Intel PRO/100 VE NIC

catracho

333 posts in this topic

Hi Jazzminos, thanks for the reply... if it help I see in logs this output…

Apr 22 17:39:27 fedesans-hp-pavilion-dv6000-rp283uaaba kextd[10]: can't find extension with id com.apple.driver.AppleIntel8254XEthernet

Im using Intel Dual Core 2.66ghz, Intel ICH7 d945, 2gb Kingston and my device is 0x27dc8086 (Intel Pro/100 VE NIC). I tried upgrade to iPC 10.5.6 after formatted Kalyway 10.5.2. Because i need some software required to use 10.5.6.

I have same problem about Intel Pro/100 VE NIC on iPC 10.5.6. i found working Kext but the problem is always getting not working and rarely to get working. And It always said "Cable unplugged". I already tried to fix with "-f" mode in com.apple.boot.plist, clear extension cache, permission, everything what i followed instruction from someone of this forum. How can i fix this solve?

Im currently use iPC PPF5 final 10.5.6.

hope someone will help and share each other...

Thanks,

AlienX2

Im using Intel Dual Core 2.66ghz, Intel ICH7 d945, 2gb Kingston and my device is 0x27dc8086 (Intel Pro/100 VE NIC). I tried upgrade to iPC 10.5.6 after formatted Kalyway 10.5.2. Because i need some software required to use 10.5.6.

I have same problem about Intel Pro/100 VE NIC on iPC 10.5.6. i found working Kext but the problem is always getting not working and rarely to get working. And It always said "Cable unplugged". I already tried to fix with "-f" mode in com.apple.boot.plist, clear extension cache, permission, everything what i followed instruction from someone of this forum. How can i fix this solve?

Im currently use iPC PPF5 final 10.5.6.

hope someone will help and share each other...

Thanks,

AlienX2

Same problem here, Intel ICH7 d945, iPC 10.5.6, Intel Pro/100 VE NIC device is 0x27dc8086, always get cable unplugged.

please help!

Thanks.

Same problem here, Intel ICH7 d945, iPC 10.5.6, Intel Pro/100 VE NIC device is 0x27dc8086, always get cable unplugged.

please help!

Thanks.

For me the card shows up when I used a 10.5.5 distro and then upgraded to 10.5.6 using software update, the drivers still work after the upgrade to 10.5.6. I think the distro that I used was iDeneb 1.3

Chris

I've been trying to fiddle with network card for about a week now and i still have no luck. x86 still doesnt detect my card. I basically tried all the suggestions and tutorials.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

btw, i installed using iAtkos i5 (10.5.5) and my device is the 0x27dc8086

Please try installing 10.5.6 without ACPI patch. It has been reported that ACPI patch can caused some kext failed to load. function properly.

Hi, kizwan!

I've tried to install 10.5.6 without ACPI patches.

1. I installed iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 with the following options:

a) stock kernel

B) stock ACPI (completely original)

c) Disabler.kext (I have permanent kernel panic on system startup without this kext)

d) OHR - OpenHaltRestart (I also have startup problems without this kext)

e) PS/2 driver to get my touchpad & keyboard working

2. Then I installed Cumulative 10.5.6 update. Completely original from Apple.

3. I also installed ACPIPS2Nub.kext to get my touchpad & keyboard working with 10.5.6.

4. I installed latest IOPCMCIAFamily.kext for 10.5.6 ONLY.

5. I installed corrected AppleIntel8255x.kext with my dev/ven ids. Deleted Extensions.mkext. Repaired permissions. Rebooted. Removed AppleIntel82845.kext. Deleted Extensions.mkext. Repaired permissions. Rebooted.

Results are the same - "Cable is unplugged" & No driver for Ethernet card in System Profiler > PCI cards.

It seems that we need help of experienced coders to correct the driver. This is the only way, I think.

I'm ready to make any diagnostic logs You need!

With great respect, jazzminos.

I am inexperienced in mac programming, but as soon as I have some free time, I am going to try and port the linux driver over to mac. I already gathered the source code and downloaded xcode and so on. I have been looking into other open source mac drivers and such.

Currently I am looking over source code for the 8566x or whatever that NIC is that is based on the e1000 source from linux.

Edit: I probably won't be able to start development until next week when I actually get home and I am officially done with school.

Hi, kizwan!

I've tried to install 10.5.6 without ACPI patches.

1. I installed iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 with the following options:

a) stock kernel

:) stock ACPI (completely original)

c) Disabler.kext (I have permanent kernel panic on system startup without this kext)

d) OHR - OpenHaltRestart (I also have startup problems without this kext)

e) PS/2 driver to get my touchpad & keyboard working

2. Then I installed Cumulative 10.5.6 update. Completely original from Apple.

3. I also installed ACPIPS2Nub.kext to get my touchpad & keyboard working with 10.5.6.

4. I installed latest IOPCMCIAFamily.kext for 10.5.6 ONLY.

5. I installed corrected AppleIntel8255x.kext with my dev/ven ids. Deleted Extensions.mkext. Repaired permissions. Rebooted. Removed AppleIntel82845.kext. Deleted Extensions.mkext. Repaired permissions. Rebooted.

Results are the same - "Cable is unplugged" & No driver for Ethernet card in System Profiler > PCI cards.

It seems that we need help of experienced coders to correct the driver. This is the only way, I think.

I'm ready to make any diagnostic logs You need!

So I have been reading the threads from post #1 and it seems, those of us with 10.5.6 have issues. My specs:

Toshiba a100-sk9

Centrino Duo 2ghz 't2500'

1gb rm

120gb Hd split 100gb for Win 7 rc | 12gb for Mac OSX 10.5.6 iDeneb 1.4

intel pro 100 10928086 lan

etc...(relevant specs listed)

Kernel is 9.2.something speed

I have an acpi fix, otherwise doesn't boot.

Im using both cpus. Using USB keyboard, didnt do any ps2 fix. Didnt do the firewall fix either cuz i just dont care for it.

Nvidia 7600go, sound working. Other then keyboard and trackpad not working which at this time is not a problem, everything is nice. My ethernet is an issue.

I think I followed the majority if not all instructions. Had a few issues with badly packed kexts but got to the root of that issue easily - frustrating at first.

Problem is now:

the kextcache. Everytime I tried to delete the Extensions.kextcache, i get a response that it doesn't exist. I am under the impression that it might be hidden, since it seems to be createable without an error. I can delete the mkext easily though.

Has anyone with 10.5.6 been able to delete/recreate the Extensions.kextcache file?

Im going to experiment a little more in the meantime.

Good luck!

Hi, friends... It seems that we don't need more experiments... We need a new driver. :D Or an experienced coder to correct the available one.

Yeah....I agree. :) buxter is our hope.

Yeah....I agree. :wacko: buxter is our hope.

I am still in the process of moving out of school, but hopefully by the end of the week I will begin development. I have never written a driver but I have over 8 years of programming experience and hopefully I will be able to get something together. I have 2 great projects to learn from so I am not worried too much it will be just a matter of getting the work done.

Do what's said at #2 post in this topic for your device .kext folder

when I go into windows and select properties i get

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DC&SUBSYS_5049107B&REV_01\4&F0A7CC7&0&40F0

I don't see the 1092 but I do see 8086 what am I missing?

when I go into windows and select properties i get

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DC&SUBSYS_5049107B&REV_01\4&F0A7CC7&0&40F0

I don't see the 1092 but I do see 8086 what am I missing?

Check matching device id property or

device instance path or if u still cant find it, select all the properties till u find something familiar.

For those that managed to get their ethernet working and who device Ids are 10928086, were yours 10928086 rev 2 or was it different?

i.e. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&REV_02

btw, kext files 10.4.3; 10.5.5; 10.5.6; ionetworkfamily.kext files posted not working either.

Im asking about the revision number because it just might make the difference.

After spending most of the day working on the driver, I concluded that something is wrong with my installation. For some reason the driver cannot get access to create an IRQ source which leads me to believe that this driver should work fine, it is something else that is screwed up something with the PCI drivers.

Hi guys!!!! I've solved the problem!!! I've done DSDT patching. Used -f key because it refused to compile. And I solved TWO great problems with one step:

1. My network started to work without any further help. Some of the kexts published here was installed.

2. My graphics - GMA950 started to work with stock kexts with CI, QE, QGL.

This is my method :)

Good luck!

Hi guys!!!! I've solved the problem!!! I've done DSDT patching. Used -f key because it refused to compile. And I solved TWO great problems with one step:

1. My network started to work without any further help. Some of the kexts published here was installed.

2. My graphics - GMA950 started to work with stock kexts with CI, QE, QGL.

This is my method -_-

Good luck!

Hi jazzminos,

I'm interested with DSDT code for GMA950. Can you share your code with me? Thank you. :P

kizwan

Yup, it works. But you will need this file -see attachement , and a reboot. And maybe you will get kernal panics after opend dmg files. Thatll be fixed by replacing seatbelt.kext with the 10.5.5 seatbelt (for kernal 10.5.6) or seatbelt 10.5.6 (for kernal 10.6) After you did the usual replace kext thing - c'mon u should be used to that - you might have random freezes. But at least u got on the net right?

DSDTPatcherGUI_1.0.zip

To make network card work in 10.5.7 simply add ven/dev id to original kext from 10.5.7 :) Of course with DSDT override. I think that You don't need to delete anything from IONetworkingFamily.kext.

Good luck.

To make network card work in 10.5.7 simply add ven/dev id to original kext from 10.5.7 :) Of course with DSDT override. I think that You don't need to delete anything from IONetworkingFamily.kext.

Good luck.

Do you add any code for ethernet card in DSDT? Or you just apply DSDT override? Just for confirmation because base on your previous post that you only add code for GMA950 in DSDT.

kizwan

Hi! Please someone help me with lan! Notebook Toshiba m100-179.

Sound: Alc861 (works)

Video: X1400 (works without drivers)

Wlan: intel 3945 (doesn't work. As i know it haven't normal drivers yet)

Lan: Intel Pro 10/100 vm (not ve). Device ID: 1093 8086

I tried to install:

Jas 10.4.8 (installation doesn't start)

Kalyway 10.5.2 ( Sound and Lan doesn't work)

Universal OsX86 (it writes INSTAhackintosh during install. Same problem with sound and Lan)

iPc 10.5.6 - sound works, but lan no.

Once, after one more reinstalling (i checked Intel 3945 and IOfamily.....) There were ethernet in "network"! As i understand it was Wlan, but not Lan)

Lan doesn't show in "network".

I tried to check "Intel pro 100 ve" during installation - doesn't help.

Modify info.plist with device id - doesn't help.

Tried tostep's archive with info.plist - doesn't help

I've downloaded many IONetworkinfamily.kext and intel8255.. - nothing helped.

I can't even see ethernet in network after any of this actions!!!! Only firewire

What more can i try? Is it really work on OsX?!

Now i'm downloading iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 - is there any way to solve this problem there?

Maybe, i do something wrong..

Someone, please explain me how to make it work step by step!! ( i'm a little newbie in it ;) )

Sorry 4 my english!

Hi! Please someone help me with lan! Notebook Toshiba m100-179.

Sound: Alc861 (works)

Video: X1400 (works without drivers)

Wlan: intel 3945 (doesn't work. As i know it haven't normal drivers yet)

Lan: Intel Pro 10/100 vm (not ve). Device ID: 1093 8086...

Hi.. Take a look at my signature.. maybe you'll find something useful.

I see your adapter is VM (not VE) but, it doesn't hurt to check.

Stay safe :)