Intel PRO/100 VE NIC

catracho

333 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone

here is the AppleIntel8255x.kext you will need. I have it zipped along with installation instructions.

The AppleIntel8255x.kext now allows me to use my Intel Pro/100 VE NIC which is running the

82557 Chipset.

If it doesn't work for you usual disclaimers apply! Don't Blame me for trying!

I do hope it helps.

:lol: thanks caladan1810 i have intel 945 gnt motherboard with intel pro100ve network card device and vendor id 8086:27dc running ideneb 10.5.4 with Darwin 9.4.0 kernel your kext is working 100% can you share what you have modified in kext to make it work. :D:D :D :D : D: D million thanks soon i will upload a intelpro100ve.pkg for ideneb..... with your logo ....

Thanks Caladan10810,you're the man. My ethernet card disappeared after I did an update. The key is to clear the cache. Post 2 doesn't mention that I think.

-Jimi Lee

Singlecore Emachine 2.8 ghz and a gig of ram!

Hi Everyone

here is the AppleIntel8255x.kext you will need. I have it zipped along with installation instructions.

The AppleIntel8255x.kext now allows me to use my Intel Pro/100 VE NIC which is running the

82557 Chipset.

I do hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone

82557 Chipset.

I do hope it helps.

I installed this onto my computer. I am using a Dell Dimension 9100 Pentium 4 Hyper Threading 3 gigahertz. It came with the integrated Intel Pro/100 VE Network Connection, as Windows XP refers to it.

My question is, does your kext require a specific CPU chipset? I seem to be unable to get this to work even though it says the kext loaded successfully.

What is the 82557 Chipset?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

I have a Dell GX280, and it's running Kalyway 10.5.2 Very Well, only with no internet.

I had some problems with the built in NIC with this computer... the installer would freeze before it even booted if I had it enabled, and Leopard still freezes on boot, if I enable it in the BIOS.

I put in a PCI Ethernet card, to try and solve the problem... however it may not freeze leopard, it still does not work.

Windows Information Devices:

Built in NIC:

Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1677&SUBSYS_01791028&REV_01\4&1D7EFF9E&0&00E0

PCI Ethernet Interface:

CNet PRO200WL PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter:

PCI\VEN_1282&DEV_9102&SUBSYS_434E4554&REV_31\4&10416D21&0&00F0

Please Help!

I would just like to get one of these devices working in Leopard!

The computer runs everything else in it very well.

I installed this onto my computer. I am using a Dell Dimension 9100 Pentium 4 Hyper Threading 3 gigahertz. It came with the integrated Intel Pro/100 VE Network Connection, as Windows XP refers to it.

My question is, does your kext require a specific CPU chipset? I seem to be unable to get this to work even though it says the kext loaded successfully.

What is the 82557 Chipset?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

HI, dwgel. I have the same configuration like you. I try to install AppleIntel8255x.kext with OSX86 Tools Utility. But after system says kext loaded successfully and restart my ethernet is ”Cable unplagged” . You make something else to install kext?

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Hello!

I have a dell dimension 3100, with an intergrated intel pro/100 ve network card, I've successfull installed iDenab 1.5.

But the system does not recognize my ethernet card at all, does not show up in th networking preferance pane. I've tried various things with kexts, including downloading the intel8255 one, and trying to use the IOnetworkfamily thing. Anyone got any advice for me

cheers

I have iatkos 5i installed on my PC. The new 10.5.5 Os version.

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU

Intel 945 GCCR Motherboard

nVidia 8600 GT 512 Mb Graphics Accelerator card

Intel Pro 100 VE Network Adapter

Sound Cards Etc

After 7 to 9 reinstalls, I finally managed to boot the system in. Now that my Network adapter gives good pain.

I tried adding the vendor id into the xml file and did few other things said in forums but nothing helped my PC so far. Since I dont have internet on Mac, And am going to use it for development, Its a real pain. ;(

Hi Everyone

82557 Chipset.

I do hope it helps.

Hi.. Sorry but I cannot find any instructions within the zip file.. Can you perhaps just list them..

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Same Problem here...

Intel Core 2 Duo

D946GZIS Mother board

we have almost identical board, and the same Intel Pro 100 VE netcard, I've done everything too from insanelymac, and elsewhere.

I've tried all the steps, including adding -f during boots, nothing happens.

I hope this board uses realtek8139 NIC. lol

Anyhelp out there?

http://mongobread.blogspot.com

I have iatkos 5i installed on my PC. The new 10.5.5 Os version.

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU

Intel 945 GCCR Motherboard

nVidia 8600 GT 512 Mb Graphics Accelerator card

Intel Pro 100 VE Network Adapter

Sound Cards Etc

After 7 to 9 reinstalls, I finally managed to boot the system in. Now that my Network adapter gives good pain.

I tried adding the vendor id into the xml file and did few other things said in forums but nothing helped my PC so far. Since I dont have internet on Mac, And am going to use it for development, Its a real pain. ;(

I have success using this tip.

You have to know your vendor and device id, in my case it's 1094 8086 so 0x10948086.

Indeed a big woohoo...

Visit my guides on osx and iphone sdk installation

http://coffeeandpeanuts.blogspot.com

Same Problem here...

Intel Core 2 Duo

D946GZIS Mother board

we have almost identical board, and the same Intel Pro 100 VE netcard, I've done everything too from insanelymac, and elsewhere.

I've tried all the steps, including adding -f during boots, nothing happens.

I hope this board uses realtek8139 NIC. lol

Anyhelp out there?

Many thanks to everyone specially time ed,

:wacko:

My Network adapter is intel pro/100 VE.and I am runing 10.5.6 updated from 10.5.5.

I got AppleIntel8255x.kext from here.

then open kext info.plst from AppleIntel8255x.kext/contents.and add mine device and vendor id(in my case it was 0x10928086).

then go to System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

add modified AppleIntel8255x.kext.I have deleted older AppleIntel8255x.kext residing there.

then remove extentions.mkext ,Open DiskUtility, and perform permission repair, reboot machine.

then I went to System Preferences/Extensions.AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext was loaded.I deleted this kext from System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ and did all those steps again(remove extention.mkext then Open DiskUtility, and perform permission repair, reboot machine).

cheers my internet is working. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

The above didn't work for me. I installed iPC OS X 10.5.6 on my HP Pavillion dv8000 laptop (actually a dv8327us, according to the sticker on the bottom), and everything worked beautifully except the onboard ethernet. The WiFi just isn't supported at all, of course, but they've been working on a driver for it for over a year. The wired Intel Pro/100 VE though, which has worked on every version of OSX I've put on this thing, just didn't show up anymore.

I messed with it for a week or so, scouring these forums and the web in general, trying everything I could think of, then finally ended up installing iATKOS 5i (OS X 10.5.5), which supported the card nicely. I'd recommend that if you happen to own one of these laptops.

That particular install didn't seem to like the nVidia GeForce 7600 Go that this laptop sports, but popping the iPC disc in afterwards and installing just the NVDarwin 256 driver gets CI and QE working in full hardware-accelerated splendor.

I've yet to update this install to 10.5.6, but that's my next step. I won't be surprised if that breaks my networking again :D

Good luck with yours.

Edit:

The 10.5.6 Upgrade went right in, no problems at all. The iATKOS distribution is amazing. Well done, guys. Networking still works, I still have CI/QE working, everything's great. They know what they're doing in Turkey, it seems. Thanks!

One other thing, if someone's trying to install OSX on this laptop -- the iPC disc also includes a patched USB driver that'll enable High Speed USB for you -- install that too. Its also a good source for Language packs, as these aren't included in the iATKOS disc.

• 2 weeks later...

I hv a Dimession 9100 desktop with Intel PRO/100 VE and managed to get it connected to Internet.

I was installing iPC 10.5.6 and here is what I did,

1. Enable built-in audio;

2.Choose not to install Intel PRO/100 VE during installation;

3. Remove AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins

4. Add device id (0x27dc8086) into /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/Info.plist and change the first 0xfff0ffff to 0xffffffff.

5. rm -Rv /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

6. kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

7. diskutil repairPermissions /

reboot and it's working now...

But there is still a panic issue after using Mac for a few minutes...

Hi Everyone

82557 Chipset.

I do hope it helps.

Many thanks to everyone specially time ed,

:D

My Network adapter is intel pro/100 VE.and I am runing 10.5.6 updated from 10.5.5.

I got AppleIntel8255x.kext from here.

then open kext info.plst from AppleIntel8255x.kext/contents.and add mine device and vendor id(in my case it was 0x10928086).

then go to System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

add modified AppleIntel8255x.kext.I have deleted older AppleIntel8255x.kext residing there.

then remove extentions.mkext ,Open DiskUtility, and perform permission repair, reboot machine.

then I went to System Preferences/Extensions.AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext was loaded.I deleted this kext from System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ and did all those steps again(remove extention.mkext then Open DiskUtility, and perform permission repair, reboot machine).

cheers my internet is working. :thumbsup_anim:

The link from this post is dead. Please, share it once again (simply put on rapidshare or mediafire). Thanks.

Hi, Guys!

My computer model is Toshiba Satellite A100-784 PSAANE. It is running under iDeneb 10.5.6

Here is the list of hardware which I get with osx86tools:

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub [8086:27a0] (rev 03)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27a2] (rev 03)

00:02.1 Display controller [0380]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27a6] (rev 03)

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 02)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:27d0] (rev 02)

00:1c.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 2 [8086:27d2] (rev 02)

00:1c.2 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 3 [8086:27d4] (rev 02)

00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:27c8] (rev 02)

00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:27c9] (rev 02)

00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:27ca] (rev 02)

00:1d.3 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:27cb] (rev 02)

00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller [8086:27cc] (rev 02)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge [8086:2448] (rev e2)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Bridge [8086:27b9] (rev 02)

00:1f.2 IDE interface [0101]: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family) SATA IDE Controller [8086:27c4] (rev 02)

00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller [8086:27da] (rev 02)

05:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection [8086:4222] (rev 02)

07:06.0 CardBus bridge [0607]: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller [104c:8039]

07:06.1 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller [104c:803a]

07:06.2 Mass storage controller [0180]: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD) [104c:803b]

07:06.3 SD Host controller [0805]: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller [104c:803c]

07:08.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation PRO/100 VE Network Connection [8086:1092] (rev 02)

Working: Video, Audio, Bluetooth

Do not working: Lan, Wi-fi, pcmcia, cardreader

Can anybody help me to make “do not working parts” work?

to mrigank

Absolutely NO success :( I have the same device/vendor id as You have... I have upgraded from 10.5.5 iATKOS to 10.5.6 same as You did. But nothing helps - "cable unplugged" message is all I have. It seems that there is no universally working solution :( I did ALLthe steps You did: deleted kexts, deleted Extensions.mkext, repaired permissions at EVERY step, even cleared all possible caches with OnyX. Nothing helps. Kext has "loaded" state... But something doesn't work. When I tried this for the first time I thought that the problem is with the kernel (I had Voodoo kernel), but now I did everything with stock kernel... I updated CardBus/PCMCIA PC Cards for Leopard... But... no success at all.

to morane

Some of the problems are solved here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=81036

We are waiting for WiFi here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...amp;start=3320#

To jazzminos

Have you tried to boot with -f.In my case when I was booting with -f it was some time working some time not then I checked extension loaded.as we don't need AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext.Do check out if this kext is loaded as if this is loaded then ethernet would not work.

Try to check which slot your card is using.below link will help as mine was also not working.

To morane

Try this thread for PCIMCIA

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...1036&st=500

No success... But let's look at the picture. PCI information tells us that system knows about Ethernet adapter, but NO DRIVER LOADED!

Hi jazzminos,

Where do you put the AppleIntel8255x.kext file? Was it in this directory:-

(1) /System/Library/Extensions/

or

(2) /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

If you put in (1), did you remove the original AppleIntel8255x.kext located in (2)?

Try to load manually while you're in OS X:-

kextload -tv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel8255x.kext

or

kextload -tv /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext

Post the message back here.

Good luck. :)

kizwan

Hi! Thanks for reply.

Where do you put the AppleIntel8255x.kext file? Was it in this directory:-

(1) /System/Library/Extensions/

or

(2) /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

I tried both.

If you put in (1), did you remove the original AppleIntel8255x.kext located in (2)?

Yes, I did it.

Try to load manually while you're in OS X:-

kextload -tv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel8255x.kext

or

kextload -tv /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext

The result is the same in both cases. BUT in case I load AppleIntel8255x.kext included in IONetworkingFamily.kext it is not located in loaded extensions in System Profiler. And when I load it individually it exists in the loaded extensions list.

I attach results of manual loading.

I suppose that problems may happen because of some drivers in Power management... I'll try to install PowerManagement.bundle... Patched one may have been replaced during update.

With great respect, jazzminos.

Terminal_Saved_Output1.txt

I attach results of manual loading.

I suppose that problems may happen because of some drivers in Power management... I'll try to install PowerManagement.bundle... Patched one may have been replaced during update.

With great respect, jazzminos.

Hi jazzminos,

It look like there is no problem with dependencies. Can you try this one last thing? I need you to boot with "-s" (singe-user mode) & when the terminal prompt appear, please input this commands (press Enter after each command):-

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
kextcache -a i386 -m /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
reboot

This is to rebuild Extensions.mkext. After reboot, please open Terminal program & execute this commands:-

sudo -s
dmesg > ~/Desktop/dmesg_jazzminos.txt

Post that file back here. If you want, you can include screenshot of your System Profiler (Extensions).

Thank you. :thumbsup_anim:

kizwan