Intel PRO/100 VE NIC

catracho

333 posts in this topic

@Braddman,

i figure you're running Snow, it doesn't have AppleIntel8255x.kext. Make sure you don't have any other AppleIntel8255x.kext in S/L/E and use the ones on my guide.. the links are at the top of the page. If you do are on Snow and running 64 bit, you need the Snow version, fixed by @hnak.

Follow the guide patiently, cover all possibilities that can screw with you, they are several... it was made thinking on Leo but the procedure is the same.

It doesn't get easier than this, you know.. it's just edit a plist or two and install a kext.

The device id is the same as mine so, it must work... can't say that you did anything wrong, from the info :rolleyes:

p.s.: forgot the install doubt.. use terminal to install:

sudo cp /blabla.kext /S/L/E
sudo chown -R 0:0 /S/L/E/blabla.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /S/L/E/blabla.kext
sudo touch /S/L/E

@Braddman,

i figure you're running Snow, it doesn't have AppleIntel8255x.kext. Make sure you don't have any other AppleIntel8255x.kext in S/L/E and use the ones on my guide.. the links are at the top of the page. If you do are on Snow and running 64 bit, you need the Snow version, fixed by @hnak.

Follow the guide patiently, cover all possibilities that can screw with you, they are several... it was made thinking on Leo but the procedure is the same.

It doesn't get easier than this, you know.. it's just edit a plist or two and install a kext.

The device id is the same as mine so, it must work... can't say that you did anything wrong, from the info :(

p.s.: forgot the install doubt.. use terminal to install:

sudo cp /blabla.kext /S/L/E
sudo chown -R 0:0 /S/L/E/blabla.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /S/L/E/blabla.kext
sudo touch /S/L/E

I'm using Leopard 10.5.6 because it's the only version I could get to install on this machine. I've tried this about 20 times in a row and only gotten it to work once. I've used terminal, Kext Helper, etc, no luck at all. I was stupid enough to try and do software update after it worked the one time, and it never worked again (that's after reinstalling Leopard from scratch over and over. In other words, it didn't work, so I reinstall, try the kext again, and no luck.)

I tried both the IONetworking kext, and just using the 8255 kext alone. The ony time it worked was just editing the original 8255 kext and not using IONetworking at all. I haven't been able to repeat that ever.

@Braddman,

10.5.6 should have AppleIntel8255x.kext inside IONetworkingFamily.kext plugins folder! The driver was only dumped on Snow, 10.6 and on.

So, you can follow the guide to the letter.. it has to work. You are missing something...

Try the Extra folder approach; if you don't know how to deal with it, take time to learn.. can't help you on that, too busy now.

@Braddman,

10.5.6 should have AppleIntel8255x.kext inside IONetworkingFamily.kext plugins folder! The driver was only dumped on Snow, 10.6 and on.

So, you can follow the guide to the letter.. it has to work. You are missing something...

Try the Extra folder approach; if you don't know how to deal with it, take time to learn.. can't help you on that, too busy now.

So check this out, what happened next. I never got this working, so I decided to scrap this machine and put Windows XP back on it and redeploy it at work. So I put Windows XP on, and install the drivers for the Intel 100, and the thing won't obtain an IP address. I tried reinstalling the driver over and over, no go. It says the cable is plugged in, but it just won't work. So I thought, well let me try Windows 7. I installed windows 7, same thing. The adapter is detected, and it won't obtain an IP address. The weird thing is at the bootup, the Intel boot agent says it cannot initialize the boot agent because the adapter configuration is incorrect.

This all happened only after I did the software updates. The thing worked perfectly before. Do you think there's a chance the airport updates screwed up the chip?

Hum.. Airport is for wireless network, we're talking about wired, right!?

I don't have wireless so, i never used Airport.. i disable the agent every update; but, never had problems with it.

Don't know for sure if it can screw up anything but, don't think so.

Check bios settings first... then, suspect of the hardware, if you still can't make it work on windows.

Hum.. Airport is for wireless network, we're talking about wired, right!?

I don't have wireless so, i never used Airport.. i disable the agent every update; but, never had problems with it.

Don't know for sure if it can screw up anything but, don't think so.

Check bios settings first... then, suspect of the hardware, if you still can't make it work on windows.

It's definitely enabled in the bios, and I haven't changed anything in the bios ever..dunno, it worked before that software update then it just said cable unplugged for one reboot, then never worked again.

Don't know what to say :D All the problems i faced with this NIC/driver are on that guide!

I'm out of ideas.

Well this will help those who are installing .Kext files (Kext Helper) Just install it then drag and drop the kext file view the first image... Download all your needed kext files extract it using stuffexpander or winrar whatever you have and drag and drop the kext file in it select easy install enter your password when promped to and after the install reboot and your good to go, Pass it around

post-601438-1276697359_thumb.png

Kext_Helper_b7.zip

• 1 month later...

I installed OSx86 v10.5.8 via the iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 Lite Edition disc. Everything works, except the built-in ethernet. I've tried all the guides in this thread with no luck. My computer is a Gateway MX8734 laptop, and yes, i'm a noob. I've been trying for years to get my Intel PRO/100 VE card working. If someone can lead me through the steps to get this card working on my system, I would be forever greatful.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Dell Dimension 4700 with Snow Leopard 10.6.4 installed. I have full QE/CI support on the onboard GMA900. Sound is working (just Line Out and Mic In) with Azailia kext. All I need now is to get networking enabled. Once that is done, I intend to write a nice detailed install guide for this system. I did a retail vanilla install and using Chameleon RC4 bootloader.

I don't know what I did, but after installing the AppleIntel8255x.kext and adding my device id and running kextload, my network was working. I got a dhcp lease and was able to access the internet. I restarted and now it isn't working anymore, my network adapter no longer shows up in System Preferences or System Profiler. Doing a kextload results in no change.

Ethernet:

My DevID is 1064

lspci -vnn says:

Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82562ET/EZ/GT/GZ - PRO/100 VE (LOM) Ethernet Controller [8086:1064] (rev 03)

Subsystem: Dell Device [1028:0181]

Inside /Extra I have:

- dsdt.aml

- smbios.plist

- mach_kernel (legacy 10.4.0)

- com.apple.Boot.plist (only have EHCIacquire Yes)

Inside /System/Library/Extensions I have:

- AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (Patched for res change)

- ElliottAppleIntelGMA950LegacyEnabler.kext (for QE/CI)

- AppleAC97Audio.kext (ADI 1980)

Inside /Extra/Extensions I have:

- fakesmc.kext (v. 2.5 netkas)

- ATAPortInjector.kext (from Chameleon RC4)

- Disabler.kext (from Chameleon RC4)

- SleepEnabler.kext

- PlatformUUID.kext

- OpenHaltRestart.kext

- IOATAFamily.kext (for kernel panic)

Inside /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins I have:'

- AppleIntel8255x.kext (from this forum thread)

Everything else is vanilla.

Has anyone been successful with this specific DevID? Would someone take some time to help me figure this one out. The fact that I had it working for a brief moment really frustrates me.

Hi crazyJAT,

check my signature, there's a link to a a guide with everything i know about this driver; your device id should work with it.

There's some tips there that might help you...

I'm using the one "hnak" fixed for 64 bit, loaded from /Extra/Extensions.mkext, works perfectly :censored2:

Hi crazyJAT,

check my signature, there's a link to a a guide with everything i know about this driver; your device id should work with it.

There's some tips there that might help you...

I'm using the one "hnak" fixed for 64 bit, loaded from /Extra/Extensions.mkext, works perfectly :)

I appreciate the help, however this method did not work for me. The adapter works fine in windows and the device and vendor id is indeed 0x10648086.

I'll keep looking.

crazyJAT,

did you checked if HPET is loading?

Did you try changing OSBundleRequired? Loading the kext from Extra? mkext? like i explain on the guide.

If so, i can't help you anymore! All i can say is that this is the driver for your dev id.

If you boot only 32 bit you don't even need the one patched by Hnak; you just need to add your device id if not present

and install the driver properly. Last time i checked on Snow, it was working fine from any install location.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi! I have a problem with intel pro 100 ve and snow leopard (work fine with 10.5.8). I followed the tuto but doesn't work for me. My ID is 8086 1092. Could you help me

Christophe (france)

Amilo si1520 all ok except intel pro 100

Thank you

I followed the tuto but doesn't work for me. My ID is 8086 1092.

Hi Boulete,

what tuto did you followed? if it was mine, there's not much i can add.

1092 is between the devices that should be supported by AppleIntel8255x.kext.

thank you for your help ;)

But doesn't work for me (my fault...)

What do you mean by "my fault"? You don't understand the guide? (it's messy, i know :P ) Your English is not good enough? What?

This is as simple as it get's, when it comes to fixes; you just need to add your device id to the info.plist inside the kext and install it.

For Snow 64 bit, use the one by hnak otherwise you can just use the one found on Leo.

• 2 months later...
I installed the 10.4.4(HotISO) version of mac osx86.

Everything works well, usb mouse, bluetooth keyboard, audio card and video card.

But the network card dont work. I can see it listed in the system preferences-->Network but it is disabled so I cant select it and configure the network.

Someone can help me with this?

Thanks

:) Thank you sooo much :)

• 1 month later...
crazyJAT,

did you checked if HPET is loading?

Did you try changing OSBundleRequired? Loading the kext from Extra? mkext? like i explain on the guide.

If so, i can't help you anymore! All i can say is that this is the driver for your dev id.

If you boot only 32 bit you don't even need the one patched by Hnak; you just need to add your device id if not present

and install the driver properly. Last time i checked on Snow, it was working fine from any install location.

I noticed that if I remove AppleHPET.kext on my Dell Dimension 4700, the network controller works in Snow Leopard.

I wonder if there is any way to fix that. :)

• 5 months later...

Intel PRO/100 VE works under OS X Lion and Mountain Lion.

Download this kext:

AppleIntel8255x.kext.zip

Unpack it, right click on AppleIntel8255x.kext, Show Package Contents, open file Contents/Info.plist

Find this line and change it to match your card VEN and DEV id:

<string>0x10928086</string>

Go to /System/Library/Extensions/

Remove AppleHPET.kext and after that find IONetworkingFamily.kext

Right click on IONetworkingFamily.kext, Show Package Contents, go to folder /Contents/PlugIns/ and copy here AppleIntel8255x.kext you modified.

• 8 months later...

I can verify that this works in lion, too. I pulled the hardware ID from a ubuntu live cd and lspci -nn. It didn't work on the first try but then I copied IONetworkingFamily.kext from S/L/E to the desktop and reinstalled it with kext helper. After reboot the adapter worked perfectly.

Thanks so much for the guide!

• 1 month later...

why so complicated? No need for AppleIntel8255x.kext to be inside IONetworkingFamily.kext .. it does not even need to get installed into S/L/E - it works perfectly out of E/E .. Lion 10.7.3, Cham. 1957.

• 6 months later...

ANY 1 GOT THIS WORKING YET? Took me a while to get it sorted this is what i done.

1: Go to /System/Library/Extensions/

Remove AppleHPET.kext and after that find IONetworkingFamily.kext

2: Go to /System/Library/Extensions/

Right click on IONetworkingFamily.kext, Show Package Contents, go to folder /Contents/PlugIns/

unrar the AppleIntel8255x.kext.rar file that is attached and copy AppleIntel8255x.kext then paste into the above folder.

3: Now open Terminal.app and type in sudo vi /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/Info.plist and press Enter.

4: You will be prompted to enter your password. Do it.

5: press 'J' key to move down your cursor and you will find something like the following below.

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x10518086 ********** 0x10508086 0x10298086 0x10308086&0xfff0ffff 0x12098086 0x12278086 0x12288086 0x12298086 0x24498086 0x24598086 0x245d8086 0x10918086 0x10608086&0xfff0ffff</string>

6: Insert your device ID and venderID where i have 10 *'s above. mine is 0x27DC8086, my deviceID is 27DC and venderID is 8086.

7: It should look like this after -

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x10518086 0x27DC8086 0x10508086 0x10298086 0x10308086&0xfff0ffff 0x12098086 0x12278086 0x12288086 0x12298086 0x24498086 0x24598086 0x245d8086 0x10918086 0x10608086&0xfff0ffff</string>

8: To insert, press 'I' key and now you are in inserting mode, now move across to where your going to type then write your ID where i have the *'s. When done, press 'ESC' key to exit from inserting mode.

9: Its now time to save. write ':wq!' to save and exit vi mode.

10: now, write the following line on Terminal.app to clear kext cache.

rm /System/Library/Extensions

11: Quit the Terminal.app

12: Reboot MAC OS X and will show your connected to internet.

NOTES: In vi mode you can move your cursor up and down, or right and left using J(down), K(up), H(left) and L(right) keys.

AppleIntel8255x.kext.rar