Good News: 10.4.6 Myzar V2

zico

97 posts in this topic

It seems to have some problems with Rosetta in AMD64...

Maybe because I patched my 10.4.5 installation with previous 10.4.6 patch release? :)

I get, with most PPC applications this error:

Application Launch Failure:

The application "Windows Media Player" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<WindowsMediaPlayer><WindowsMediaPlayer><CarbonLib><SetWindowBounds>"

Then, I think that's because 10.4.6 has some problems with Carbon libraries? :blink:

Hope that you fix this problem,

Sherry Haibara

can someone with an intel cpu try to run office or toast, and it would be great if someone with intel that just copied the encrypted files without using this patch try to load them too.

I don't get if this error is amd only related, if it's because there's something f***ed in the carbon libraries but you would get a {censored}load of crashes in pure x86 apps too or the decrypted rosetta is somewhat f***ed or has something against amd

i'll try to understand it tomorrow

This patch busted my maxxuss 10.4.5 system. I get some black screen with some blue squares at the bottom. In -v it seems to say coreservices crashed? Happens right at the end very quickly...

I recently backed up my system to a USB drive, but I can't get it to boot, so I don't know what to do. I guess I could install 10.4.3 and back up from the USB drive then... blah.

I tried that Beta 2 update and it f***ed up all my computer.

PS : I didn't use Pacifist to install it, I just double clicked on the pkg, and I noticed it deleted my mach_kernel file (and some other files that Myzar removed from the original 10.4.6 package on purpose).

Did you all use Pacifist or something to install that Myzar's package anyway ?

PS2 : Myzar, I noticed the "famous bug" that doesn't auto-login booting OSX is related to a kext... Don,'t know which one, but it seems you know it since you fixed it on your 10.4.5 DVD.

I tried that Beta 2 update and it f***ed up all my computer.

PS : I didn't use Pacifist to install it, I just double clicked on the pkg, and I noticed it deleted my mach_kernel file (and some other files that Myzar removed from the original 10.4.6 package on purpose).

Did you all use Pacifist or something to install that Myzar's package anyway ?

PS2 : Myzar, I noticed the "famous bug" that doesn't auto-login booting OSX is related to a kext... Don,'t know which one, but it seems you know it since you fixed it on your 10.4.5 DVD.

erm sorry my pkg fuxored the sys and tried to delete the kernel ?

well it destroyed my install as well.. Not recommended for people with Maxxuss Installed method of 10.4.5 installing 10.4.4 to 10.4.5 cause it hated it.. Now on my 10.4.3 install trying to fix my install somehow cause my files are locked with a minus symbol next to them saying I dont have suffient priviledges to access them for my desktop and music folders.

Upgrading from a Maxxuss 10.4.5 system seems to f*** things up giving a black screen.... any ideas?

it'll take me days to download the myzar iso from the bay. any other sites offering with more generous seeders?

I can confirm ppc appz fail here. i dont get an error but logic audio express crashes everytime.

I patched a 10.4.6 system origianlly isntalled with myzar 10.4.5 dvd.

edit: this is the uni bin of logic express i force it to run via rossetta to test the ppc emualtion.

Myzar would it be possible to make a patch for the original 10.4.4 restore disc that does it to 10.4.6 with AppleVIAATA.kext loading during istall as well so my SATA would work with the installer? I am reinstalling my 10.4.4 install now then my 10.4.5 upgrade Maxxuss method now.. would be greatly appreciated. and thank you for helping us all out like this

I'm also having problems with rosetta, i have a P4-M, it uses the sse3 emulator, however i noticed on the strings of my kernel that i have the AMD Enabler as well. I'll try a kernel with only sse3 emulator and report back.

I also lost PC Cards support, i'll try using the 10.4.5 kext's for that.

Thanks for the update.

Is there anyway to undo a 10.4.6 install back to 10.4.5 without formatting hard drive?

I have a {censored} load of mp3's in my library of itunes.

I have the installer cd , can I just install like before?

Thanks

can someone with an intel cpu try to run office or toast, and it would be great if someone with intel that just copied the encrypted files without using this patch try to load them too.

I don't get if this error is amd only related, if it's because there's something f***ed in the carbon libraries but you would get a {censored}load of crashes in pure x86 apps too or the decrypted rosetta is somewhat f***ed or has something against amd

i'll try to understand it tomorrow

This same broblem on Intel Rosetta doesn't work. Samba too. I don't copy any files just upgrade from myzar 10.4.5 install with 10.4.6 myzar patch

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Microsoft Word[315] Launch failed with error code -2807 (cfragUnresolvedErr) for application -psn_0_3670017

post-18084-1144971257_thumb.jpg

Ok. I've ran into the problem many others experienced when trying to upgrade from a 10.4.5 "Maxxuss" Install.

The cause is that the ApplicationServices seems to be different from Maxxuss vs Myzar.

I havn't been able to get my hands on the one from myzar, so i'll just post this so you guys know

It's probably the CoreGraphics framework to be more specific. ( A subframework to ApplicationServices)

The cause is that _CGSReleaseWindow ain't defined in the version I'm using (from maxxuss)