• Please log in to reply
436 replies to this topic

ed_co

ed_co

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

I don't have a concrete answer for you, but I have both installed and both seem to be working as they are supposed to and not interfering with one another. :whistle:

Thank you for your reply.

I have 3 questions:

1)The ACPICPUThrottle v1.01 works well I think, but when I work without power supply (only with batteries) the laptop work slow, and sound works bad. And when I plug power supply again, I work slow until restart (with power supply, of course).

2)I use the autostart version, Can I use the GUI to config the application? Where is the GUI? I have the three files.

I need the two features: CPU change speed and precise battery metter, and for this I installed both.

Thank you.

Greetings.

james2mart

james2mart

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 344 posts
does this kext work with 10.4.7? It stopped loading after I did JaS's update.

Bicet

Bicet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
It works for me on 10.4.7, but i've a clean system, just try to reinstall it ;)

lazlo

lazlo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Not working on my Fujitsu S6230. Sits there saying "Calculating..." and won't update charge % no matter what I do.

by ant

by ant

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
thanks

workin on my Dell 9300

i.wanna.corndog

i.wanna.corndog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
@james2mart

The update by default replaces the PowerManagement.bundle with the standard one. What I have gotten used to doing is copying the patched bundle to my desktop before updating then recopying it over after an update. The patched bundle works fine with 10.4.7.

james2mart

james2mart

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 344 posts
Yea i guess. I thought it disabled it or something because I put it back in and it worked. I didn't think it had actually replaced it because all of the file modification dates were the same as the edited version.

AlCapone

AlCapone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
First of all, thanks for you're efforts. It's seems that you've already helped to a lot of people.
My english wasn't so good but i'll try to explain what happened to my laptop.
I have the laptop described on my signature with OSX 10.4.7. I have tried to get ACPI because of the noise of the fans and i have downloaded from this forum and installed three things:
- ACPICPUThrottle_v1.02_autostart.tar
- PowerManagement.tar
- BatteryTimeRemaining.c

Now, i have the battery icon at the top of my bar, but i still heard the sound of the fans all the time and my battery will die in less than an hour. I wonder if you please could help me to solve this and make my Apple's transition even more delicious.

I send here one of the outputs that i've seen on the posts (for my machine, of course):

panchito:~ alcapone$ sysctl -a | grep
hw.cpukern.exec: unknown type returned
hw.cpufrequency = 1067000000
hw.cputype: 7
hw.cpusubtype: 4
hw.cpufrequency: 1067000000
hw.cpufrequency_min: 1067000000
hw.cpufrequency_max: 1600000000
panchito:~ alcapone$

Turbo50t

Turbo50t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Well everything worked for me just fine. I loved having the icon availible again making it easy to change my settings at will. Is the DVD problem ever going to be addressed? If not then I won't be able to use it, I have to have my DVD capability. Has anyone found a fix?

I would post my log files, but they look just like the others people have posted with this problem, no need to repost them.

Thanks for you hard work, you did a fantastic job with this project.

HP Pavilion zd8230us

The White Rabbit

The White Rabbit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Please excuse me if my question has already been answered but I was wondering wether this bundle - being ACPI related - could help me to turn off properly my Hackintosh which is build on an Asrock 775Dual-915GL mobo.
It seems ACPI isn't handled as it should be in this case, because plugged USB devices prevent OS X to fully shutdown.
Thx for advices.

supraTT

supraTT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Thank keithpk for the super job.
It work great for my system.
How accurate the calcution of the time remaining?

oliveirapaulo

oliveirapaulo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hello!

This solved my problem with AC/DC power detection on my Acer TravelMate 4202WLMi. :smoke:

Thanks a lot...

Paulo Oliveira

sgerber1979

sgerber1979

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
thanks this works great in a dell latitude 110L with 10.4.7 update

pindakaas

pindakaas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
wow!!! thanks alot dude! works wonderful on my ASUS z63a notebook

GmanBen

GmanBen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Working on Gateway M280 tablet pc, running JaS OSx86 10.4.7. Thanks a lot for this great release. This time it does provide up-to-date information on my power status.

The only problem I am having is that the insomnia method stopped to work. I am not sure if it happened after I installed this bundle or the 10.4.7 update, but if anyone here knows how to get this working again, please let me know. I am using the insomnia.zip method on the /Library/StartupItems and it did work for me before. Now it does not, so any advice is welcome.

Habib1

Habib1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi,

since Ive updated to 10.4.7 my Powermanagement didnt work too. With 10.4.6 it was working...

x50:~ habib$ sysctl -a | grep hw.cpu
kern.exec: unknown type returned
hw.cpufrequency = 2130000000
hw.cputype: 7
hw.cpusubtype: 4
hw.cpufrequency: 2130000000
hw.cpufrequency_min: 2130000000
hw.cpufrequency_max: 2130000000

Habib

KinCaiD EGOtrip

KinCaiD EGOtrip

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Works Great!

Thanx!

Onlything missing now is Wireless- HEADS UP!

Guest: goodtime_*

Guest: goodtime_*
  • Guests
:D :) :D

I have a Compaq X1000 laptop running MacOS 10.4.7 (Upgraded from JaS 10.4.6).

It is a thrill having a Batter Meter back again! The only think I cannot do on this laptop is close the lid while is it running (locks up). This Symptom showed up after 10.4.6 (10.4.3 seemed okay as I vaguely rememember).

Anyways, Great job on this bundle! Battery Meter rocks.

GT

Attached Files

nico342

nico342

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Hi,

Is it working with MAC OS X 10.4.3? And how can install this new Powermanagement on my Acer Travelmate 4002WLMi?

Thanks

GmanBen

GmanBen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Hi,

Is it working with MAC OS X 10.4.3? And how can install this new Powermanagement on my Acer Travelmate 4002WLMi?

Thanks

I am not sure if it works for that version of Mac, but for the install part check this page here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy