[How To] GMA 900

suyaojun

30 posts in this topic

Bridge pin 6-12 with paper clip

I install 10.4.5 DVD Jas 4.2b patched, on my Benq S52-141 Laptop.

This baby has a GMA900 as well, and got the blue screen problem just like a lots of others.

Firstly I tried to bridge pin 1-2 & 2-12 with paper clips, but fail.

Then I started to try different combinations, from the most possible to the most impossible.

Finally I got crazy. And bridge pin 6-12 without any reason & logic.

God It worked. No blue screen any more.

I think this is just a special case. Hope It can give you an alternative on GMA900 If you have tried 1-2 2-12 method, but fail.

TO: mrhotwings

I have just discovered pin 6-12 combination. So I am sorry that I can't give any further suggestion on your problem.

but you can have a try on other combination:

pin 1-6 & 2-12 (work as fake VGA)

pin 1-6 & 2-7 & 3-8 (work as fake RGB)

Guest goodtime

OSX86, HowTo- GMA900 graphics working on 10.4.6 Intel Mac

How to get GMA900 working on 10.4.6 with QE and CI:

From previous working 10.4.5 kext copy this file AppleIntel915.kext to your Desktop:

Control-Click on AppleIntel915.kext -> Show Package Contents -> Contents -> open "Info.plist" (open using Text Edit or Property List Editor) Property List Editor comes with Xcode/Developer Tools.

Under IODVDBundlename change "AppleIntel915DVDDriver" to "AppleIntelGMA950VADriver"

Under IOGLBundleName change "AppleIntel915GLDriver" to "AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver"

Under IOCFPlugInTypes/ACCF0000-0000-0000-0000-000a2789904e change "AppleIntel915GA.plugin" to "AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin"

Move these Kext's from System/Library/Extensions to your trash [select them in Finder and Cmd-Delete] (Authenicate using your Admin Password):

AppleIntel915GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntel915GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMA950.kext

Now copy the modified "AppleIntel915.kext" back to your system from Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app using this command:

sudo cp -R ~/Desktop/AppleIntel915.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

Type Admin Password.

Reboot. If everything went well, you'll something like this under System Profiler:

Intel GMA 900:

Chipset Model: GMA 900

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2582

Revision ID: 0x0004

Displays:

Display:

DELL 2001FP:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Enjoy having your GMA 900 Video working. DVD will now Launch. Quartz Extreme and Core Image are now fully functional.

Sincerely,

Goodtime

Todd's Tech Podcast

Keyword: toddcast @ iTunes

http://art5dog.com/techcast

• 2 weeks later...

goodtime, you said that one has to copy the kext from a working 10.4.5 installation. Does this work with the kext files from a working 10.4.4 as well?

I had my Intel 900GMA working fine under 10.4.4 with QE & CI, but support was gone after installing (clean) OS X 10.4.6.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Guest goodtime

Best solution..

Download the GMA 900 Package. It can be found on the latest JaS DVD on Demoniod.

The installer package can be found here:

http://art5dog.com/techcast

Look under comments about GMA 900 under the HOW to GMA thread.

There you will find the installer GMA 900 package and Password to unlock the Disk Image.

I found that this installer works best with my i915GUX Motherboard. Therefore my KEXT Hack is not needed anymore, plus it works great with Quartz 2D Extreme! :)

Goodtime

Only the GMA 900 package that was extracted from the JaS DVD Can be found on my blog... The JaS 4.3 GB DVD can be found on Demoniod

Does that method works with 10.4.5?

As far as I know no, but you try the GMA 900 installer pkg buried in the comments section on my blog under how to GMA 900.

Guest goodtime

You shouldn't have to reinstall Windows or Linux.

What boot loader are you using? If your active or boot partion is Mac OS X, it will automatically detect the foreign OS'. If you are using chain0/boot.ini mods for windows and windows is the active partition, you'll be fine there too.

Just make sure you have the JaS 10.4.6 Patched DVD (It's 4.3 GB).

If you need it, I can snail mail it to you. e-mail: goodtime [at] art5dog [dot] com

I can also post my 10.4.5 extensions. I will have a disk image of my old 10.4.5 setup. Maybe one day my Mac OS X disk images of x86 versions will end up in a Muesum.

GT

I use GRUB. It is on my third partition. My first has the os x and the second is for the crappy windows (use access for college). So I will end up reinstalling grub rather than linux. Is that correct. Also is the batery meter working fine is 10.4.6?

Guest goodtime
I use GRUB. It is on my third partition. My first has the os x and the second is for the crappy windows (use access for college). So I will end up reinstalling grub rather than linux. Is that correct. Also is the batery meter working fine is 10.4.6?

Battery Meter? Are you on a Laptop? There is a GMA Thread for laptops and there are some issues with Dongles for GMA 900 on laptops.

Goodtime

TO: mrhotwings

I have just discovered pin 6-12 combination. So I am sorry that I can't give any further suggestion on your problem.

but you can have a try on other combination:

pin 1-6 & 2-12 (work as fake VGA)

pin 1-6 & 2-7 & 3-8 (work as fake RGB)

I tried "pin 1-6 & 2-12 (work as fake VGA)" and osx always hang when booting at screen with apple logo and starting osx bar. Same thing happen when i connect pin 6-12. "pin 1-6 & 2-7 & 3-8 (work as fake RGB)" this will result no screen at all. I am using 10.4.1

..really confused, when i use real external monitor osx boot just fine with full res+QE+CI.

Guys Please HELP MEEEE!!

btw>my laptop is ACER Aspire 3623NWXCi

Battery Meter? Are you on a Laptop? There is a GMA Thread for laptops and there are some issues with Dongles for GMA 900 on laptops.

Goodtime

DO you mean that this fix doesnt work on laptops with gma900. I have the dongle but it is so annoying. And yes do I get normal battery life rather than 1:30 (normally 2:30 hours)?

Guest goodtime
DO you mean that this fix doesnt work on laptops with gma900. I have the dongle but it is so annoying. And yes do I get normal battery life rather than 1:30 (normally 2:30 hours)?

Not sure as I do not have a GMA 900 Laptop to test. Try it and let me know if you still need a Dongle.

Goodtime

Guest goodtime

You just need to copy your Azalia Audio kext from your working 10.4.5 to your 10.4.6 system.

Always save your old extensions. Many network, usb, and audio extensions from 10.4.3-10.4.5 will work with 10.4.6

Goodtime

Guest goodtime

10.4.6 seems to be faster.

10.4.6 can burn joliet CDs (windows/mac) from Burn Folders.

Very stable, but 10.4.5 was stable as well.

I think many Hackintosh users take great pride keeping this "Macs" up to date with Apple's current system.

• 2 weeks later...
I tried "pin 1-6 & 2-12 (work as fake VGA)" and osx always hang when booting at screen with apple logo and starting osx bar. Same thing happen when i connect pin 6-12. "pin 1-6 & 2-7 & 3-8 (work as fake RGB)" this will result no screen at all. I am using 10.4.1

..really confused, when i use real external monitor osx boot just fine with full res+QE+CI.

Guys Please HELP MEEEE!!

btw>my laptop is ACER Aspire 3623NWXCi

Take a look at my post in the other thread here and see if it works for you...

• 1 month later...

Is this information only pertinent to desktop PC's, or will it help me out with my HP Pavilion DV1440US notebook PC with an Intel 910/915 chipset (128 MB shared v-RAM)?

Sorry I'm a noob to this, thanks a lot!