329 replies to this topic

illsaide

illsaide

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi Everyone

here is the AppleIntel8255x.kext you will need. I have it zipped along with installation instructions.

The AppleIntel8255x.kext now allows me to use my Intel Pro/100 VE NIC which is running the
82557 Chipset.

If it doesn't work for you usual disclaimers apply! Don't Blame me for trying!

I do hope it helps.

i've try this, and no error report, all going normal
but why my ethernet doesn't detected yet?

plz help

thx, sorry my bad english.

ZeeJM

ZeeJM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I discovered two things when testing and using the Intel Pro/100 VE in my HP running JaS 10.5.4

1) I had to put the modified kext in the /System/Library/Extensions folder. If I simply modified the info.plist for the AppleIntel8255x.kext that lives deep down in the IONetworkingFamily.kext package I couldn't get the kext to load properly.

2) My machine has an NVidia graphics chipset. I ran into a conflict using titan and natit in conjunction with a loaaded AppleIntel8255x.kext that would cause instabilitiy. My solution was to use NVKush instead.

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:At the moment, OSx86.. In general, music, audiophile, computers.. to much to mention...
Well..i'm new in the house and this is my first post..let's see..
After reading all this thread and testing this on Kalyway 10.5.2 and iDeneb/JaS 10.5.4 i must say that you don't need to select the intel pro/100 ve driver at the time of installing the system.It's installing and activating by default..you only need to add the device id.If you select the driver at install,there will be another AppleIntel8255x.kext in the sistem and,that's why the patch does not work.Check the the /System/Library/Extensions for a AppleIntel8255x.kext and erase it.The one you need is in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext.
Some times when i reboot from windows or another partition,i have "cable unpluged",but untill today allways comes back after rebooting with -v or -v -f... :censored2:
Case closed!..i think..
Thanks for all the help :wacko:

Benjan

Benjan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
So did anybody got intel 82567lm work?

air15

air15

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

I just use the solutions of ASIO:
For the ethernet, just edit /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/info.plist by adding 0x27dc8086 under IOPCIMatch. And /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel82845.kext (or something similar) must be removed to get AppleIntel8255x.kext loaded.

Later delete Extensions.mkext from /System/Library. Run Disk Utility, repair & Re-boot.

And ETHERNET Works!!

THX in advanced.

I Use Kallyway 10.5.2 on a MoBo Intel 945GTP :)

D-Mist

D-Mist

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Website designing, 2D/3D Graphics Modeling/Animations, Mac OS X, Hackintoshing, Computer tech, V...
Thanks caladan for this awesome job. I just downloaded your kext for installation into my friend's toshiba laptop. I will get back to you about the result but I have a strong believe that it will work.

Thanks again man. It is for because of people like u that we are still using OS X86. Thanks once again.

Mamun Bangladesh

Mamun Bangladesh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hi Everyone

here is the AppleIntel8255x.kext you will need. I have it zipped along with installation instructions.

The AppleIntel8255x.kext now allows me to use my Intel Pro/100 VE NIC which is running the
82557 Chipset.

I do hope it helps.

After 2 weeks in hell finaly my network card works, Thanks man, really thanks, u save my life.

RaZer0r

RaZer0r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Whoohoow I got this card working using:

My vendor and nic ID ( 1092 and 8086)
I added those in the kext plist, and changed the first 0xffff0fff to 0xffffffff ^^
Now it says connected and such instead of saying "Cable Disconnected" All the time.

(using osx86 10.5.4 (updating to 10.5.5 right now to check if that works too) )

EDIT: Well it seems i shouldn't have done the update to 10.5.5 as it gives me a kernel error on my HPET's :D
Kernel panic all the way so I'll just keep it to the 10.5.4 version i'm running right now :P

Chovija!

Chovija!

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Download this kext:
http://forum.insanel...t...st&id=23631

Do this:
1. Extract the files. Open Terminal.
2. sudo -s
3. cd /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/
4. mv AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext 8254X.orig
5. rm -Rv AppleIntel8255x.kext
6. cd back to extracted files
7. chown -R root:wheel AppleIntel8255x.kext
8. chmod -R 755 AppleIntel8255x.kext
9. cp -R AppleIntel8255x.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/
10. open Network Panel in System Preferences. The NIC should be there. If not:
11. cd /System/Library/
12. rm -Rv Extensions.mkext
13. diskutil repairPermissions /
14. reboot
That should do it....NIC should be in the Network panel when the desktop returns.

Many Thanks "time ed".
This Worked Perfect for mi Desktop HP dx2300 , with iDeneb v 1.3. 10.5.5.
Same LAN ICH7 - 27dc8086
Chovija.!

suds

suds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I installed kext and it worked.

Thanks man.

vakakush

vakakush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Hi Everyone

82557 Chipset.

I do hope it helps.

:lol: thanks caladan1810 i have intel 945 gnt motherboard with intel pro100ve network card device and vendor id 8086:27dc running ideneb 10.5.4 with Darwin 9.4.0 kernel your kext is working 100% can you share what you have modified in kext to make it work. :D :D :D :D : D: D million thanks soon i will upload a intelpro100ve.pkg for ideneb..... with your logo ....

jimilee

jimilee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks Caladan10810,you're the man. My ethernet card disappeared after I did an update. The key is to clear the cache. Post 2 doesn't mention that I think.
-Jimi Lee
Singlecore Emachine 2.8 ghz and a gig of ram!

Hi Everyone

82557 Chipset.

I do hope it helps.

dwgel

dwgel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, DVD Videos, Watching Movies, Gaming

Hi Everyone

82557 Chipset.

I do hope it helps.

I installed this onto my computer. I am using a Dell Dimension 9100 Pentium 4 Hyper Threading 3 gigahertz. It came with the integrated Intel Pro/100 VE Network Connection, as Windows XP refers to it.

My question is, does your kext require a specific CPU chipset? I seem to be unable to get this to work even though it says the kext loaded successfully.

What is the 82557 Chipset?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

bmxrider379

bmxrider379

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Don't know if this has already been posted didn't read whole thread easy was without using vi copy the plist to your desktop, edit with the xcode tools plist editor, open terminal and cp file. note account must have a password.

P a r a d o x

P a r a d o x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a Dell GX280, and it's running Kalyway 10.5.2 Very Well, only with no internet.
I had some problems with the built in NIC with this computer... the installer would freeze before it even booted if I had it enabled, and Leopard still freezes on boot, if I enable it in the BIOS.
I put in a PCI Ethernet card, to try and solve the problem... however it may not freeze leopard, it still does not work.

Windows Information Devices:
Built in NIC:
Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1677&SUBSYS_01791028&REV_01\4&1D7EFF9E&0&00E0

PCI Ethernet Interface:
CNet PRO200WL PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter:
PCI\VEN_1282&DEV_9102&SUBSYS_434E4554&REV_31\4&10416D21&0&00F0

Please Help!
I would just like to get one of these devices working in Leopard!
The computer runs everything else in it very well.

chip22

chip22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I installed this onto my computer. I am using a Dell Dimension 9100 Pentium 4 Hyper Threading 3 gigahertz. It came with the integrated Intel Pro/100 VE Network Connection, as Windows XP refers to it.

My question is, does your kext require a specific CPU chipset? I seem to be unable to get this to work even though it says the kext loaded successfully.

What is the 82557 Chipset?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

HI, dwgel. I have the same configuration like you. I try to install AppleIntel8255x.kext with OSX86 Tools Utility. But after system says kext loaded successfully and restart my ethernet is Cable unplagged . You make something else to install kext?
Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Drkovorkian

Drkovorkian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello!

I have a dell dimension 3100, with an intergrated intel pro/100 ve network card, I've successfull installed iDenab 1.5.
But the system does not recognize my ethernet card at all, does not show up in th networking preferance pane. I've tried various things with kexts, including downloading the intel8255 one, and trying to use the IOnetworkfamily thing. Anyone got any advice for me

cheers

codetiger

codetiger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have iatkos 5i installed on my PC. The new 10.5.5 Os version.

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
Intel 945 GCCR Motherboard
nVidia 8600 GT 512 Mb Graphics Accelerator card
Intel Pro 100 VE Network Adapter
Sound Cards Etc

After 7 to 9 reinstalls, I finally managed to boot the system in. Now that my Network adapter gives good pain.

I tried adding the vendor id into the xml file and did few other things said in forums but nothing helped my PC so far. Since I dont have internet on Mac, And am going to use it for development, Its a real pain. ;(

mrgee

mrgee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Hi Everyone

82557 Chipset.

I do hope it helps.

Hi.. Sorry but I cannot find any instructions within the zip file.. Can you perhaps just list them..
Thanks

mongobread

mongobread

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Same Problem here...
Intel Core 2 Duo
D946GZIS Mother board
we have almost identical board, and the same Intel Pro 100 VE netcard, I've done everything too from insanelymac, and elsewhere.

I've tried all the steps, including adding -f during boots, nothing happens.
I hope this board uses realtek8139 NIC. lol

Anyhelp out there?

http://mongobread.blogspot.com

I have iatkos 5i installed on my PC. The new 10.5.5 Os version.

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
Intel 945 GCCR Motherboard
nVidia 8600 GT 512 Mb Graphics Accelerator card
Intel Pro 100 VE Network Adapter
Sound Cards Etc

After 7 to 9 reinstalls, I finally managed to boot the system in. Now that my Network adapter gives good pain.

I tried adding the vendor id into the xml file and did few other things said in forums but nothing helped my PC so far. Since I dont have internet on Mac, And am going to use it for development, Its a real pain. ;(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy