i need help

thanks

Java Duke

Java Duke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Same problem here. No changes are accepted, plus trying to put computer to sleep (via Sleep menu option or by closing the lid) freezes it completely.
Kalyway 10.5.1, vanilla, EFI, HP Compaq nw94440.

spacer

spacer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I've got a kalyway 10.5.1 with EFI and vanilla kernel. Everything works except the battery indicator.
I tried the powermanagementbundle but there's no effects.

Then, I tried to use the AppleACPIPlatform.kext of Iaktos + the bundle and the only effect is that the sleep function just shut the screen.
So, I returned to original ACPI and the sleep function re-works.

If someone have an idea ?

Ps: I'm french sorry for my poor english :(

kernelzilla

kernelzilla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Success! HP DV2610US Pavilion Laptop (Amd Turion TL-58 w/nVidia MCP67) running Leopard 10.5.1 (ToH)

Thank you!

nhipsongvn

nhipsongvn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
my os is leopard 10.5.1 hack by kalyway, i dont know why powermanagementbundle dont working. i moved it into System/Library/SystemCongiguration and chmod 755, but i dont see it work. I tried with leopard 10.5 hack by Toh my system working. So i want it work on my os, what can i do? Thanks for all help.

jaro12345

jaro12345

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hey, everyone !

For those using Leopard and looking for battery indicator ... check here:
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=80425
.. for Leopard PowerMangement bundle...

J

Chaos_2k

Chaos_2k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio SZ4 XWN/C currently runing Iatkos v.1.0i in a triple boot setup with Vista Business (work) and Gentoo Linux.

Installation was no harder then a gentoo installation from stage 1 with hash style linking ^^

Im currently trying to find out why the PowerManagment fix posted in this forum as a sticky isnt working for me.

Setup:
iAtkos v.1.0i with:
Stock Kernel,
Efi-Emulation,
Stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Then i went through the guide (Step by step, several times), but i get error on boot:

Kernel Panic
"Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SouceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.0.2/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1378

This looks loke a cpp runtime error to me, dont know about the internals however.

I had to use macdrice to revert back to stock acpiplatform.kext.

Whats wrong?

crazygx

crazygx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well !! for me also it was not easy to get battery icon :) using Kalway10.5.1 . I used iAtkos AppleACPIPlatform.kext and new Powermanagment.bundle. I know most of u guys must be facing kernel panic but if u use -f on boot prompt then hopefully , it will work. Atleast its working for me. I using ViaoFE45G and battery type is PNP0C0A.

Im attaching the files Im using.

Enjoy..

Attached Files

fallenlordz

fallenlordz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Nice works with my IBM X31 :P

Mikeisgjbmx

Mikeisgjbmx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks SOOOO MUCH!!!!
I have been trying to find a
fix for that for ever. ;)

Romano2K

Romano2K

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I own an IBM ThinkPad R51. I installed Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 yesterday and I'm now trying to fix a few issues (see that dedicated topic).

I'm trying to fix the Power Management and therefore followed this topic. I updated my PowerManagement.bundle, on reboot it worked (I had the battery metter working) but I tried to suspend it and it crashed. On next boot it was sooo slow it became unusable. I'm now booting on the Installation DVD in order to recover the original PowerManagement.bundle.

Any help about one or several of my other issues are welcome on the related topic though! ;)

Update 1:

I launched the Terminal from the Installation DVD and figured out that my PowerManagement.bundle wasn't owned by root:wheel, so I did: chown -R root:wheel PowerManagement.bundle/. There was also a @ at the end of the chmod that I didn't understand but after reboot, the battery display works again.

I can close the screen and re-open it, the computer still works. But it doesn't turn off itself as I requested in the Power Saving settings.
Suspend mode still crashes the computer.

iwantsound44

iwantsound44

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
i installed iatkos with both things underneath it.....so after i installed i got no battery indicater... i installed the power management bundle kext but still no battery indicator what can i do to get this to work

iwantsound44

iwantsound44

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
...please?

optimal

optimal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

i installed iatkos with both things underneath it.....so after i installed i got no battery indicater... i installed the power management bundle kext but still no battery indicator what can i do to get this to work

Hey, did u try following this guide http://forum.insanel...showtopic=80425 post #1 if the method u tried didnt work?

chrvez

chrvez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Works for battery meter on my Acer 930X (AMD turion). CPU works on full speed all the time tho and battery last only 40 min lol.
i am using 10.4.10 tubgirl release.
Thanks for your work.

.AnDrEw

.AnDrEw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Unless there is something else I need to do other than getting this PowerManagement bundle into the SystemConfiguration directory and rebooting, I haven't been able to get this to work. I see no battery icon and my laptop behaves in whatever mode it booted in i.e. if the AC power was plugged in on boot it will operate at full speed and if it is not plugged in it will operate at much lower speed. I have a Dell 710M running an Intel Pentium-M 755. Any ideas why this is not working?

Thanks,
codeattack

Same problem. I cannot figure out what to do.

Some one, any1 give me some help?

also i'm getting a permission conflict when replacing.

orteginho

orteginho

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Can you help me I have iatkos v1.0i and it doesn't show my battery my computer is an HP Pavilion dv6000
I tried to do what you say but I can't because it says that i don't have privileges to do that and Im the only user
and admistrador so what can I do...............

thanks in advance.........

Attached Files

j o e l

j o e l

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Can you help me I have iatkos v1.0i and it doesn't show my battery my computer is an HP Pavilion dv6000
I tried to do what you say but I can't because it says that i don't have privileges to do that and Im the only user
and admistrador so what can I do...............

thanks in advance.........

remove the original bundle first then copy the patched bundle into the folder

tivimac

tivimac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Im looking OLDER versions of this fix ... (without power-saving measures) for testing, can someone put me in the right track....thanks.

Hey Everyone,

So here is the final version of my PowerManagement.bundle with debug messages removed. For people who are interested in the discussion that occured during the development of this driver, please refer to: http://forum.osx86pr...h...237&hl=2200

tivimac

tivimac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
BUMP....anybody???

Im looking OLDER versions of this fix ... (without power-saving measures) for testing, can someone put me in the right track....thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy