QT 7.6 DEFINITE MOUSE LAG FIX for ALL 8800 GT/GTS 512 & 8600-8500-9800 series

cyclonefr

294 posts in this topic

Guest Snowski
Just to keep this thread up to date...

Testing with SL 10A432 (running in 32-bit) the QT mouse lag is still present but only very slight, no way near as obvious as with 10.5.X. But this Disabler loads fine from /Extra/Extensions and seems to be doing it's job.

I will keep this thread informed of anything else I notice.

EDIT: SL 10A432 (running in 64-bit) this Disabler won't load from /Extra/Extensions

Kext net.osrom.kext.Disabler - library kext com.apple.kernel.iokit not found.

blah blah....

With a side-affect of the system boots fully (i know this because I hear gmail notifier alert me I have an email), but the video stays at the blue screen and doesn't show me the mouse or desktop.

But I have to question is the QT lag present in 64-bit? Playing itunes (which is still 32-bit) I have no noticeable mouse lag...

The lag is present yes, but less then in Leopard. More like a stutter now and then. If we could get the disabler working for 64bit that would fix it.

I found a very weird discovery.

I launch iTunes and I get the lag. I then close iTunes again.

I start the terminal and unload AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext and then load it again like this:

1. start terminal

2. cd /System/Library/Extensions

3. sudo kextunload AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

4. sudo kextload AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

5. exit

now start iTunes again and lag is gone!

AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext is loaded successfully and still no lag.

is this little trial useful in anyway? :)

Yeah, its rly work :P i dont know why but somebody can write script for unload and load again this kext after load Graphic Interface.

If we could get the disabler working for 64bit that would fix it.

Hi Snowski, yes I agree

but somebody can write script for unload and load again this kext after load Graphic Interface.

I am using 64-bit SL at the moment and I tried just unloading and reloading AppleUpstreamUserClient without restarting iTunes and it seems to have sorted the mouse lag.

I will keep testing, but either the Disabler or this kextload/unload method is perfect. :(

Hi Snowski, yes I agree

I am using 64-bit SL at the moment and I tried just unloading and reloading AppleUpstreamUserClient without restarting iTunes and it seems to have sorted the mouse lag.

I will keep testing, but either the Disabler or this kextload/unload method is perfect. :)

I added a x64 kext to fix this issue, enjoy. P.S. Thanks Kabyl, you're awesome! :)

http://stellarola.tumblr.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have iDeneb v1.6 (Leopard 10.5.8). Don't use the updated Disabler.kext, it will turn your hackintosh into a brick! Instead just backup your /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext, remove it, delete /System/Library/Extentions.kext, reboot and you'll have a fully responsive hackintosh ;)

!!!!

That's strange, I have a nvidia 8800GT on an A8N32SLI Deluxe and I don't have mouse lag but another mouse problem.

When the desktop comes, mouse runs well for few seconds, then starts to move very fast then X and Y movments are inverted.

Seems to work like if the mouse driver (USB) was loaded several times. Possible? how to check it?

regards/

• 1 month later...

I was flashed my GV-N98TOC-512I with 2d3d.rom....

All work perfect, no freezes on quicktime and itunes in snow and in leo, but.....

Work DVI only, HDMI, D-SUB not works, in system profiller displays two connected monitors :P

post-94835-1266876956_thumb.jpg

I hope this firmware will not kill my card. :D

Any ideas?

SOLUTION 1: seems there is a easier workaround, by removing some kext. Here is the link to the original post, good job guys ! :)http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1074361.

And here is the link to an updated Disabler.kext to disable this kext. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1075673

SOLUTION 2 : (hardcore :D)

CAUTION, WHATEVER YOU READ THERE IS YOUR OWN RESPONSABILITY, NOT MINE.

With the help of netkas, we finally managed to fix the famous QuickTime lag. This fix is a dirty one, and you might be disappointed, but it's a REAL FIX. You may not like it but here it is : you actually need to flash your 8800 GT with the Mac Pro 8800 GT eeprom (see there to follow the EXACT instructions on how to do this http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/in...hp/t639884.html).

Thanks to Kabyl, he managed to extract the legacy part (PC part) of the Mac Pro 8800 GT dump. What does it mean ? Well it's under 64K, so EVERYONE with a 8800 GT can flash it and enjoy the fix (1024K is only needed if you flash the untouched mac pro dump).

What you need to know is there are 2 bios i'm posting there, because there are 2 different 8800 GT for Mac Pro (1st gen & 2nd gen) for some EFI stuff. Why do I post these 2 bios then ? Because I noticed for some reason that one of them (from the mac pro 2nd gen) is different than a normal PC bios, it supports power management, and when idling, the 8800 GT underclocks itself to use less energy. So maybe people there will prefer this bios (2D3D.ROM).

In this zip you'll find 3D.ROM too, it's from the Mac Pro 1st gen 8800 GT and this one doesn't have power management, which means it always run at 600Mhz, even in idle (like original PC 8800 GT anyway).

Here is the link : http://www.mediafire.com/?ntyjdzzjhqj

Something else you need to know is that you can simply edit these bios under Windows with Nibitor if you wanna overclock your card, or if it's an overclocked one, or even if it's a 8800 GTS 512 that is running on a higher frequency. If you wanna use the 2D3D.ROM, then don't touch the 2D part of it (idling part) because I tried and Windows or OSX won't boot anymore... Just touch the 3D frequency if you wanna change the default 8800 GT one.

Now people with 8800 GTS 512 can use this bios to their original frequency. And maybe other G92 cards (9800 GTX might work, etc as long as you put your original clock. Please try and reports about these other G92 cards).

CAUTION, doing so might render your 8800 GT UNUSABLE. I managed to fail to flash it once (because of a {censored} dos boot cd i think) and I couldnt boot my PC anymore. Thanksfully, I had an old PCI card so I could still boot it and flash it again.

So please, be careful.

You might not like this fix, but it's the best fix to make your card like a real mac 8800 GT and thus fix the mouse lag problem.

So why is that mac pro bios so different ? I don't know, hopefully we will know why one day, but for now, here it is.

Have a nice day, please share your knowledge if you know an alternative to modify OUR original bios and fix the bug doing so.

So this post is not only a post to help people (with a RISKY way) to flash their card, it's also a post where we can share our knowledge to fix this problem with another trick. I have a G84 too, I tried to flash the 8800 GT bios on it, but it failed so for now, G84 people are out of luck (8600 series mostly)

I tried the second method, and no problem at all... now I can relax again.....lol

• 3 months later...
SOLUTION 1: seems there is a easier workaround, by removing some kext. Here is the link to the original post, good job guys ! :Dhttp://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1074361.

And here is the link to an updated Disabler.kext to disable this kext. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1075673

SOLUTION 2 : (hardcore ;))

CAUTION, WHATEVER YOU READ THERE IS YOUR OWN RESPONSABILITY, NOT MINE.

With the help of netkas, we finally managed to fix the famous QuickTime lag. This fix is a dirty one, and you might be disappointed, but it's a REAL FIX. You may not like it but here it is : you actually need to flash your 8800 GT with the Mac Pro 8800 GT eeprom (see there to follow the EXACT instructions on how to do this [http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/in...hp/t639884.html[/url]).

Thanks to Kabyl, he managed to extract the legacy part (PC part) of the Mac Pro 8800 GT dump. What does it mean ? Well it's under 64K, so EVERYONE with a 8800 GT can flash it and enjoy the fix (1024K is only needed if you flash the untouched mac pro dump).

What you need to know is there are 2 bios i'm posting there, because there are 2 different 8800 GT for Mac Pro (1st gen & 2nd gen) for some EFI stuff. Why do I post these 2 bios then ? Because I noticed for some reason that one of them (from the mac pro 2nd gen) is different than a normal PC bios, it supports power management, and when idling, the 8800 GT underclocks itself to use less energy. So maybe people there will prefer this bios (2D3D.ROM).

In this zip you'll find 3D.ROM too, it's from the Mac Pro 1st gen 8800 GT and this one doesn't have power management, which means it always run at 600Mhz, even in idle (like original PC 8800 GT anyway).

Here is the link : http://www.mediafire.com/?ntyjdzzjhqj

Something else you need to know is that you can simply edit these bios under Windows with Nibitor if you wanna overclock your card, or if it's an overclocked one, or even if it's a 8800 GTS 512 that is running on a higher frequency. If you wanna use the 2D3D.ROM, then don't touch the 2D part of it (idling part) because I tried and Windows or OSX won't boot anymore... Just touch the 3D frequency if you wanna change the default 8800 GT one.

Now people with 8800 GTS 512 can use this bios to their original frequency. And maybe other G92 cards (9800 GTX might work, etc as long as you put your original clock. Please try and reports about these other G92 cards).

CAUTION, doing so might render your 8800 GT UNUSABLE. I managed to fail to flash it once (because of a {censored} dos boot cd i think) and I couldnt boot my PC anymore. Thanksfully, I had an old PCI card so I could still boot it and flash it again.

So please, be careful.

You might not like this fix, but it's the best fix to make your card like a real mac 8800 GT and thus fix the mouse lag problem.

So why is that mac pro bios so different ? I don't know, hopefully we will know why one day, but for now, here it is.

Have a nice day, please share your knowledge if you know an alternative to modify OUR original bios and fix the bug doing so.

So this post is not only a post to help people (with a RISKY way) to flash their card, it's also a post where we can share our knowledge to fix this problem with another trick. I have a G84 too, I tried to flash the 8800 GT bios on it, but it failed so for now, G84 people are out of luck (8600 series mostly)

Sorry to inform that

http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/in...hp/t639884.html is no longer aviable

Yes. Removing it from Snow Leopard 10.6.3 does work. and I haven't faced any system issues till date.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :ninja:

I removed the kext but still got the problem. I have 8800GT 512mb logitech G5, wacom tablet and usb overdrive. Any ideas? :(

I removed the kext but still got the problem. I have 8800GT 512mb logitech G5, wacom tablet and usb overdrive. Any ideas? :)

Agree with BiTRiP. Was gonna suggest the same.

Do you have the kext rebuild commands?

Else check out This page at InsanelyMac:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184902

Scroll to step 53.

Kext rebuild scripts for 32 bit only. As well as separate 64 bit only version.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :D

• 1 year later...