Intel PRO/100 VE NIC

catracho

333 posts in this topic

Hi. I followed the instructions. But instead of screenshot I attach System Profiler export file.

Thanks for help!

With great respect, jazzminos.

Hi jazzminos,

Sorry, I can't figure out what is wrong. ;) The kext is loadable if we load it manually & no error with dependencies. The device should be initialize when the kext loaded but it did not happen.

I'll let you know if I found something later.

kizwan

I hv a Dimession 9100 desktop with Intel PRO/100 VE and managed to get it connected to Internet.

I was installing iPC 10.5.6 and here is what I did,

1. Enable built-in audio;

2.Choose not to install Intel PRO/100 VE during installation;

3. Remove AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins

4. Add device id (0x27dc8086) into /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/Info.plist and change the first 0xfff0ffff to 0xffffffff.

5. rm -Rv /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

6. kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

7. diskutil repairPermissions /

reboot and it's working now...

But there is still a panic issue after using Mac for a few minutes...

I'm using Intel D946GZIS and i followed this and it worked. i didnt follow step 1, installed iPC 10.5.6 without audio nor ethernet.

and device ID is 0x10948086

i don't have kernel panic issue though.

Hi to everyone i have a Intel 946 GZIS motherboard with Intel PRO/100 VE with ID 0x10948086

Im posting this old kext from 10.4.6, that worked for me

I am using iDeneb 10.5.6 v1.4 installed in GPT partition 1.0.12 Chamaleon and using this kernel:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

so if to someone this enables Networking say thanks....

Standard discaimer applies: Im not responsible for anything, but i will try to help if i know how.....

Also if someone knows a fix for Sigmatel 9227 PM me thanks...!!!!

------------------------------------

Intel PRO/100 VE 1056 Ready

IONetworkingFamily.kext_10.5.6_WORKING.zip

Hi Everyone

here is the AppleIntel8255x.kext you will need. I have it zipped along with installation instructions.

The AppleIntel8255x.kext now allows me to use my Intel Pro/100 VE NIC which is running the

82557 Chipset.

If it doesn't work for you usual disclaimers apply! Don't Blame me for trying!

I do hope it helps.

I can confirm your instructions works...

didnt have to mess with the device or vender ID

THANKS!!!

now I need to make my wireless Linksys WMP54G to work on my OSX (iPC 10.5.6), anyone have any idea please PM me, thanks!

I can confirm your instructions works...

didnt have to mess with the device or vender ID

Share your working kext, please.

Friends... I tried ABSOLUTELY every recipe... But something prevents driver from being loaded. I don't know what... I need help from somebody who can look deeper into the driver, kernel and so on.

Thanks for all who tried to help!

Hi, I actually managed to install the NIC, but my computer freezes every time I download something, right when the download is finished, my computer will freeze.

It freezes on other occasions too though...but the above was pretty obvious.

I tried to download msn messenger for mac 3 times, it freezes at the end all 3 times..

anyone have a solution to this?

Hello,

The kext of UltraHKR is working for me... BUT only one time... After a reboot it won't work anytime... In the networkpreferences is the ethernet "red" and it says "the networkcable is not plugged in"... I tried to reinstall the kext, but I never got it working twice... It works only after a reinstall of the system - also only one time :wacko:

I'm using iPC 10.5.6

My system: HP Pavillion s7749.de

Intel C2D 1,73 GHz

S-ATA-HDD 320 GB

1 GB RAM

Intel Pro 100 VE ethernet - IOPCIMatch: 0x27DC8086

Intel ICH 7 -chipset

Are there any solutions for my problem?

Felix

Hi to everyone i have a Intel 946 GZIS motherboard with Intel PRO/100 VE with ID 0x10948086

Im posting this old kext from 10.4.6, that worked for me

I am using iDeneb 10.5.6 v1.4 installed in GPT partition 1.0.12 Chamaleon and using this kernel:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

so if to someone this enables Networking say thanks....

Standard discaimer applies: Im not responsible for anything, but i will try to help if i know how.....

Also if someone knows a fix for Sigmatel 9227 PM me thanks...!!!!

------------------------------------

Intel PRO/100 VE 1056 Ready

This kext helped me after I lost Ethernet on my 10.5.6 install.

I am on a Dell Dimension 4600 with Pentium 4 2.8ghz.

Thanks.

Hi, I´ve an HP Pavilion dv6265us with Intel PRO/100 Id 0x10928086 and when I upgrade it from 10.5.4 to 10.5.6 (fresh install) the network card do not work any more. I´ve try any kext but not solve the problem, Can some help me? Thanks

uname -a

Darwin fedesan-mac-pro.local 9.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Sat Dec 6 19:39:54 IST 2008; Voodoo; Release 1.0 :xnu-1228.7.58/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

Hi, I´ve an HP Pavilion dv6265us with Intel PRO/100 Id 0x10928086 and when I upgrade it from 10.5.4 to 10.5.6 (fresh install) the network card do not work any more. I´ve try any kext but not solve the problem, Can some help me? Thanks

uname -a

Darwin fedesan-mac-pro.local 9.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Sat Dec 6 19:39:54 IST 2008; Voodoo; Release 1.0 :xnu-1228.7.58/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

Same problem here, have tried every .kext I could find and it's like it doesn't even want to recognize it. And I have the same ID 1092

Running on Toshiba Satellite A100-036

Chun-Nan's IOPCIFamily.kext was a no go. It gets loaded along with IONetworkingFamily and AppleIntel8255x.kext but nothing is showing in System Preferences -> Network

LSPCI lists the network card as there, but other than that I don't know how to check to see whether the system actually knows it's there.

dmesg has nothing about it not being able to load or anything networking related. There are some PCI address lines that weren't there before which assume is from adding the IOPCIFamily kext.

I am running Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel as the others cause problems with ACPI kextions missing and such. Could the kernel be an issue? I noticed that people who have gotten it to work use 9.2.0

Edit: I should probably mention that I am running iDeneb 1.4 (Mac OSX 10.5.6) with the above kernel on an Intel 945 Chipset and network device id 0x10928086

To kizwan

Hi. We have discussed this few posts earlier. If You remember, I published all logs. The problem is still unsolved. It seems that we need help with correcting the driver. The existing driver sometimes works and sometimes does not. Unfortunately I have to use 10.5.5 now. I can't update to 10.5.6. I even can't install iWork 09 because it requires 10.5.6 :) I think that this problem is not kernel specific - I used Voodoo 9.5.0 and newest stock kernel.

Waiting for help. I'm ready to start testing and saving logs again. :)

To kizwan

Hi. We have discussed this few posts earlier. If You remember, I published all logs. The problem is still unsolved. It seems that we need help with correcting the driver. The existing driver sometimes works and sometimes does not. Unfortunately I have to use 10.5.5 now. I can't update to 10.5.6. I even can't install iWork 09 because it requires 10.5.6 :) I think that this problem is not kernel specific - I used Voodoo 9.5.0 and newest stock kernel.

Waiting for help. I'm ready to start testing and saving logs again. :)

jazzminos,

Yeah....I do remember, vaguely. :) Unfortunately, I don't have the same hardware, so it is difficult to troubleshoot the problem. I will try to look to your logs file again & I'll let you know what we can test.

EDIT: Did you installed any patched regarding ACPI or power management when you installed 10.5.6?

kizwan

EDIT: Did you installed any patched regarding ACPI or power management when you installed 10.5.6?

Hi, thanks for reply. First I installed 10.5.5 iAtkos 5i with:

1. Voodoo kernel 9.5.0

2. ACPI x86

3. Disabler kext

And then updated from Apple to 10.5.6. I thought that my problem is related to patched kernel.

Then I installed from the same DVD:

1. stock kernel

2. ACPI x86

3. Disabler kext

4. OpenHalt Restart (stock kernel prevents boot without this kext)

I also installed ACPI kext that enables Battery Management.

In both cases result is the same - "Cable Is Not Plugged In"

Then I installed from the same DVD:

1. stock kernel

2. ACPI x86

3. Disabler kext

4. OpenHalt Restart (stock kernel prevents boot without this kext)

Please try installing 10.5.6 without ACPI patch. It has been reported that ACPI patch can caused some kext failed to load. function properly.

Hi, I can´t still resolve my problem whit My Ethernet card Intel PRO/100 VE in a HP DV6265us whit 10.5.6… if I look in Application – Utilities -- System Profiler I see that the Ethernet card is recognizing for OS but the driver it not installed, I upload a picture whit a capture of my screen… can any help me, I don´t know what more to do… ;)

post-402516-1240510849_thumb.jpg