PowerManagement (with ACPI Support) Software Release

keithpk

437 posts in this topic

i cant install from JaS SS3 Intel Only cuz i get kernel panic after that!!!! so i have to update it from 10.4.7!!! can u be more specific, post the full method of ur installation here!!! it would really help me, i have vista installed on the first partition and the mac on third all r primary!!!!

I have Vista on the first partition, linux /boot as a second partition and MacOSX as a third. The Linux partition is active (I'm using GRUB to boot all OS).

On installation you should add kernel parameter cpus=1 to avoid kernel panic.

Select HFS+ (NOT journaled) as filesystem for 10.4.8 (It's needed to get write access to your macosx partition from the linux).

Install MacOS standard way and then boot into linux and replace mach_kernel with the Semthex 8.8.1 beta 8. In additional you should edit your Boot.plist and add cpus=1 to kernel parameters.

Then boot into MacOSX and repair permissions using DiskUtil.

Don't boot from DVD after installation! It's strange but if you do this you will need DVD every time you want to boot into MAcOSX.

I downloaded the patch and extracted it to the desktop, but when I drag and drop it into the "System Configuration" folder and authenticate the change, OS X tells me that I don't have sufficient privileges to modify the file.

The thing that really puzzles me about it is that my username and password were certified as correct during authentication, and my account has administrative privileges.

Any ideas?

I downloaded the patch and extracted it to the desktop, but when I drag and drop it into the "System Configuration" folder and authenticate the change, OS X tells me that I don't have sufficient privileges to modify the file.

The thing that really puzzles me about it is that my username and password were certified as correct during authentication, and my account has administrative privileges.

Any ideas?

Open Terminal.

Then

su - root

cp -r /Users/YOUR_NAME/Desktop/PowerManagement.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/

rm -f /System/Library/Extensions/Extensions.mkext

rm -f /System/Library/Extensions/Extensions.kextcache

reboot

hi!!! this PowerManagement works on semthex beta8 kernel??? i have 10.4.8 + beta8 semthex kernel... i did but nothing happen to me... :)

It depends on your laptop. It works on some of them, but doesn't on others.

Edited by geo2002

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks..

It's working perfectly for my laptop.

:2cents:

======================

Laptop: Acer Travelmate 2420

Intel Centrino 1.73

Intel GMA900 - QE/CI Support, No Resolution Change, all is automated -perfectly-

Realtek AC97 - Working

Power Management - Works

DVD/CDRW Phillips _working.

Before install, used VGA Dongle (use staples wire to connected pin 1 to 6 and 2 t0 12, very simply, just used your staples)

Windows XP Pro + Mac 10.4.7 with Kernel 8.4.1 (not update to 10.4.8, after update its really slow and hang.....)

Uff...when I place the new powermanagement file on the extensions folder everything it's working fine with my Vaio N11s (i can see the battery icon and the power status), but unfortunately I have get conflict problems with DVD's video output, it's all black, no pictures, only the audio works fine! If i put the old file again everything goes back to normality...maybe i forgot something to do? :unsure: