PowerManagement (with ACPI Support) Software Release

keithpk

437 posts in this topic

no go on my dell inspiron e175 w/10.4.8 JAS... getting the often mentioned "don't have sufficient priviledges" error... that's AFTER authenticating/entering password... tried getting info and changes permission from system to HD name and read/write but no go there either... not familar enuff with terminal commands to try from there without guidance...

appreciate the effort though in getting the bundle out to us!

no go on my dell inspiron e175 w/10.4.8 JAS... getting the often mentioned "don't have sufficient priviledges" error... that's AFTER authenticating/entering password... tried getting info and changes permission from system to HD name and read/write but no go there either... not familar enuff with terminal commands to try from there without guidance...

appreciate the effort though in getting the bundle out to us!

I had the same problem (being a newb) for days and finally figured out the solution! Go to utilities - open the netinfo manager - click security - enable root user - put your password in - go to system preferences - go to accounts - go to login options - enter password - disable the automatically login as - Now logout - Login as the root - go to your system configuration folder - drag and drop the powermanagement.bundle onto your desktop, now go to where you have downloaded the powermanagement.bundle you want to install - drag and drop it into the system configuration folder - voila - GETERDONE. You can do that repair permission stuff if you choose, I found it dont make no difference, however.

Anyway - Late (you owe me one) (where's the little smilie holding a beer?) (just seems wrong not to have one>)

Hi!

Dell Latitude D510

OSX 86 by JaS

1 Gb RAM DDR2 (2 DIM)

Celeron M 1.5 Ghz

HDD 60 Gb

Display with Dongle

I have an issue with DVD Player once installing the battery metter, no video only sound.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thx

The powermanagement bundle works great!!! but when i plug in power with my batt removed, it always tell me that i'm running on batt....

the correct setting is shown only when i plug back in the battery and remove it again....

any correction to that issue??

works PERFECTLY on nc6120 although you'll only get a little over 2hrs with full charge on 1 battery :/

-wakes up from sleep but doesn't really go to sleep till I close lcd or hit the button

-display turns off and on just fine

-no problems when removing or connecting A/C power

Thanks again for this bundle keithpk

I used this and the battery meter works now.... right when I boot. So it'll tell me what my charge is at that moment in time, but as I charge it or unplug and the battery discharges, nothing changes. So, it's essentially useless. Anyone know how to fix it? I have a Dell D600.

(sorry if this was addressed in one of the other 8 pages, but I don't really have the time to shuffle through 9 pages of info that doesn't even pertain to me to find the one that post that does)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love you in a completely heterosexual way, keithpk.

Flawless with HP DV1440US under JaS 10.4.7 update...

I'm scared to update to 10.4.8 because I have heard so much about it ruining things.

I'll probably go for it anyway...

Question -- can I edit the settings so that the icon updates itself faster? It's updating every 10 seconds right now, and I'd like to set it at 2 seconds if possible... otherwise it just takes a bit too long to update my status from external power to battery and so on...

I looked around in the package at the plist files and all others in the bundle, but had no luck finding anything of significance (I think...)

Do you know of anything?

Thanks!

dude it doesnt work on Acer Aspire 5672!! does urs calculate and everything mine doesnt??!!

It works perfectly on my Acer 5672WLMi with MacOSX 10.4.8 Semthex kernel (beta 8). It shows battery state (graphically, percentage or time) and charging.

Edited by geo2002

It works perfectly on my Acer 5672WLMi with MacOSX 10.4.8 Semthex kernel (beta 8). It shows battery state (graphically, percentage or time) and charging.

doesnt work on mine!! weird!! anywayz how did u install mac i upgraded mine from 10.4.7 and then installed the new kernel and then had to delete IOACPIFAMILY.kext beacause i was gettin kernel panic!!!

doesnt work on mine!! weird!! anywayz how did u install mac i upgraded mine from 10.4.7 and then installed the new kernel and then had to delete IOACPIFAMILY.kext beacause i was gettin kernel panic!!!

I've made fresh installation from the Jas 10.4.8 Intel only DVD. Then I've applied kext from the first message of this topic, repaired permissions and now it works.

And I have fully working audio (not AzaliaAudio.kext). So install 10.4.8.

Edited by geo2002

I've made fresh installation from the Jas 10.4.8 Intel only DVD. Then I've applied kext from the first message of this topic, repaired permissions and now it works.

And I have fully working audio (not AzaliaAudio.kext). So install 10.4.8.

i cant install from JaS SS3 Intel Only cuz i get kernel panic after that!!!! so i have to update it from 10.4.7!!! can u be more specific, post the full method of ur installation here!!! it would really help me, i have vista installed on the first partition and the mac on third all r primary!!!!

i cant install from JaS SS3 Intel Only cuz i get kernel panic after that!!!! so i have to update it from 10.4.7!!! can u be more specific, post the full method of ur installation here!!! it would really help me, i have vista installed on the first partition and the mac on third all r primary!!!!

I have Vista on the first partition, linux /boot as a second partition and MacOSX as a third. The Linux partition is active (I'm using GRUB to boot all OS).

On installation you should add kernel parameter cpus=1 to avoid kernel panic.

Select HFS+ (NOT journaled) as filesystem for 10.4.8 (It's needed to get write access to your macosx partition from the linux).

Install MacOS standard way and then boot into linux and replace mach_kernel with the Semthex 8.8.1 beta 8. In additional you should edit your Boot.plist and add cpus=1 to kernel parameters.

Then boot into MacOSX and repair permissions using DiskUtil.

Don't boot from DVD after installation! It's strange but if you do this you will need DVD every time you want to boot into MAcOSX.