• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

buxter

buxter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

hello everyone! my name is Iulian, i am from Romania and i have trouble with my network card from hp pavilion dv6125ea (dv6000). the network card is intel pro 100ve (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&SUBSYS_30BB103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&SUBSYS_30BB103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&CC_0200). the network card it no appears in system preferences/network. just firewire appears here. tre OS is iatkos v7 (10.5.7).
i try kext utility but he no working. i am beginner in hackintosh and i need a easy way to make my network card working.
thanks a lot!
ps: excuse my englesh.

All I can say is try to boot with -f and if it works just need to move the Networkingfamily.bundle into Extra/Extensions doesn't exist you have to make it. If after you boot with -f and it doesn't show up you need to get Chun-nan's IOPCI kext which fixed it for me. But after reboot it stops working so you have to move the networking family bundle in the extra folder.

That's all I can think of for now.

macblues

macblues

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi All,

Would just like to know how to manually load kext as in " sudo kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel8255x.kext [manually load kext]"

I'm sort of stuck up on here please help.

Thanks

JUST WANTED TO THANK CALADAN1810, 3 YEARS LATER, THIS IS STILL THE FIX THAT WORKED FOR ME - PERFECT, FIRST TIME, AFTER THE OTHERS FAILED!

RUNNING ON A GATEWAY 450SX4

:wacko:

cmise

cmise

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks to Azimutz! I added IONetwokFamily to Extra folder in the root of System disc. And it seems that this helps to make Ethernet kext load properly... I need to test it for some time.

I NEED HELP WITH OVERHEATING PROBLEM! Something stops my fans at boot. This causes my CPU to get 83 degrees... Sometimes fans don't stop at boot, but this is a rare situation... I tried a lot of things... But nothing helps.

Thanks Azimutz & jzaaminos. I have the same problem. now it works well.

thx.

bobane

bobane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I fixed My connection, but now, everytime i reboot i have to re-fix it, does anyone have a solution?

jamba77

jamba77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
YEAH! FINALLY it works! I use iDeneb 10.5.7, with its ´stock ´AppleIntel8255.kext an IONetworkingFamily.kext. then I deleted
AppleHPET.kext! on the next boot, the new Ethernet was recognized!
cheers

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
I modified AppleIntel8255x.kext (10.5.8) to work on 10.6, 32/64bit.

Binary & Source:

http://www.mediafire.com/?abayrhdhjhe

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:At the moment, OSx86.. In general, music, audiophile, computers.. to much to mention...
Yep.. posting from 64 bit kernel & extensions :)
Thanks for the help, hnak.
Hat's off!

Slus

Slus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok guys Ive been at it for a couple of days now and its pissing me off.

I have a 10.6.2 Snow Leopard installed but the internet doesn't work
I have tried many combinations of apple8XXX.kext files and IONetworkingfamily.kext files but nothing seems to work. The connection option is just grayed out and when I click on it, it says no firewire device connected or something and I can get it to work

Somebody have an idea of what can be the problem?
I have a

Intel® PRO/100 VE Network ConnectionPosted Image

Thanks for helping me
Also my SL is installed on another hardrive and I used SnowOSXUniFlash install

StarDust123

StarDust123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hey guys I am running mac OSx 10.5.6, I have the same problem as the original poster had. I used iAtkos, IPC and tried to install mac. it works fine but in the customize I select the Intel 100/ve driver and I followed the instructions but it doesn't seem to work. Is there any way for me to fix the problem? I add the product number and everything into the kext but still doesn't work for some reason. Please add saiperi123@live.com and help me. I am using boot132 as my boot loader and I have uninstalled all OS's before I installed OSx. Please someone help me =/

Bootloader: Boot132
OS installed: None
Motherboard type: ASUS P5LP-LE
Motherboard name: Leonite-GL8E
Ethernet: Intel PRO 100/VE
Wireless: HP 802.ll b/g wireless network adapter by Atheros

WIRELESS DRIVER WILL HELP TOO thanks =)

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:At the moment, OSx86.. In general, music, audiophile, computers.. to much to mention...
Ok.. for the last 2 posters, you guys are missing the most important thing, the device id of the card. Just Intel Pro 100 is not enough, there are lots of models. Read my guide, it's on my signature. If you still have doubts, post but not without the device id ;)

Thanks

StarDust123

StarDust123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Ok.. for the last 2 posters, you guys are missing the most important thing, the device id of the card. Just Intel Pro 100 is not enough, there are lots of models. Read my guide, it's on my signature. If you still have doubts, post but not without the device id ;)

Thanks

I have, I went into the apple and the IO kext and added it but no luck =/

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
How about the device id??
Did you removed the kext iAtkos installed?
Did you read my guide properly?... if you did and followed all the tips, all i can think is AppleIntel8255x.kext is not the driver for your NIC!
That's why we need the device id of the card...

StarDust123

StarDust123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

How about the device id??
Did you removed the kext iAtkos installed?
Did you read my guide properly?... if you did and followed all the tips, all i can think is AppleIntel8255x.kext is not the driver for your NIC!
That's why we need the device id of the card...

Ok i am using a program that is locked on to my HWID atm in a few weeks it will expire so then i will reinstall OSx and try it. thanks for all your help! Hopefully it will work =))

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
yeah, do that. I will try to update the guide this weekend but, it's no promise.
Anyway, it will just be just a restructure.. all stuff to fix the problems i had with this card is there. The rest are good news ;)
ATM is working better than ever, installed to S/L/E, /Extra/Extensions or /Extra/Extensions.mkext, without changing
OSBundleRequired stuff, just adding my dev id (8086:27dc). And on Snow 64 bit thanks to hnak :)

Slus

Slus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My intel pro/100 VE has the device ID 0x27DC8086. When SL installed it didnt have the intel8XXXX.kext so I added one, edited the .plist file of the kext and then used the OSXtools to set permissions to kext and delete kext cache... rebooted and still nothing... what do you think? remember I have 10.6.2

Thnx

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
@Slus.. yep, Apple dumped AppleIntel8255x.kext on Snow. If you're talking about OSxTools from PC... (can't remember his name), don't use it on Snow.
Get the kest on post #266, remove the one you installed, add your dev id to the new kext, put it in /Extra/Extensions folder (you are using Chameleon bootloader, right!? or similar...), reboot. If you want you can make sure the System rebuilds cache; open Terminal and type:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
press return
enter password
press return

Reboot... this is enough for me 32 or 64 bit, same dev id.

StarDust123

StarDust123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
BTW what do you recommend I use? iAtkos, Deneb, iPC? What do you recommend I use and what version do you think I should use? I run a 32 bit system.

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
@StarDust123, sorry still didn't answered your PM.. i'm very busy atm, but i will.
Well, my recommendation depends on your hardware and it will always include "roll up your sleeves and install from retail" :)
If hardware allows, go Snow Leopard! I don't use distros in a long time, the latest i used was JaS10.5.4 when it came out and
that's the one i like most, but it's just for Intel. If you really have to use a distro, that's the one i have to recommend, iDeneb
for Intel/AMD and i'd avoid iAtkos (no time to explain why now)...
But really, go retail... you'll learn more!

StarDust123

StarDust123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Thanks, But I have one problem to go retail. First of all my computer is atleast 2-3 years old and I am not sure if my hardware will support a retail version. And I really dont have the money to build a new computer at the moment :(. Also This is my hardware I am using at the moment in my HP mediacenter m7760n Desktop.

Internal Hard Disks: 500GB SATA hard drive (2 x 250GB) at 7200 RPM
Motherboard: Asus MotherBoard name: P5LP-LE MotherBoard Name: Leonite-GL8E
Video Card: Asus nvidia 9800gt (Bought about a month ago) (also updated the power supply to a Thermaltak 650W)
RAM: 2048MB PC2-4200 memory(2x1024MB for ultimate performance)

I have installed iATKOS v7 or something like that and it installed successful, but sadly I had to uninstall due to the fact I couldn't get any internet up at all (worked on it for 18 hours total about 11 or 12 on installing Mac and rest on Ethernet). But in the end it failed so I had to go back to windows 7 ultimate. And you give me a good bootloader to use and a name of a manufacture (Like iPC or iAtkos) that is at the most recent version my computer can support? Thank you for all your help!

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
ehehe :) my machine is a HP m7730p also a media center machine.. check my signature for the hardware. You are more than ok for a
install from retail. Note that i said "install from retail", not a retail install (as in vanilla install). Vanilla installs are a myth to me! they don't exist!!
To run OS X on a machine other than a Mac, we need at least a decrypter, like fakesmc.kext or old dsmos.kext and AppleDecrypt.kext.. not to mention a bootloader capable of boot the OS on a non EFI machine. That's not vanilla.. vanilla is on Mac's!!!
Core2Duo or Pentium D, on that machine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy