PowerManagement (with ACPI Support) Software Release

keithpk

437 posts in this topic

After updating to 10.4.7 (JaS) I lost the battery icon. I copied again the bundle, I got back the icon, but it won't show battery level anymore. It would detect when battery/AC but that is about all it does. "Calculating..." takes forever. Battery Juice or other widgets also don't work...

• 2 weeks later...

Any way to hack hibernate into working? This is the one feature that I am sorely, and the only reason I don't use OSX all the time. Anyone making any headway there? This power management bundle works great with my poorly-built Dell D505. It faithfully shows batt percentage and time remaining, but not being able to use sleep (or more importantly hibernate) is really holding back my system.

This works great on my Acer TM2414WLMI with OS X 10.4.7 from the latest JaS 10.4.7 Disk. Thanks :)

The weird thing is that, sleep sort of works now. When I close the screen down it goes to sleep and wakes up perfectly but the next time I do it the display stays black but the hard drive appears to be doing something?

Getting the 'you do not have sufficient privileges' message when trying to move the bundle.

Does the dialog box give you an Authenticate button? If so, click it and give your password. Be sure to repair permissions afterward. Otherwise, you will have to use the Terminal with sudo.

• 2 weeks later...

works good on my asus z8100 laptop... very nice..

but this isnt for ... standby support right.... ?!?!

mine asus wont turn into standby mode.... ahhh not nice....

but thx for the power managment tool.....

nice nice

cu

quad

Guest bikedude880

On my desktop, I have configured the BIOS to use the power button as sleep and it works perfectly. Give it a try if everything else has failed.