Quicktime 7.6 Is Out

antsh

90 posts in this topic

So in other words users of g84 and g92 are screwed unless apple accidentally fixes it. Well, guess i'm in the market for a new graphics card.

@sg: Yeah i fixed it using an earlier build of 7.5.5. It appears the only fixes are what you and i did or using 10.5.5 graphics kexts. I think cyclonefr has a thread about it.

Well, there is still the possibility of hacked drivers incompatibility...

There are reports of some 8600GT users experiencing no problems.

Have you tried using other drivers?

Well, there is still the possibility of hacked drivers incompatibility...

There are reports of some 8600GT users experiencing no problems.

Have you tried using other drivers?

It was happening with NVKush, but now i'm using graphics strings and it was still happening.

Dammit, It must be a fix .. to buy a new videocard ? no money ! also, no machines with the old build 7.5.5, so , maybe can pm me with the player

Unfortunately the link i used to install the earlier build of 7.5.5 has been updated to 7.6, so I don't know where to find it now. I don't know what part of 7.6 is causing the problem. If somebody knew maybe they could post the older versions of the files and you could install them using pacifist. The other way to fix it is to use the graphics kexts from 10.5.5. I'd suggest following this thread by cyclonefr.

Its only the QuickTime Player application that is causing the issues, if you quit the app the rest of the OS fine as well as other apps that use QT. You can fix this by simply using the 7.5 QT Player.

It will be great to see realmacs with this problem , nbecause we will see a fix then, if no ..... we are doomed .. btw .. What new videocard is working 100% with no problem ? something more powerfull that 8800, because I will no go to a lover card ..

Does anyone know for a fact that the 8800GT on real Mac Pros don't have issues? We've all heard from someone who heard from someone. I'd prefer to hear it directly from them. :thumbsup_anim:

-Stell

Try googling for this problem. The only relevant hits I could find points back to this forum. None at Apple's own forums. Actually, there are problems, but not related to mouse lags using nVidia cards.

I agree with you about the part of hearing from first-hand Mac Pro accounts, though...

It will be great to see realmacs with this problem , nbecause we will see a fix then, if no ..... we are doomed .. btw .. What new videocard is working 100% with no problem ? something more powerfull that 8800, because I will no go to a lover card ..

My ATi Radeon 3870 works perfectly. It should be at least on par with 8800GT, if not better, and isn't that expensive anymore, after the release of the 4xxx series.

Download and put in System/Library/QuickTime with replacing. It is quicktime library that causes lag since some build of version 7.5.5. This component was taken from the last build of ver. 7.5.5 without lags.

They are caused by some function that looks for new nvidia chipset in new macbooks, but on hacks it seems to hang. As it tries to look for it again the system hangs for a moment. Info taken from Apple forums where one of macpros owners posted a thread about it.

http://stream.ifolder.ru/10179649

Enter the code then press "Скачать" and again press it on the second page.

stellarolla, you can believe me, I asked a friend with a Mac Pro 8800 GT, MBP 8600M GT and MBP 9600 and they don't have the lag at all... You can clearly see quickly just by running quicktime player, the icon in the dock bounces with a small lag and isn't smooth... Real macs dont have the issue.

Where i do enter the f.....g code? Where is code?? ..."Скачать" is just text...no buttons to push except advs ;)

immagine2vc9.png

It is written in red that Traffic from abroad exceeds limits so you should try later.

When everything is ok instead of this note will be CODE that you will have to enter into the field and press the word "Далее" and then press link below words "Ссылка для скачивания файла:"

Here is a new link. Do not like rapidshare (file can be downloaded only ten times) but it is american site, so it will be understandable for all. Anyone who will download, pls reupload on different site with no limitations

http://rapidshare.com/files/188453657/Quic...ponent.zip.html

Ok thx a lot...btw that russian site, i opened again now (5 hours later) still red msg...maybe they dont limit max dl times...but dl exceed stay almost forever so is kinda same limit s**t ^^

BTW this mouse lag problem happen even when open iTunes, htis loooooook like iTunes and QT share some common libs and its involved the one that make lag.

EDIT: My little contribute about share OneSman7's Quicktime.Components, here: [ megaupload ]

stellarolla, you can believe me, I asked a friend with a Mac Pro 8800 GT, MBP 8600M GT and MBP 9600 and they don't have the lag at all... You can clearly see quickly just by running quicktime player, the icon in the dock bounces with a small lag and isn't smooth... Real macs dont have the issue.

Yea... When I went to the Apple Store yesterday, I checked out their Mac Pro with 8800GT. No lag at all. Machine was 10.5.6 with 7.5.5 .24 not .13

Yup, no lag...

What would happen if we used a 8800GT for Mac in our PC. Theoretically speaking...

-Stell

Yea... When I went to the Apple Store yesterday, I checked out their Mac Pro with 8800GT. No lag at all. Machine was 10.5.6 with 7.5.5 .24 not .13

Yup, no lag...

What would happen if we used a 8800GT for Mac in our PC. Theoretically speaking...

-Stell

I'm not sure it would even boot... But then again, I could be wrong. :wacko: