Intel PRO/100 VE NIC

catracho

333 posts in this topic

Yo guys, just thought I'd throw my thanks in, the DSDT patcher posted by Leeran did the trick for me.

Just for the info, im on a Toshiba A105 S4004 laptop. Specs here. I was also getting the network cable unplugged error. After the DSDT Patch, (I installed the bootloader that came with it too just to be safe, read the readme.txt) and a reboot, network detected my card and everythings good.

Now we just gotta wait on the wireless drivers for 3945ABG (or whatever its called) But yea thanks!

- Super DuckMasta extreme of the 24th universal saga, legacy 4

Thank you so much caladan1810, i'v been configuring my Info.plist, formatting OS X , ang reinstalling my Windows, just to see the Device Number. even i tried to set my 0x103d8068, or 0x103D8086, still nothin happen, but when i tried your patch. it enables my Built-IN LAN. Thanks to you man..

PS. if you can try to Figure out Intel Pro/Wireless 2200 BG. it'll be a great help to us.

Thank again caladan1810.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone

here is the AppleIntel8255x.kext you will need. I have it zipped along with installation instructions.

The AppleIntel8255x.kext now allows me to use my Intel Pro/100 VE NIC which is running the

82557 Chipset.

If it doesn't work for you usual disclaimers apply! Don't Blame me for trying!

I do hope it helps.

This worked perfectly, recognized my intell pro/100 ethernet device immediately!!! has no i.p address but atleast it's been found, thanks!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a newbie to Mac OS X can any one help me out,please

I found my driver on http://intellinuxwireless.org/ PRO-Wireless 4965 AG but they are compile source code..

dose anyone knows how to make this file work in Mac OS,are is it not possible.....

my wireless nic is not working and not showing up in my system profiler [ 8086:4229] Inel Corp PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN ]

if I have to make & rebuild one am in for it just give me the instruction and i will follow it..

• 1 month later...
Hi Everyone

here is the AppleIntel8255x.kext you will need. I have it zipped along with installation instructions.

The AppleIntel8255x.kext now allows me to use my Intel Pro/100 VE NIC which is running the

82557 Chipset.

If it doesn't work for you usual disclaimers apply! Don't Blame me for trying!

I do hope it helps.

Thank you very much !!! it works for my mothercard INTEL 82801 EB

• 5 weeks later...
Had a lot of problems with my Intel PRO/100 VE, but this is the step that made it work for me.

Thanks a lot!

PS: I'm running JaS 10.4.8

this post fixes my problem as well, thank you very much

now i m trying to get my video driver work

hello everyone! my name is Iulian, i am from Romania and i have trouble with my network card from hp pavilion dv6125ea (dv6000). the network card is intel pro 100ve (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&SUBSYS_30BB103C&REV_02

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&SUBSYS_30BB103C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&CC_020000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&CC_0200). the network card it no appears in system preferences/network. just firewire appears here. tre OS is iatkos v7 (10.5.7).

i try kext utility but he no working. i am beginner in hackintosh and i need a easy way to make my network card working.

thanks a lot!

ps: excuse my englesh.

post-571450-1266048969_thumb.jpg

Hi Caladan1810

Thank you. It worked great!

Using an Intel 845GVFN board with JaS 10.4.8

Reported on Windows (Not anymore :( ) 0x10398086

Hi I checked Caladan1810's kext but it does not have 0x10398086 in the Info.plist, did you have to edit it yourself?

hello everyone! my name is Iulian, i am from Romania and i have trouble with my network card from hp pavilion dv6125ea (dv6000). the network card is intel pro 100ve (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&SUBSYS_30BB103C&REV_02

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&SUBSYS_30BB103C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&CC_020000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&CC_0200). the network card it no appears in system preferences/network. just firewire appears here. tre OS is iatkos v7 (10.5.7).

i try kext utility but he no working. i am beginner in hackintosh and i need a easy way to make my network card working.

thanks a lot!

ps: excuse my englesh.

All I can say is try to boot with -f and if it works just need to move the Networkingfamily.bundle into Extra/Extensions doesn't exist you have to make it. If after you boot with -f and it doesn't show up you need to get Chun-nan's IOPCI kext which fixed it for me. But after reboot it stops working so you have to move the networking family bundle in the extra folder.

That's all I can think of for now.

Hi All,

Would just like to know how to manually load kext as in " sudo kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel8255x.kext [manually load kext]"

I'm sort of stuck up on here please help.

Thanks

JUST WANTED TO THANK CALADAN1810, 3 YEARS LATER, THIS IS STILL THE FIX THAT WORKED FOR ME - PERFECT, FIRST TIME, AFTER THE OTHERS FAILED!

RUNNING ON A GATEWAY 450SX4

:wacko:

Thanks to Azimutz! I added IONetwokFamily to Extra folder in the root of System disc. And it seems that this helps to make Ethernet kext load properly... I need to test it for some time.

I NEED HELP WITH OVERHEATING PROBLEM! Something stops my fans at boot. This causes my CPU to get 83 degrees... Sometimes fans don't stop at boot, but this is a rare situation... I tried a lot of things... But nothing helps.

Thanks Azimutz & jzaaminos. I have the same problem. now it works well.

thx.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok guys Ive been at it for a couple of days now and its pissing me off.

I have a 10.6.2 Snow Leopard installed but the internet doesn't work

I have tried many combinations of apple8XXX.kext files and IONetworkingfamily.kext files but nothing seems to work. The connection option is just grayed out and when I click on it, it says no firewire device connected or something and I can get it to work

Somebody have an idea of what can be the problem?

I have a

Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connectioncompspec.png

Thanks for helping me

Also my SL is installed on another hardrive and I used SnowOSXUniFlash install

Hey guys I am running mac OSx 10.5.6, I have the same problem as the original poster had. I used iAtkos, IPC and tried to install mac. it works fine but in the customize I select the Intel 100/ve driver and I followed the instructions but it doesn't seem to work. Is there any way for me to fix the problem? I add the product number and everything into the kext but still doesn't work for some reason. Please add saiperi123@live.com and help me. I am using boot132 as my boot loader and I have uninstalled all OS's before I installed OSx. Please someone help me =/

Bootloader: Boot132

OS installed: None

Motherboard type: ASUS P5LP-LE

Motherboard name: Leonite-GL8E

Ethernet: Intel PRO 100/VE

Wireless: HP 802.ll b/g wireless network adapter by Atheros

WIRELESS DRIVER WILL HELP TOO thanks =)

Ok.. for the last 2 posters, you guys are missing the most important thing, the device id of the card. Just Intel Pro 100 is not enough, there are lots of models. Read my guide, it's on my signature. If you still have doubts, post but not without the device id ;)

Thanks

Ok.. for the last 2 posters, you guys are missing the most important thing, the device id of the card. Just Intel Pro 100 is not enough, there are lots of models. Read my guide, it's on my signature. If you still have doubts, post but not without the device id ;)

Thanks

I have, I went into the apple and the IO kext and added it but no luck =/

How about the device id??

Did you removed the kext iAtkos installed?

Did you read my guide properly?... if you did and followed all the tips, all i can think is AppleIntel8255x.kext is not the driver for your NIC!

That's why we need the device id of the card...

How about the device id??

Did you removed the kext iAtkos installed?

Did you read my guide properly?... if you did and followed all the tips, all i can think is AppleIntel8255x.kext is not the driver for your NIC!

That's why we need the device id of the card...

Ok i am using a program that is locked on to my HWID atm in a few weeks it will expire so then i will reinstall OSx and try it. thanks for all your help! Hopefully it will work =))

yeah, do that. I will try to update the guide this weekend but, it's no promise.

Anyway, it will just be just a restructure.. all stuff to fix the problems i had with this card is there. The rest are good news ;)

ATM is working better than ever, installed to S/L/E, /Extra/Extensions or /Extra/Extensions.mkext, without changing

OSBundleRequired stuff, just adding my dev id (8086:27dc). And on Snow 64 bit thanks to hnak :)

My intel pro/100 VE has the device ID 0x27DC8086. When SL installed it didnt have the intel8XXXX.kext so I added one, edited the .plist file of the kext and then used the OSXtools to set permissions to kext and delete kext cache... rebooted and still nothing... what do you think? remember I have 10.6.2

Thnx