, you have to be on OSX in order to install Chamelion. Do I even need Chamelion if Im using EasyBCD?

I had this same problem, the way I fixed it was by making sure the OSX partion was first on the hard drive. I used to be able to have it set as second with vista but something with 7 doesnt let OSX be second. Yes you need chamelion also, easyBCD never worked for me anyway.

Hey Y'all

Got a dualboot win7 and mac os x.

First of all, you install win 7.

after installation, create a new partition in windows in fat format.

use the administration tool in the systemconfig.

Then, assign your "system reserved" drive a letter, so you can see it in the explorer.

then, install osx, i used ideneb 1.6 lite, just follow the instructions from here.

now, no os will work, but no worries. We'll fix that!

boot from your win7 cd, press shift+F10 to get to the cmd. (the command line promt)

you have to activate the system reserved partition, to recreate the bootloader.

Using a command line1.

Open Command Prompt

Type:

diskpart

At the DISKPART prompt, type:

list partition

Make note of the number of the partition that you want to mark as active.

select partition n

Select the partition, n, you want to mark as active.

active

now type

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /rebuildbcd

reboot, windows will boot now again, thank god!

if you've done that, boot windows and download easybcd

add a new entry for mac and select generic x86 pc.

the go to the change tab and select your mac thingy under entry based setting.

assign the drive which you added to your system reserved partition.

cross fingers and reboot, et voilà,

Dualboot win 7 and mac osx!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, just wanted to say that I finally installed ideneb 1.6 on my tx2510us.

however, i could not boot from my dvd drive, i had to use a flash drive to install. it seems that the dvd drive is not recognized by ideneb or any other distro ( i tried many) for some reason. to figure out how to install it on my flash drive was not as easy as i'd hoped.

i had to first get a working install on my desktop, which was much easier. then i had to use disk utility to format my usb stick as "journaled extended." i then had to use the restore option to install my ideneb iso onto the usb stick (i used an 8gb btw). the iso had to be on the my working os x install btw, you have to copy over to the desktop.

once i restored the image, i had to install the chameleon bootloader onto the usb stick. i used to terminal to do it manually. this in itself was harder to find out how to do then it actually is to do.

by doing that i finally had a working usb installer for os x. i chose the options mentioned in this thread.

i ended up installing this over 5 times at least bc i couldnt get dual boot working correctly for the longest. i followed the above poster's method to dual boot but easy bcd did not give me a working os x boot. the file it creates in C:/NST/nst_mac.MBR needs to be replaced with a chain0 file, i googled it and downloaded it from the os x wiki. to replace, just rename chain0 to "nst_mac.mbr" and use it to replace the file easybcd created. that got my dual boot working for me.

anyway, this is what i have working in os x:

bluetooth

full resolution (no quartz support though)

shutdown/restart works most times, sometimes i get a kernel panic but i think that happens when i install new kexts or modify stuff

brightness control works but only by using the FN key and f7/f8

sound works but is choppy

wifi works fine (dont know about ethernet, havent tried it)

now for what is not working:

touch screen (dont know why, i used the kext from the last page to fix it but no go, doesnt work)

sleep

webcam (worked one time during the install but doesn't work in image capture, says there are no devices... however ichat tries to access it and turns the light on but then crashes ;)

so by any chance does anyone have any idea how to fix my webcam? that's the main thing i want fixed, followed by sleep. i tried using the sleep fix in ideneb but it doesnt work.

touch screen i dont mind too much since i never use it, but if someone has a fix for that i'd appreciate it as well

so i decided to try snow leo and there are ups and downs.

ups:

-two finger scrolling!! its not perfect but if i hold my two fingers a little apart it works somewhat well! scrolling down is much easier than scrolling up but this is more a novelty kinda thing for me.. very neat, can't wait to show it off ;p

-less heat seems to be produced than with leopard, snow still gets pretty hot but not as bad as leopard did after 30 mins or so

-photobooth now opens and turns on my webcam but it's only black. still, it wouldnt open at all in leopard so maybe theres a fix somewhere.

- snow leopards little UI tweaks (scrolling in stacks, expose' for single apps)

downs:

-seems a bit laggier than leopard when it comes to visual things such as the genie effect for minimizing/restoring. however leopard was also laggy so i dont mind it too much.

-sleep still does not work

-touch still does not work

• 1 month later...
so i decided to try snow leo and there are ups and downs.

ups:

-two finger scrolling!! its not perfect but if i hold my two fingers a little apart it works somewhat well! scrolling down is much easier than scrolling up but this is more a novelty kinda thing for me.. very neat, can't wait to show it off ;p

-less heat seems to be produced than with leopard, snow still gets pretty hot but not as bad as leopard did after 30 mins or so

-photobooth now opens and turns on my webcam but it's only black. still, it wouldnt open at all in leopard so maybe theres a fix somewhere.

- snow leopards little UI tweaks (scrolling in stacks, expose' for single apps)

downs:

-seems a bit laggier than leopard when it comes to visual things such as the genie effect for minimizing/restoring. however leopard was also laggy so i dont mind it too much.

-sleep still does not work

-touch still does not work

How did you install Snow Leopard, and what release did you use? Do you mind a little guide?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anybody having issues installing any osx86 (idened, iatkos, kalyway) with 8 gb memory ram?

already try most of the osx around, and the only working is idened 1.5.5.

ideneb 1.5.7, iatkos v7, and ideneb 1.5.8 stuck on the rainbow wheel, after the gray screen with the wheel and the apple logo.

i know is the memory because, before the upgrade, use to work well with any osx86.

if anybody know how to solve this issue, let me know.

thanks.

my specs:

tx2z machine

amd 2.4 ghz x 2 core

wifi a,b,g,N+bluetooth

500 gb hard drive

8 gb memory ram

ATI radeon 3200

How to install iDeneb v1.6 Lite in TX2

1. Download iDeneb v1.6 Lite and burn it in a DVD
  2. Create a Primary Partition for Mac installation. No need to format
  3. Reboot. Press F9. Select Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive and press Enter
  4. At the Darwin/x86 boot (Chameleon v1.0.12) loader, press Enter to continue booting from the DVD drive
  5. After booting, select preferred Language and click -->
  6. Click Continue. Click Agree
  7. Click Utilities -> Disk Utility...
  8. In the left pane, select the partition in which you intend to install Mac. Note: Windows labels are not shown here. Identify volumes by the capacity shown in the bottom
  9. Goto Erase tab. Select the Voulme Format as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Click Erase button
  10. Disk Utility will ask for confirmation. Click Erase again.
  11. Once done, close Disk Utility (For Windows users, hit the red button on the left top)
  12. Select the newly formated partition and click Continue.
  13. Click Customize. A window will pop up
  14. Select the following

1. iDeneb Main System
    2. iDeneb OSx86 Components 10.5.8 Ready
      1. Bootloader
        • Chameleon v2

[*]Kernel

• 9.8.0 Kernel Qoopz (or) 9.5.0 Kernel Voodoo

[*]iDeneb x86 Essential Patches

• AppleDecrypt
  • PS/2 Drivers
    • Apple PS/2 Old

[*]Drivers

1. Audio
    • AppleAzaliaAudio

[*]Network

• Wireless
    • Broadcom Wifi

[*]System Management

• VoodooBattery Manager

[*]Cleanup

[*]Click Done. Click Install. Installer will verify your disk and proceed with installation

[*]Once the installation is successful, click Restart

[*]After reboot, choose country, click Continue

[*]Select your keyboard, click Continue

[*]Click Continue again

[*]It may prompt you to enter the password to connect to your wireless network. You can enter the password and click Continue

[*]If you are prompted to enter Apple ID, just click Continue

[*]If you are prompted to enter Registration Information Click Continue. You will get a popup. Click Continue again

[*]Enter Name, Short Name, Password and Verify password. Click Continue

[*]You can take a snapshot or select a picture for your account. Click Continue

[*]If you are connected to internet either through LAN or WAN, you will get an option to try MobileMe Free. Select I don't want to... and click Continue

[*]Click Go. That's it... The installation is now complete..

How to install missing drivers

1. Download the drivers
  2. Double click the downloaded zip file. It'll unzip the folder
  3. Double click the extracted folder
  4. Double click TarugaACL268Installer5
  5. Input your password and click Ok. Once the installation is over, Click Quit
  6. Double click Kext Helper b7
  7. Drag and drop the files RadeonHD.kext and IOHIDFamily.kext into the Kext Helper application. Input your password and click Easy Install. Click Ok to confirm
  8. Once installation is over, a popup will appear, click Ok
  9. Close Kext Helper and reboot
  10. Driver installation is done!!!

How to do initial configuration

1. If your audio still seems not to be working,

[*]To change screen resolution,

1. Click Apple -> System Preferences
    2. Click Displays
    3. Select the preferred resolution
    4. Close it

Hi can someone help me please?I followed this guide to put ideneb 1.6 lite on my "hp touchsmart tx2 1020us" and know i can't boot to vista nor ideneb.The installation of ideneb said it was successful but now i'm stuck when i click restart.I can only get a black screen with a smiley face in the top left corner of my screen something like this: " :wacko: h|o" Thanks for any help.

Click Apple -> System Preferences
Click Sound
Go to Output tab and select Internal Speakers
Close it

• 2 weeks later...

is this topic still alive?

i have an HP TM2 1090eg, with wacom screen\digitizer, i tried the bogdan solution but does not work for me, maybe the kext must me fixed for my device? thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so close to getting everything running smoothly with iDeneb 1.6. I have just about everything working - sound, touch calibration, screen resolution. There are a few other things that I could do with getting working, but I'm okay without those for the moment.

My main problem is that I cannot get the dual booting set up correctly. I used the Chamelion 2.0 RC, and before putting Windows in the second partition, Chamelion would boot up just fine and I could select OSX from the boot select screen. However, now that Windows 7 is installed, the boot select screen no longer shows up. I haven't tried it yet, but I believe that I could still boot into OSX by running the iDeneb disk from startup and letting the installation timer time out.

How do I get Chamelion back up and running so that I can select which OS I want to boot up?

Thanks

I'm so close to getting everything running smoothly with iDeneb 1.6. I have just about everything working - sound, touch calibration, screen resolution. There are a few other things that I could do with getting working, but I'm okay without those for the moment.

My main problem is that I cannot get the dual booting set up correctly. I used the Chamelion 2.0 RC, and before putting Windows in the second partition, Chamelion would boot up just fine and I could select OSX from the boot select screen. However, now that Windows 7 is installed, the boot select screen no longer shows up. I haven't tried it yet, but I believe that I could still boot into OSX by running the iDeneb disk from startup and letting the installation timer time out.

How do I get Chamelion back up and running so that I can select which OS I want to boot up?

Thanks

Just have to set the Mac partition to Active using fdisk or the diskutil from terminal in the OSX86 setup disk.

How did you fix the calibration? Did you get the Touch pad to work on tap?

I have a Tm2 and I have some common problems like the ones mentioned in the above posts.

Just have to set the Mac partition to Active using fdisk or the diskutil from terminal in the OSX86 setup disk.

How did you fix the calibration? Did you get the Touch pad to work on tap?

I have a Tm2 and I have some common problems like the ones mentioned in the above posts.

I fixed the touch calibration with one of the posts here earlier, it's on... about page 8 or so, I don't remember exactly. Its in the long list of steps to install OSX using iDeneb and is under the "drivers" link. It's a Rapidshare file. Run those two kexts, and that got it working for me.

However, I don't see how you set partitions to being active using the disk utility. Could you explain exactly how to do this?

I fixed the touch calibration with one of the posts here earlier, it's on... about page 8 or so, I don't remember exactly. Its in the long list of steps to install OSX using iDeneb and is under the "drivers" link. It's a Rapidshare file. Run those two kexts, and that got it working for me.

However, I don't see how you set partitions to being active using the disk utility. Could you explain exactly how to do this?

If you have an Ubuntu CD/partition handy, you can boot into that and use the gparted utility to activate the "boot" flag on the partition you want.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Thanks for all the great guides. Was hoping for some help with my current project - installing ideneb 1.6 lite as a virtualbox machine on a tx2 running win 7 64 bit with 4gb of system ram.

I created a vbox machine with a 20gb HD, I turned efi off, and added the line to the virtualbox's .xml <ExtraDataItem name="VBoxInternal2/SupportExtHwProfile" value="on"/> as a number of the virtualbox osx guides recommend, and was able to install ideneb 1.6 according to the instructions below without a problem.

However, when I get to the part of using the KEXTs mentioned below (the Mac_OSx86_kexts_for_TX2.zip file), following the install instructions results in a system that won't boot (it doesn't throw a panic statement, it just freezes as the circular bar indicator goes from going around the circle to freezing in one spot.

I tried skipping the audio portion (taruga) and doing just the video section using kext helper b7, but that also results in the hanging system. I can't go beyond 1024x768x32 resolution at present. Any suggestions on how I can get the video settings working? (machine has a ati radeon hd 3200 built in video card).

I also can't get the system to show me the "shared folder" I had setup in virtual box, nor will it show me anything in the CD drive, (even though I gave it an IDE CD drive in the initial virtualbox setup, which had the ideneb image mounted). I cannot also not get the virtual box to recognize my usb external HD (not even for reading data), even though it shows up on the main win 7 system and the virtual box tab shows the drive as an available USB device (it either does nothing when I try to select the device or it responds the drive is busy). I tried installing the apple ntfs read/write extension from http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/syst...ies/ntfs3g.html, but still am unable to access the share, dvd or external usb drives.

Thanks,

-GH

George Hadley

4. At the Darwin/x86 boot (Chameleon v1.0.12) loader, press Enter to continue booting from the DVD drive
  8. In the left pane, select the partition in which you intend to install Mac. Note: Windows labels are not shown here. Identify volumes by the capacity shown in the bottom
  9. Goto Erase tab. Select the Voulme Format as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Click Erase button
  11. Once done, close Disk Utility (For Windows users, hit the red button on the left top)
  14. Select the following

1. iDeneb Main System
      1. Bootloader
        • Chameleon v2

[*]Kernel

• AppleDecrypt
  • PS/2 Drivers
    • Apple PS/2 Old

[*]Drivers

1. Audio
    • AppleAzaliaAudio

[*]Network

• Wireless
    • Broadcom Wifi

[*]System Management

• VoodooBattery Manager

[*]Cleanup

[*]Click Done. Click Install. Installer will verify your disk and proceed with installation

[*]Click Continue again

[*]It may prompt you to enter the password to connect to your wireless network. You can enter the password and click Continue

[*]If you are prompted to enter Registration Information Click Continue. You will get a popup. Click Continue again

[*]If you are connected to internet either through LAN or WAN, you will get an option to try MobileMe Free. Select I don't want to... and click Continue

1. Download the drivers
  7. Drag and drop the files RadeonHD.kext and IOHIDFamily.kext into the Kext Helper application. Input your password and click Easy Install. Click Ok to confirm

2. Click Displays
    4. Close it

Click Sound
Close it

• 1 month later...

Snow Leopard 10.6 working on HP Touchsmart TX2-1025DX. :)

Mac OS X Update Combined 10.6.4 doesn´t work, yet. ;)

Packages selected:

| | +-o System

| | |-Base Package

| | |-X11User

| | |-Tools

| | |

| | +-o Chameleon Loader

| | |-Chameleon RC4 PC-EFI 10.5 (asereBLN)

| | |

| | +-o AMD Patch (BETA)

| | |

| | |

| | +-o System Patches

| | |-DSDT Patcher-GUI

| | |-FakeSMC

| | |-NullCPUPM

| | |-PlatformUUID

| | |-ApplePS2

| | |

| | +-o Notebook Patches

| | |-AcpiBatterymanager

| | |

| | +-o Kernel

| | |-10.6.2 Kernel - Pcj XNU Release V0.9

| | |==============

Download Snow Leopard 10.6:

http://www.google.com.br/url?sa=t&sour...AOnn3KLKZiZkBLQ

• 5 weeks later...

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has got 10.6.2 to have a good touch calibration on tx2. I have tried the IOHIDFamily.kext on the earlier page and it has made my ink icon disappear and now my laser mouse doesn't work either... Not sure what else doesn't work but when I do try another keyboard thats out of the question... Could someone maybe point me in the right direction for an updated IOHIDFamily.kext or give me some idea how to get those working again.

Best Regards,

Chris

• 4 months later...

11:01am:

Hi guys, I am about to install iDeneb v1.4 on my HP TouchSmart tx2z

my computer's specs are the following, I kind of don't know what configuration I should choose, I will try using the configuration used for iDeneb v1.3 and see how it goes, I will keep you guys updated on this.

HP TouchSmart tx2z-1000

AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-82 (2.4GHz)

6GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

If you guys know the best configuration for this model, please let me know :( thanks!

11:25am:

I now got the iDeneb v1.4 installed and it started ok, everything seems to work except Ethernet, WiFi, and Graphics. I will try to get some kexts and see how I could get it to work.

• 2 weeks later...

I got 10.6 installed and was just wondering if anyone got Sound working. It does show up that I have the right drivers installed , but nothing comes out. Any input is highly appreciated.

I got 10.6 installed and was just wondering if anyone got Sound working. It does show up that I have the right drivers installed , but nothing comes out. Any input is highly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
Snow Leopard 10.6 working on HP Touchsmart TX2-1025DX. :P

Mac OS X Update Combined 10.6.4 doesn´t work, yet. :P

Packages selected:

| | +-o System

| | |-Base Package

| | |-X11User

| | |-Tools

| | |

| | +-o Chameleon Loader

| | |-Chameleon RC4 PC-EFI 10.5 (asereBLN)

| | |

| | +-o AMD Patch (BETA)

| | |

| | |

| | +-o System Patches

| | |-DSDT Patcher-GUI

| | |-FakeSMC

| | |-NullCPUPM

| | |-PlatformUUID

| | |-ApplePS2

| | |

| | +-o Notebook Patches

| | |-AcpiBatterymanager

| | |

| | +-o Kernel

| | |-10.6.2 Kernel - Pcj XNU Release V0.9

| | |==============

Download Snow Leopard 10.6:

http://www.google.com.br/url?sa=t&sour...AOnn3KLKZiZkBLQ

What Works and what doesn't work with this build?

Can someone tell me?

thanks

• 2 months later...

14. Select the following

1. iDeneb Main System
      1. Bootloader
        • Chameleon v2

[*]Kernel

• AppleDecrypt
  • PS/2 Drivers
    • Apple PS/2 Old

[*]Drivers

1. Audio
    • AppleAzaliaAudio

[*]Network

• Wireless
    • Broadcom Wifi

[*]System Management

• VoodooBattery Manager

[*]Cleanup

[*]Click Continue again

1. Download the drivers

2. Click Displays
    4. Close it

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide.

Just installed on a TX2 1277nr.

Install went fine, had to use the older version of Chameleon though. (v2 made it hang on boot with a spade and happyface looking character in the upper left corner)

After installing the TX2 drivers, my left mouse button stopped working(on both the trackpad and external mouse) but the pen still worked, so I used the pen to set the right mouse button as primary. Now my pen only right-clicks, but the mouse works, if a bit awkwardly. =/

Good enough for now, but is there a fix for this?

Click Sound
Close it

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

here i am reviving an old topic, but...

thank you, folks, for the answers i have already received from this thread. i have an HP tx2-1274nr that is currently running exclusively running ideneb 1.6 mac osx 10.5.8 with little to no problem (which is more than i can say for it running windows...) 

my issue right now is with video, with the radeonhd10.5.x.kext resolutions are at 1280-800, but the mouse pointer has become a distorted mess, i've since tried the standard issue radeonhd.10.5 kext with the samew issue, at all resolutions. mind you, the system is for the most part usable, but the cursor issue is for the most part annoying. i'm also not able to use photo booth, but it's not normally an app id use anyway. anyway, if anyone has some idea of something i could try to get rid of this cursor issue i would apreciate it. thank you in advance.