Intel PRO/100 VE NIC

catracho

333 posts in this topic

• 4 months later...

Dear @hnak, would you be able to sign this kext for mavericks?

cause were are not able to get the AppleIntel8255.kext loaded successfully in mavericks after subsequent reboots.  When the kext is installed using kext utility it works on initial restart but on next boot it fails to load. The kext has been added to the AppleKextExcludeList, still it fails to load most of the time (intermittently it does load successfully) .

• 1 month later...

Intel PRO/100 VE works under OS X Lion and Mountain Lion.

Download this kext:

attachicon.gifAppleInt...55x.kext.zip

Unpack it, right click on AppleIntel8255x.kext, Show Package Contents, open file Contents/Info.plist

Find this line and change it to match your card VEN and DEV id:

<string>0x10928086</string>
Go to /System/Library/Extensions/

Remove AppleHPET.kext and after that find IONetworkingFamily.kext

Right click on IONetworkingFamily.kext, Show Package Contents, go to folder /Contents/PlugIns/ and copy here AppleIntel8255x.kext you modified.

...hi, i used this for ethernet on 10.8.3(PentiumD) works great...thanks(and i didn't remove applehpet...)

...just an old box i'm playing with...intel board d945gnt :smoke:  

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Massive thanks to hnak for this: you're an absolute saviour. I just installed Mavericks on an on old Intel PC with an MSI 945G motherboard and everything worked aside from the Intel 82562GZ Ethernet. I'd previously got Ethernet working in Snow Leopard on the same machine and that took a long time, but Mavericks has been a complete nightmare. I spent about six hours trying every kext out there, including the Intel E1000 kexts and various flavours of of 8255x and nothing worked. I gave up and dug out some old PCI wireless cards and discovered Mavericks had dropped support for them too. Then after one more hour of searching I found your post, and I finally have internet access. Brilliant - thanks again.

Dear @hnak, would you be able to sign this kext for mavericks?

cause were are not able to get the AppleIntel8255.kext loaded successfully in mavericks after subsequent reboots.  When the kext is installed using kext utility it works on initial restart but on next boot it fails to load. The kext has been added to the AppleKextExcludeList, still it fails to load most of the time (intermittently it does load successfully) .

Just installed this so not sure what problems I'm going to encounter. Any workarounds for problems loading this kext in Mavericks?

• 3 weeks later...

Massive thanks to hnak for this: you're an absolute saviour. I just installed Mavericks on an on old Intel PC with an MSI 945G motherboard and everything worked aside from the Intel 82562GZ Ethernet. I'd previously got Ethernet working in Snow Leopard on the same machine and that took a long time, but Mavericks has been a complete nightmare. I spent about six hours trying every kext out there, including the Intel E1000 kexts and various flavours of of 8255x and nothing worked. I gave up and dug out some old PCI wireless cards and discovered Mavericks had dropped support for them too. Then after one more hour of searching I found your post, and I finally have internet access. Brilliant - thanks again.

Just installed this so not sure what problems I'm going to encounter. Any workarounds for problems loading this kext in Mavericks?

If it works now, it should work fine mate. I had some injection issues in DSDT and the kext was just fine.