Asus P5N7A-VM

DiaboliK

1,296 posts in this topic

hey lads,

just installed lion, quiet straight forward. empty harddrive, guid formatted, two partitions, restored the dmg in the dev preview2 to one of the empty partitions, replaced the package shortcut by the actual folder from the preview and put a fakesmckext into S/L/E of restored install disk (chown/chmod).

installed chameleon with the package installer (i am a lazy slob) and simply booted from that harddrive. install went well, display went black after showing only a minute left. i waited for harddrives to shut up, smoked a cigarrette and hard reseted the pc. booted into SL, put a fakesmc.kext into S/L/E (chown/chmod). reboot into freshly installed lion. imported user from SL and it works.

cheers Basti

Thank you for this post! I'm trying to get it working with the retail download and I extracted the install DMG from the install app. I've restored the installer to my second partition but there is no Extensions folder in S/L/...

Secondly, what partition did you install chameleon to? Wanting to get this thing going!

When I try to boot from the drive I just get a blinking cursor...

If you could give a slight bit more detail on how you got it going I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

hi,

I have no experience with the actual version of lion. the knowledge of how to make this app store version into something useful must be obtained somewhere else. I have not looked into it. There was a S/L/E in the beta and without fakesmc in it it won't work.

I installed chameleon from within SL to the partition I restored the installer image to. but this does not make a difference, even if chameleon would be on another harddrive it wouldn't matter.

what does matter is that I use a flashed BIOS from this thread, one of the later ones.

you get a lion compatible chameleon loaded up? then you choose the installer image and the pc goes on the blink?

hey lads,

just installed lion, quiet straight forward. empty harddrive, guid formatted, two partitions, restored the dmg in the dev preview2 to one of the empty partitions, replaced the package shortcut by the actual folder from the preview and put a fakesmckext into S/L/E of restored install disk (chown/chmod).

installed chameleon with the package installer (i am a lazy slob) and simply booted from that harddrive. install went well, display went black after showing only a minute left. i waited for harddrives to shut up, smoked a cigarrette and hard reseted the pc. booted into SL, put a fakesmc.kext into S/L/E (chown/chmod). reboot into freshly installed lion. imported user from SL and it works.

all is woring as before but sound, using old solutions described here somehow did not work.

beeing a lazy slob i installed the voodoo hda package, reboot followed by a auto reboot (why ever it just did it) and Lion started up with sound.

all as we know it from SL, USB still funny, bios reset when using sleep and no fast reboots without help

OK, I finally made sense of this and got Lion purring along! The key for me was this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260594 I installed similar to eject did above just referencing this other thread to bring clarity to the parts I didn't understand.

The only thing I had to do once installed was add the FakeSMC.kext and AppleHDA.kext and everything is working except reset. It will sleep and shutdown fine just no restart... I've included the two kext files below.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

FakeSMC.kext.zip

Does restarting work for you? Ever since updating to 10.6.8, neither evoreboot nor openhaltrestart will load or function correctly.

I've updated tried the p5n.rom to no avail.

Also, is the audio injection built into the bios flash?

Does restarting work for you?

Also, is the audio injection built into the bios flash?

Nope, restart is not working for me. I've tried the OpenHaltRestart.kext and the fix built into Chameleon with no avail. Sleep is working though. I was having problems with the BIOS resetting after using sleep then doing a full s/d and restart. To fix that I replaced the AppleRTC.kext in the S/L/E folder with the one from 10.6.8 and I'm not losing my BIOS settings anymore. Full shutdown also works just not restart...

I'm not sure about the audio injection in the BIOS. I can tell you that audio did not work for me until I installed the AppleHDA.kext with the one attached to this post. Hope that helps...

AppleHDA.kext.zip

AppleRTC_10.6.8.kext.zip

Does anyone have QE/CI on Lion? I've sucessfully got Lion up and running, but the tearing with screen sliding, lack of transparent bars, and no water effect when adding widgets to dashboard (when not it's seperate space).

--Edit: Got my 9800GT to work with QE/CI using the UseNvidiaRom=Yes flag with the 9800GT rom in my /Extra folder, but only on 32 bit. System Hangs and won't boot with 64 bit...strange indeed

@PolishOSX

Is this the coveted dsdt that you can't release per signal64?

I installed Mac OS X Lion 10.7

Modded BIOS from dgsga

Sound: LegacyAppleHDA in E/E + AppleHDA from 10.6.2 in S/L/E

Sleep: AppleRTC from 10.6.8 in S/L/E

Works fine, no BIOS reset.

Restart: OpenHaltRestart

Restart works fine, but shutdown not completely. HDD and coolers stops, but I have to hold down the power button for 4 seconds to turn off the power supply.

I tried to use evOrestart but it doesn't work with AppleRTC from 10.6.8.

USB: All plugged USB disks are ejected without being properly unmounted, but the keyboard and mouse will continue working after a sleep/wake up cycle. I tried to use IOUSBFamily from 10.6.2 and IOUSBMassStorageClass from 10.6.4, no result.

Does anyone know how to fix USB problem?

• 2 weeks later...

kramer2k, system boots into x64. I use an external PCI-E Palit GeForce 450 GTS with GraphicsEnabler=Yes in com.apple.Boot.plist

UPD: I noticed that my iPod Touch does not recognized in the system, in fact USB 2.0 ports don't work as they should. I switched the BIOS settings to FullSpeed (Legacy USB Enabled for using keyboard in bootloader menu) and added an external PCI USB 2.0 controller. Now everything is working perfect.

Sorry for my English.

• 4 weeks later...

this drives me crazy,

I got myself a appstore version of Lion. Made it a bootable Image. I can install it fine, the installed version will boot up but then it will not accept any input. so I am stuck at the screen where I am asked to specifiy my region. Mouse will move but clicking seems to have no effect neither does hitting any keys on the keyboard.

for {censored}s sake, why? This does not make any sense and you guys seem to be allright. there seems to be no way around it, this is especially anoying since Lion needs an awful lot of time to boot when no kextchace is used. waiting for what feels like five minutes only to discover that again no input is accepted to get me past this screen.

this is more like a rant than anything else

I'm having some difficulties. I'm trying to update from 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 and I'm losing audio and after a few successful boots I get the following at power up:

boot0: GPT

boot0: HFS+

boot0: booting

boot0: done

boot1: startupfile

At this point Darwin should start loading, but doesn't. This seems to occur on occasion with other users but without an explanation that I can find. My process is to clone my 10.5.6 HD to a new drive using Carbon Copy Cloner, then use UInstaller to put on Chameleon. It boots fine. I then used Software Update to install the 10.5.8 update and then I lose audio. I used UInstaller to put AppleHDaudio.kext and HDAenabler.kext, but no sound even after a reboot. Then, for some reason, after a few reboots I get the above lines. This was done on two different hard drives with the same results.

I can clone the non-booting drive to another drive and then install Chameleon and it boots fine - for a few times. Then it has the same problem.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure what's going on, but I've now been able to reboot 7 times without a problem AND my sound has mysteriously reappeared. My USB ports seem a bit wonky - sometimes they work, sometimes not. I also have a bluetooth dongle that works but connects to my Magic Mouse only sporatically. It sure is strange...

• 3 weeks later...
Please report when you have something. I'm planning on upgrading my OS soon.

Well, I can tell you what didn't work... :P

After the update my monitor went black but I was still able to VNC into it and see everything. The only thing that seemed to break was the built in graphics card support.

Up to this point I have NOT used a DSDT file or graphics injector with Lion. Using VNC I grabbed the DSDT that I was using with 10.5.8 and stuck it in the root. Booted and it locked up at "Initializing PCI Devices" or something like that, one of the last steps of the verbose boot... I couldn't get past this and when I would boot from the recovery partition that was installed with Lion I was unable to see the DSDT file in Terminal to delete it. I ended up doing a full system restore from the recovery partition using my last Time Machine backup prior to the 10.7.2 update. Fortunately the TM restore worked flawlessly and I'm back on 10.7.1 as if nothing happened. I don't have time right now to pursue this any farther so I'll be on 10.7.1 for a little longer...

Good Luck! (Maybe NVkush would work?)

Successfuly updated to 10.7.2!

Thanks to cubswinfllclssic for the post here.

I installed the NVEnabler.kext (64-bit) in the first page of this thread and turned OFF Graphics Enabler in the Chameleon settings and removing the EFI inject string from Chameleon while still on 10.7.1. Restarted and everything still worked great. Installed 10.7.2 and it booted right up! Had to reinstall AppleHDA.kext to get sound going again.

So quick recap: No DSDT, No Graphics Enabler, No graphics EFI Inject String, Use NVEnabler.kext, Install 10.7.2 update, reinstall AppleHDA.kext

iCloud is there and working!