QT 7.6 DEFINITE MOUSE LAG FIX for ALL 8800 GT/GTS 512 & 8600-8500-9800 series

cyclonefr

294 posts in this topic

I added the AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext to the black list in this Disabler.kext thanks to Kabyl. So no need to delete the kext, just install this one and enjoy no mouse lag/stutter.

-Stell

Stell,

I noticed in your Disabler.kext has two items:

AppleUpstreamUserClientDisabler

IntelCPUPMDisabler

My iPC Disabler.kext has four items:

CFBundleIdentifier

EFIRuntimeDisabler

IntelCPUPMDisabler

SMCPlatformPluginDisabler

I'll just add AppleUpstreamUserClientDisabler to my current kext.

John

Guest ѕиоѡ
I added the AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext to the black list in this Disabler.kext thanks to Kabyl. So no need to delete the kext, just install this one and enjoy no mouse lag/stutter.

Disabler.kext.zip

-Stell

Thx a lot for the updated kext bro, I also had more items listed inside the disabler kext but used yours anyway since I only need the CPUPM and Lag fix.

Thx again!

Stell,

I noticed in your Disabler.kext has two items:

AppleUpstreamUserClientDisabler

IntelCPUPMDisabler

My iPC Disabler.kext has four items:

CFBundleIdentifier

EFIRuntimeDisabler

IntelCPUPMDisabler

SMCPlatformPluginDisabler

I'll just add AppleUpstreamUserClientDisabler to my current kext.

John

I had those in my disabler.kext as well. Kabyl told me there was no reason to disable those others, so I removed them from the list. Kabyl is the smartest guy in osx86 that I know, so...

my system already has a disabler.kext

how to i add the AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext to it?

thanks.

Jeez...

Ok before a whole nothing page of misinformation happens in true Insanelymac style, just replace your disabler.kext with the one I provided. It's perfect as is. There's no reason to have that huge list of kexts disabled in the disabler you guys are using. Kabyl's original disabler only had intelcpupm added to the list. Someone added the other kexts because they were trying to make a VMware Leopard image before VMware had native Leopard support and it requires those kexts to be blacklisted.

So just to be clear, replace with the one I provided.

That is all.

-Stell

Ok before a whole nothing page of misinformation happens in true Insanelymac style, just replace your disabler.kext with the one I provided. It's perfect as is. There's no reason to have that huge list of kexts disabled in the disabler you guys are using. Kabyl's original disabler only had intelcpupm added to the list. Someone added the other kexts because they were trying to make a VMware Leopard image before VMware had native Leopard support and it requires those kexts to be blacklisted...

Thanks Stell for the excellent info about the original disabler.kext.

I did the dirty deed... used Kext Helper b7 to install your kext.

Quicktime runs smooth with AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext installed but disabled.

I tested it under Vista 64bit using a flashed (3D.rom) Asus 8800GT connected to a DELL 2408WFP Flat Screen (DVI-D cable) and it failed the test.

post-273052-1234153308_thumb.jpg

I think that screen got hdcp, assuming the card had it too I think my original guess was right and the 8800 mac bios crossflashing disables hdcp in pc cards. Unless someone with mac bios manages to pass that test.

So it would be advisable to go back to original bios if you want hdcp support...

Been gone for a few weeks and glad a solution was found. I was wondering if anyone knew which BIOS i would need (2d or 2d3d) for my BFG 8800GTS 512M OC card and if someone could make a BIOS with the following settings which is my card's default speeds:

BFG 8800GTS G92 OC

default:

GPU: 675

MEM: 972

No big deal if not, waiting on a replacement drive to arrive so I can install Windows (my Win drive died).

ya, i know the disabler or just removing that kext will work. however it isn't future proof, Apple is going to be using this for their HDCP stuff which will eventually effect blue-ray playback and other DRM video things like maybe iTunes content.

That is why VGA ppl aren't getting this problem and only DVI people, because HDCP only works in DVI mode.

ya, i know the disabler or just removing that kext will work. however it isn't future proof, Apple is going to be using this for their HDCP stuff which will eventually effect blue-ray playback and other DRM video things like maybe iTunes content.

That is why VGA ppl aren't getting this problem and only DVI people, because HDCP only works in DVI mode.

The solution to Blu-ray playback is to get a newsgroup account and go on nzbsrus and get crackin' with downloading those matroska (mkv) files from the net. They will play on VLC. These mkv rips are blu-ray quality and you can get music too.

I agree, I just flashed my ROM, it only took a few minutes, and was very easy. I believe my machine is more compatible, now, and hopefully that will make it easier in the future.

As the owner of several real Mac's, I kinda like sticking as close to vanilla as possible, at least that is my own goal. I do understand others wanting to use a "work around" though.

We all have different opinions, that is what I like about this forum.

Hey sg, long time no see. The nvidia 7xxx series and g80 aren't calling on the HDCP features that people have been having like the g84/g92/g94 8xxx and 9xxx series cards afaik. I have some DRM itunes content. Is there a way I can test to see if it's not working? I haven't had any issues playing back the TV show I downloaded from itunes on my HDCP compatible monitor. Or am I missing something?

-Stell

Hey sg, long time no see. The nvidia 7xxx series and g80 aren't calling on the HDCP features that people have been having like the g84/g92/g94 8xxx and 9xxx series cards afaik. I have some DRM itunes content. Is there a way I can test to see if it's not working? I haven't had any issues playing back the TV show I downloaded from itunes on my HDCP compatible monitor. Or am I missing something?

-Stell

it wont affect anything right now. at most in the future it will likely only affect Blueray and possibly future HD content available through iTunes. This is a push from the movie studios and is the only way real HD content like Blueray can be viewed on computers.

Just wanted to say that anyone who flashed with FULL mac bios can try to remove all injectors, strings and even video info in DSDT. Most likely your card will work all by itself :)

FULL IS THE BIOS THAT WEIGHS 1024K!!!

Did you try this?

-Stell

I haven't flashed my BFG 8800GTS G92 yet simply because it is slightly OC'd (675mhz core vs 625) and also the voltage on my own bios is set to 1.15V, however the highest I can set the Mac 8800GT bios file is 1.1v.

The card will likely not remain really stable if i'm forced to run at 1.1V, so I'm hoping someone has a way to fix this.

In my opinion the root cause of the problem is not having an HDCP compliant card, this only happens on certain NVIDIAs and not others and no ATIs or Intels which many of those are HDCP compliant.

HDCP is not a matter or being turned on or off, its an optional copy protection that has to be supported by the graphics hardware but that its enabled only when playing some video that is flagged as "only playable on hdcp", the rest of the time the video output is not encoded at all.

Thats what Apple is trying to do with latest QuickTime versions but it seems to be doing it the wrong way for certain NVIDIA cards causing this mouse lag.

Removing that kext does not remove HDCP capabilities from the card, most likely what its doing is disabling QuickTime's ability to detect HDCP flags and enable HDCP on any graphics cards, on the software level (I would say its not even at the device driver level, because they are using a separate kext instead of using NVIDIA drivers kext.

On the other hand flashing 8800 cards with an old Mac BIOS is disabling HDCP support on the hardware level. This will only fix the mouse lag problem as of today, but it will not make our pc cards be more vanilla because all newer macs have hdcp-enabled cards and even though apple's implementation is so weak as of today, nothing stops them from rewriting the hdcp-checking-and-enabiling routine in a way that really prevents non-hdcp compliant cards to work (for example, and I hope they dont read this, by putting it inside NVDANV50HAL.kext instead of the other kext).

Anyway, as of today its not a big problem, only playing full hd res blu-ray video requires hdcp, and reportedly some itunes hd content, but that seems to be taken overcome with removing the kext too (I posted a request on the other thread to check if this is indeed unafected but nobody did it yet...). Of course most likely there will always be ways to overcome that too but I would prefer my card to be hdcp compliant in the first place...

On the other hand flashing 8800 cards with an old Mac BIOS is disabling HDCP support on the hardware level.

The BIOS I used is from a current MacPro. Thanks for your input, we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Who knows, by then we may all have vanilla OSX installs if Apple loses the court case.

It seems this topic is headed in a different direction and should be closed.

The original problem was solved. :)

Never had the mouse skip problem ....

But I Tried flashing to MacPro bios to see if it helps my problem with QuickTime 7.6 stuttering during video captures.

• Playback is now smoother but capture still drops frames

• Dashboard is also smoother

• Win XP boots fine, detects 8800GT and adjusts my driver / display to suit.

• DxDiag reports 8800 GT w 384 MB memory, and new device & vendor ID.

Funny enough capture displays smoothly for iMovie 09.

Used efi studio to boot NVidia 8800 GT 512 k and also tried it for 8800 GS card - same results.

cheers ...

(p.s., my card was an ASUS 8800 GS w 384MB of memory )

Okay guys I have an 8600 GTS and my mouse was also moving weirdly. After reading here , I want to post my solution

Open terminal

and type:

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

the system will answer: kextunload: unload kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext succeeded

after that your kext is unloaded and the mouse moves smooth again, now is just a matter of making the solution permanently. Just move the KEXT out of the way and you are good after a reboot too.

mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext /var/root

exit

that's all.