• Please log in to reply
1263 replies to this topic

JimmyK814

JimmyK814

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

If it is of any interest I have just installed Yosemite 10.10.2 with no problems using the modified DSDT and Audio kext that I posted above.

Audio works - have not tested much else yet.

I now have instances of Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and Yosemite all running on this board. 

It might be old - but it works (a bit like me, I suppose !)

Wow this is awesome. I still have this board with regular Lion installed from an upgrade of Snow.

I'd love to get it updated to Yosemite. What do you think is the best route? Upgrade of start fresh?

I'd love to compare notes. Do you have any special BIOS flashed on yours? If I remember I had to flash a certain BIOS as well.

nowhinjing

nowhinjing

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

If I were you I would start afresh as the DSDT you will need ( posted above ) is not compatible with Lion.

This DSDT should also mean that you don't need to flash the bios - unless you are not using the latest one.

The Uni forbidden and Multi forbidden method is your best bet.

Good Luck

Kuranuk

Kuranuk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Ahh, this thread (like this board) appears to be an oldie but a goodie.

I noticed the previous links for the DSDT and HDA kext are broken, but nowhinjng was gracious enough to respond to my request for a repost, so for other future people stumbling across this thread, here is a new copy:

P5n7a-vm DSDT and HDA kext

Kuranuk

Kuranuk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Also, FWIW, during the ##### install of Yosemite, for whatever reason, I needed to ignore the kextcache (-f) and use:

USBLegacyOff=yes nv_disable=1

In order for the USB bus not to give me a "could not acquire from the bios…" message, or have the monitor go to sleep after booting the kernel, respectively.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy