Driver for NVidia GS 8400 for 10.5.6

zerocoolwizard

23 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Got my GS 8400 working with full QE/CI under "ipc 10.5.6 with PPF 1/2/3/4 integrated" install. Used NVinject 0.2.1 generic during install. Out of the box i got QE/CI working with the card. All i did after is installed "GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle" with osx86 tools and reboot. All resolutions working with my x263w lcd HD monitor. See pictures attached.

Download link for Driver: http://rapidshare.com/files/187870561/10.5...NVidia.zip.html not working......

New link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2bfc220...04e75f6e8ebb871

MB: ASUS P5K-VM

CPU: Q6600 Intel

Mem: 4GB 1066

VCard: GS8400 - 256MB Zoltac

osx86: IPC_OSX86_10.5.6_PPF4

1.tiff

2.tiff

3.tiff

• 2 weeks later...
no need nvinject

install with efistudio/universall osx86 installer :)

efi studio/universall osx86 installer driver for vga nvidia start from series 7xxx, series 8xx ( download freeware) at: http://######.com/index.php?option=...9&Itemid=48 :)

post-321426-1233592821_thumb.jpg

OMG! That worked for me after days of messing around trying to get QE and CI working on my NVidia 7600GS! That should be posted as a sticky at the top of the forum! Excellent little utility!

Thanks!

Jeff

Has anyone actually get this card work with QE/CI in 10.5.6?

I have at work a xfx geforce 8400 GS 512 ID 0x042210de and well, is working and able to change resolutions but QE/CI is not. And have tried everything.

First installed with Nvijnect 512... working.. but no QE/CI then removed Nvinject and used EFi String still not QE/CI. Tried also NVDarwin, NVKush and 9f23Installer and Punk92 one too, but nothing.

All this in IPC OSX86 FINAL and with proper IDs in NV50Hal and NVResman and Geforce and even NVinject kexts. All worked fine even with DVI and then pluged in a CRT and had both displays working but no QE/CI. There must be a way man!. Most post claiming to work are older versions. Maybe that's the prob...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Got my GS 8400 working with full QE/CI under "ipc 10.5.6 with PPF 1/2/3/4 integrated" install. Used NVinject 0.2.1 generic during install. Out of the box i got QE/CI working with the card. All i did after is installed "GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle" with osx86 tools and reboot. All resolutions working with my x263w lcd HD monitor. See pictures attached.

Download link for Driver: http://rapidshare.com/files/187870561/10.5...NVidia.zip.html

MB: ASUS P5K-VM

CPU: Q6600 Intel

Mem: 4GB 1066

VCard: GS8400 - 256MB Zoltac

osx86: IPC_OSX86_10.5.6_PPF4

Hi, the link is not available, something about the number of downloads, can you upload again or to another place?

Thanks

I have 8400gs working with qe/ci under iPC 10.5.6 (in my server). All I had to do was to pick "install latest macbook drivers" (last option in video list during installation) and generate appropriate efi string in efi studio (chose 8400gs 256).

I have had only partial success with an Asus 8400GS. I have used OSX86 tools to install the EFI string for the card, and I successfully get CI/QE. I have not tested DVI, and have only used VGA. I am using a vanilla install of 10.5.6 with munky's boot method.

I get a full list of resolutions in system preferences, but only some of them work. When I select one that doesn't work, I get only a blue screen. What makes it more interesting is that its not always the same resolutions that work. A resolution will be working fine, and I will switch to something else and switch back and it will not work anymore. I'm using a display with a native resolution of 1680x1050. The highest resolution I have gotten to work is 1600x1020, but this does not always work.

Also, the display does not look very good. The text is not smooth at all, and I have no control over the color calibration. If I go into the display calibration, moving the sliders has no effect. I know it is not the display, I hooked it up to my macbook pro and everything looks great.

Does anyone have any ideas? What should I try? I have tried various NVInject and NVKush patches, but nothing seems to work. Has anybody gotten this? A tutorial seems like it would be helpful for many people.

Here is the info from system profiler:

nVidia GeForce 8400 GS:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 8400 GS

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x06e4

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: nVidia GeForce 8400 GS OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

Display Connector:

Hanns.G Hi221:

Resolution: 1360 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

One more observation: I have never gotten the full resolution to display anything besides a blue screen, but when I rotate it 180 degrees it works. strange.

Any idea why I am having the problems I talked about in the previous post? It seems like the card is fully supported.

Guest BuildSmart

If you do DSDT injection (you have a DSDT.aml file) then you don't need a gfx string or Natit or NVkush to get fully supported video.

Hi,

I have an ASUS 8400GS 512mb card with id 06e4. I've got it working using EFI studio with DVI output. The NVCAP I'm using is BAAAAAAAAwAEAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

My Specs are :-

nVidia GeForce 8400 GS:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 8400 GS

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x06e4

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: nVidia GeForce 8400 GS OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

CMC 17" AD:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

All resolutions are supported. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

hi

i removed the EFI strings from com.apple.boot.plist & now i've QE/CI with NVinject smile.png woo hooo. took me three miserable weeks including a fatal crash which i somehow recovered(always backup your extensions via OSx86 tools!!!) to figure this one out...

i have attached a few NVinject kexts with this - i don't remember which one worked for me - i don't even know why i installed EFI strings in the 1st place...all the very best for you QE/CI...yes, you can do it...smile.png

here's how to remove the EFI strings:

sudo -s
 [enter password when prompted]
 nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

This will take you to a text editor showing you the contents of your com.apple.Boot.plist. Look for these two lines:

<key>device-properties</key>
 <string>YOUR LONG EFI STRING HERE</string>

Using your arrow keys, navigate the block cursor down to each of those two lines and hit CONTROL+K on both. This will cut the corresponding line out of the script (quicker than hitting the delete button, trust me).

When you're done, hit CONTROL+X and then Y, and ENTER to save the file. Now simply restart OSX, and you should boot up again without EFI strings. :)

NVinject_Kexts.zip

post-392348-1239724956_thumb.jpg

Please help.

I have a 8400LS 512mb as well.

But no matter what I tried (NVinject/NVdarwin on install) or installing without Video, and then EFI or Uinstaller, Whenever my Video resolution is good, my mouse freeze, and whenever my Video resolution is 1024, everything works (network, keyb, mouse, sound)

Any help highly appreciated.

Thanks,.

Has anyone actually get this card work with QE/CI in 10.5.6?

I have at work a xfx geforce 8400 GS 512 ID 0x042210de and well, is working and able to change resolutions but QE/CI is not. And have tried everything.

First installed with Nvijnect 512... working.. but no QE/CI then removed Nvinject and used EFi String still not QE/CI. Tried also NVDarwin, NVKush and 9f23Installer and Punk92 one too, but nothing.

All this in IPC OSX86 FINAL and with proper IDs in NV50Hal and NVResman and Geforce and even NVinject kexts. All worked fine even with DVI and then pluged in a CRT and had both displays working but no QE/CI. There must be a way man!. Most post claiming to work are older versions. Maybe that's the prob...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
hi

i removed the EFI strings from com.apple.boot.plist & now i've QE/CI with NVinject smile.png woo hooo. took me three miserable weeks including a fatal crash which i somehow recovered(always backup your extensions via OSx86 tools!!!) to figure this one out...

i have attached a few NVinject kexts with this - i don't remember which one worked for me - i don't even know why i installed EFI strings in the 1st place...all the very best for you QE/CI...yes, you can do it...smile.png

here's how to remove the EFI strings:

sudo -s
 [enter password when prompted]
 nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

This will take you to a text editor showing you the contents of your com.apple.Boot.plist. Look for these two lines:

<key>device-properties</key>
 <string>YOUR LONG EFI STRING HERE</string>

Using your arrow keys, navigate the block cursor down to each of those two lines and hit CONTROL+K on both. This will cut the corresponding line out of the script (quicker than hitting the delete button, trust me).

When you're done, hit CONTROL+X and then Y, and ENTER to save the file. Now simply restart OSX, and you should boot up again without EFI strings. :yoji:

Thanks!! This worked a treat on my Dell 530 for the Nvidia Geforce 8600 GTS card. Now I can install Logic Pro 9 on my Dell Hackintosh :jerry:

Art