Good News: 10.4.6 Myzar V2

zico

97 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago !!!!

Myzar V2 is avilable at the bay

This is a standalone 10.4.6 updater to be run from a working 10.4.5 system.

Requirements are a working 10.4.5 install, it's preferred an install from this disk

no links as you know

If you installed 10.4.5 in another way it will prolly work

but i haven't tested it

Credits To SemjaZa - Edit: I removed the link - for decrypting 10.4.6 files

Backup you extension folder before upgrading so you'll be able to copy back old extensions if your hardware stops working.

General note:

You'll find another dir Extensions_disabled 10.4.6 here you'll find 10.4.6 Gma/Network kexts , these are supposed to give problems but you are free to play with them if you like

Not bad, got it in 20min. Pretty fast for being so new.

Domino:

Please post your experience ASAP. Is it working without any problem? Check your screen saver because the first version of Myzar did not work for me

waiting

Yes, it works on my laptop. Screen saver also works. Good job! Myzar!

The installation was smooth, and the whole process is about 10 mins.

However, I haven't seen some improvement here.

Mouse artifact is still there, and I can't change resolution for my Ati mobile 96000.

Maybe the stability is improved. I have no idea.

Domino:

Please post your experience ASAP. Is it working without any problem? Check your screen saver because the first version of Myzar did not work for me

waiting

Don't hold you breathe. I have way too much things I'm working on to be testing on my stable 10.4.4. I just collect and save just in case I need them. Btw, I can post all the positive experience, but it doesn't mean it will work as smooth on your system. The first Myzar version worked for me and the screensaver worked also. At this point, everyone is pretty much on there own. Every new release seams to be pickier on hardware. So as long as the board is open, Apple can pick and choose which hardware they want to get rid off and deny people from using. So pray every night before you go to sleep that Apples releases a PC version :D. I do.. :)

Don't hold you breathe. I have way too much things I'm working on to be testing on my stable 10.4.4. I just collect and save just in case I need them. Btw, I can post all the positive experience, but it doesn't mean it will work as smooth on your system. The first Myzar version worked for me and the screensaver worked also. At this point, everyone is pretty much on there own. Every new release seams to be pickier on hardware. So as long as the board is open, Apple can pick and choose which hardware they want to get rid off and deny people from using. So pray every night before you go to sleep that Apples releases a PC version :D. I do.. :)

I am doing that

I will buy it even for $300!!! Just let them do it

Yes, it works on my laptop. Screen saver also works. Good job! Myzar!

The installation was smooth, and the whole process is about 10 mins.

However, I haven't seen some improvement here.

Mouse artifact is still there, and I can't change resolution for my Ati mobile 96000.

Maybe the stability is improved. I have no idea.

What did you upgrade from? Myzar install or Maxxuss patched install? the whole "It should work for other installs" thing scares me a bit. But I really want to get the new GMA drivers... errr..

Found a problem I lost Samba and Windows remote desktop

I still have internet but not local network

When I use Windows remote desktop I get this error

Edit: from console

Apr 13 15:38:17 LAPTOP /Applications/Remote Desktop Connection/Remote Desktop Connection: launch failed with error code -2807 (cfragUnresolvedErr) for application -psn_0_1441793\n

/Applications/Remote Desktop Connection/Remote Desktop Connection[276] Launch failed with error code -2807 (cfragUnresolvedErr) for application -psn_0_1703937

post-9016-1144958132_thumb.png

It seems to have some problems with Rosetta in AMD64...

Maybe because I patched my 10.4.5 installation with previous 10.4.6 patch release? :star_smile:

I get, with most PPC applications this error:

Application Launch Failure:

The application "Windows Media Player" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<WindowsMediaPlayer><WindowsMediaPlayer><CarbonLib><SetWindowBounds>"

Then, I think that's because 10.4.6 has some problems with Carbon libraries? :angry:

Hope that you fix this problem,

Sherry Haibara