Triple boot stuff

1 post in this topic

Hi

I am hoping that I am in the appropriate section of the forum, if not, please forgive me.

I am getting a new computer, for some professionnal use, and I would like to setup the dream of all living soul on earth : a triple boot with windows 64 bits (XP or Vista, didn't make the choice yet), windows XP 32 bits, and leopard, here's the description :

Motherboard : ASUS P6T

Processor : Intel i7 940

Memory : 6Go (3*2Go, Triple Channel) DDR3-1333

ONE hard drive : Western velociraptor 300GB

Graphic card : Geforce GTX295 1792Mo

(I put on some details, 'cause i read somewhere that the memory in graphic card or having more than 4Go of memory could screw up some stuff)

So, a couple days ago, i started reading some tutos, some articles, many websites, the official wiki, and so on, about installing Leopard on a PC. I have not understood everything, but i get the essential that is : installing Leopard on a PC is a pain in the ass. There's so many different way, in addition, everything may not work and the update seems very dangerous (may screw up everything ...). So instead of the usual masochism of getting help during the process, I thought maybe I should ask some before I start the whole thing of {censored} up my bios and so on.

That's where you, dear reader, come up. First of all I would want to know if with my configuration this setup is even possible technically. If it is, maybe you could tell me which method will work better for me : using "fixed" dvd like iatkos, kalyway or ideneb ... or using boot132 and use retail DVD (personnaly i prefer the second method, 'cause in my dream the leopard would update without any tricks and directly from the apple updates software).

Installing Leopard may not be the hardest thing, I think that the real problem is to set up the multiboot on 1 hard drive. So, how could I do that ? Let the "fixed" dvd do it for me (i didn't really get how he gonna do this, but i trust him ... no choice), installing Grub/Chameleon by myself, or prey while dancing in butter on my left foot that he gonna acts like my mac and let me choose each time i press alt on the startup ...

In addition, i have more than 4Go of memory, and don't want to change anything in my bios which could affect my 2 windows (except of the hyper threading thing, that i understood it must be disabled, in this tuto : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=144639 )

So, conclusion, I would need some personnal advice, for the method to use, the additionnal tricks i'm gonna need to do 'cause of my configuration, in résumé, i just need the way, i think i may walk alone (maybe not for the kext thing, but one pain at the time).

Thanks for reading, helping or cheering ;)

P.S. : you must got it, but English is not my language, even if i did the best i could, some mistakes must remain, sorry.