So last weekend i built a HackPro :thumbsup_anim:

gigabyte ep45-ds3l

Q9550

BFG GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512

4 GB ram

1.5 TB sata 2 drive from seagate

LG sata DVD drive

IPC 10.5.6

The board and video card were selected because they showed the most promising compatibility on the HCL

I have managed to get everything working working except for the Quartz Extreme.

My travels had me editing the com.apple.boot.plist and adding long hex strings and my last try was using the nvidia 9 series driver installer from aquamac. Honestly I cant remember everything i Have done over the past days but i tried eveything i could find :-)

It seems all the information I can find is months old from earlier releases.

Could some one who has got this working shed some light on what they did? I cant seem come up with any other ideas...

Of course there is a chance I did do something wrong lol

So if anyone could shed some light on a known good installation method I'd love to hear from you so i could give it a try :-)

• 2 weeks later...

So after some stability problems i downloaded the IPC ppf5 final and reinstalled, However I cannot for the life of me get the Video Card working again. So I am doing a fresh install and looking for some advice on how to tackle this.

What is the recomended way for doing this?

Has anyone had luck with the nvidia 9f23 installer?

Something from aqua mac?

OK so after a fresh install I got it working by taking a fresh look and retracing my steps! ( why does it always come to me after i post for help! lol )

1) generate your efi strings and add to com.apple.boot.plist ( i used uinstaller )

2) install the 9xxx series driver, post 4 thanks to filosofem

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry1055167

3) Run installer nvinstaller v.52 as per google

BADABING :-)

Quartz extreme supported :-) Happy Days

• 1 month later...
OK so after a fresh install I got it working by taking a fresh look and retracing my steps! ( why does it always come to me after i post for help! lol )

1) generate your efi strings and add to com.apple.boot.plist ( i used uinstaller )

2) install the 9xxx series driver, post 4 thanks to filosofem

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry1055167

3) Run installer nvinstaller v.52 as per google

BADABING :-)

Quartz extreme supported :-) Happy Days

Thank you! I just build a hackintosh, and everything but the Quartz Extreme was functioning. I was getting frustrated with no success until I read this. Thanks! Worked perfectly

I got mine working very easily with iPCOSx86 by selecting natit at installation which doesn't actually work, but once in OSX I used Universal Installer to add the EFI string. Works perfectly.

I'm not sure if you need to select a driver at all, but thats what I did at the time of installation.

hi! i have a 9800 gtx+ 512 mb with lawless ppc 10.5.4

I tried the injectors of osx86tools and the nvkext 0.2.1

It works as a display card but:

- quartz acceleration doesn't work;

- when i try any game osx says something like :"INSUFFICIENT VIDEO MEMORY. YOU NEED AT LEAST 4 MB OF VIDEO RAM"

Any clues?