ATI X1550 - Quartz Extreme?

wizzord

53 posts in this topic

hi...can you help me?

my card is giga x1550 256MB, device id is 0x7193.

now no QE/CI and can't change resolution.....

i tried many drivers....natitx1300.kext..atiRadeonX1000.kext...

ps:my os is iDeneb 10.5.6. Kernel: 9.2.0

and...if i change my video card's device id to 7187 by ATIFlash, natitx1300.kext could drive it,the resolution could be changed,but QE/CI also not support....

• 2 weeks later...
hi...super_engine..could u help me please

my ati x1550 Quartz Extreme not support could u help me to fix this problem

vendor : ATI(0x1002)

Device ID : 7143

revision ID : 0x0000

thank you very much....

Hi ! For your card x1550 you use the driver for 10.5.6 !

If black screen , then you delete the natit.kext and you add your natit :( !

• 2 weeks later...
Hi ! For your card x1550 you use the driver for 10.5.6 !

If black screen , then you delete the natit.kext and you add your natit :) !

my device id is 7183

revision ID : 0x0000

Plz tell me how to install the driver for x1550 as iam new to mac

iam using kernel vodoo 9.5

everything is working fine except graphic card

Thanks in Advance

Sushen

Hi to all

On the ATI forum you'll find the ATIRadeonX1000.kext for ID 7147 (for quexstre48) and ID 7193 (for tbwind)

1. Install it with kexthelper

2. Repair the permissions from disk utility

3. Reboot with the flags -v -f (at boot press F8 and when see the prompt type -v -f and press enter)

Remember that this kext enable only QE/CI. For resolution managing you must use NATIT_ATI_AUTO.kext injector. And this method don't work on laptops.

Good Luck

Hello.

Tell, and there are drivers for RADEON X1650 PCIE (512Mb) (0x71C7)?

System which I use it iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6)

Drivers which go in the complete set cause a panic of a kernel.

I apologize for curve English.

In advance thanks for the help.

Hi to all

On the ATI forum you'll find the ATIRadeonX1000.kext for ID 7147 (for quexstre48) and ID 7193 (for tbwind)

3. Reboot with the flags -v -f (at boot press F8 and when see the prompt type -v -f and press enter)

Remember that this kext enable only QE/CI. For resolution managing you must use NATIT_ATI_AUTO.kext injector. And this method don't work on laptops.

Good Luck

Hello super_engine,

Seeing that you've been sucessful at x1300 and x1550 cards, I was wondering if you can help me with my ATI Mobility X1270 (Vendor ID: 1002 Device ID: 791F)

Thank you very much!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi, Super_engine

I'm testmusictest.

I have 2 X1550 card.

1. GeCube raedon X1550 model no. HM1550GE2-D3 Device ID:7146

2. MSI X1550(Only has a DVI & a TV out) Device ID:715F

Though I cannot use dual vga w/ this 2 card.

But I believe that I drive them perfectly.

1.) W/ the card Device ID:7146: No matter you use iDeneb 1.3 or XxX 10.5.6 final or iPC 10.5.6 final, DO NOT choose any VGA card driver during installation. You'll find QE/CI enabled by default when enter into the system. But w/ mouse cursor glitch.

Okay, here we go. Install this NatitX1330.kext, open terminal.app to do the "diskutil repairpermissions /" and then reboot. No need flag -v -f or anything like that.

Things are done now.

2.) W/ the card Device ID:715F: No matter you use iDeneb 1.3 or XxX 10.5.6 final or iPC 10.5.6 final, DO NOT choose any VGA card driver during installation. You'll find QE/CI NOT enabled by default when enter into the system. Glad that I have your ATIRadeonX1000.kext. Now I have QE/CI enabled by default when enter into the system. But w/ mouse cursor glitch.

Okay, Where we go then? The same NatitX1330.kext!! , open terminal.app to do the "diskutil repairpermissions /" and then reboot. No need flag -v or anything like that.

Things are done now.

Now you have the Great cheap X1550 card w/ QE/CI perfectly!!!

Here I add this 2 kexts.

This is testmusictest's share and hope you can enable more X1550 card w/ my share.

Best regards,

testmusictest

p.s.: If any body find the way to dual VGA w/ X1550, please inform!!! That'll make X1550 better than perfect!!!

p.s.2 I'll post my share as a new topic to attract more ppl use this card.

It didn't work on my card! :( The display got really weird when I rebooted, something like inversed pixels on some places on the screen.

I have Device ID 0x715f and Vendor ATI (0x1002) running retail leopard server with original kexts.

Now I run it with default kext and auto Natit.kext, but no QE/CI.

It didn't work on my card! :) The display got really weird when I rebooted, something like inversed pixels on some places on the screen.

I have Device ID 0x715f and Vendor ATI (0x1002) running retail leopard server with original kexts.

Now I run it with default kext and auto Natit.kext, but no QE/CI.

Which version of OS X are you running? After I updated to 10.5.7, QE/CI was not working any more, and reinstalling the graphic card's drivers resulted in a very highly pixeled, black and white screen.

Which version of OS X are you running? After I updated to 10.5.7, QE/CI was not working any more, and reinstalling the graphic card's drivers resulted in a very highly pixeled, black and white screen.

I'm using 10.5.4

The ATIRadeonX1000.kext seems to depend on the system version and to need to be hacked individually. The one I had working in 10.5.6 does not work any more. I just tried another guide, but this also differs too much from the current driver to be usable; or it might just be me…

But at least I learned one thing:

the „-x“ flag (safe boot mode) would have saved me from reinstalling the whole system a lot of times, as even when you broke something like the driver, you can still start up and clean up the mess.

The ATIRadeonX1000.kext seems to depend on the system version and to need to be hacked individually. The one I had working in 10.5.6 does not work any more. I just tried another guide, but this also differs too much from the current driver to be usable; or it might just be me…

the „-x“ flag (safe boot mode) would have saved me from reinstalling the whole system a lot of times, as even when you broke something like the driver, you can still start up and clean up the mess.

Yep, the -x option is really useful, I have a bootable USB drive for emergency situations also :D

the „-x" flag (safe boot mode) would have saved me from reinstalling the whole system a lot of times, as even when you broke something like the driver, you can still start up and clean up the mess.

Hey wizzord, I saw you mention that you had the ATIRadeonX1000.kext working for 10.5.6 and was wondering if there was a specific guide you had used, or if it was just the edit info.plist and HEX file?

Oh and I did run into an issue one where "-x" didnt save me, I had changed far too much in the ATINDRV kext. Luckily "-x -s" saved the day! As "-s" or single-user-mode, starts up into the terminal

Hey wizzord, I saw you mention that you had the ATIRadeonX1000.kext working for 10.5.6 and was wondering if there was a specific guide you had used, or if it was just the edit info.plist and HEX file?

Oh and I did run into an issue one where "-x" didnt save me, I had changed far too much in the ATINDRV kext. Luckily "-x -s" saved the day! As "-s" or single-user-mode, starts up into the terminal

It was the kext provided by super_engine in the beginning of the thread, and the package by testmusictest (with the Natit driver) got rid of the little glitches that occured with the hacked driver. The guides I tried to apply did not work out for me :(

I guess I'll go back to OS 10.5.6 if I do not find something in the days to come.

I've been looking into the ATIRadeonX1000.kext file in the hex editor but I get different number of matches on the device id:s in the plist file, how do I know which one I should replace with my device id?

The available device id:s in the plist is:

0x71871002 0x72101002 0x71DE1002 0x71461002 0x71421002 0x71091002 0x71C51002 0x71C01002 0x72401002 0x72491002 0x72911002

The x1550 uses a R520 chip right? So it should work if I replace anyone of the above device id:s with mine (715f) which corresponds to a R520 in the binary hex file?

• 2 weeks later...
Edited ATIRadeonX1000.kext for your ID (7143)

Install it with kexthelper and reboot with flags -v -f

Good enjoyicon6.gificon6.gificon6.gif

please, help me super_engine. i apply this attached file but does not work... it causes kernel panics. i installed iDeneb v1.3, but QE/CI does not work. do you see any way to get help me? i use a ATI Radeon x1550 id:7143 512MB.

Thanks a lot for reading!

Chipset Model: Radeon X1300 PRO Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7143

Revision ID: 0x0000

Resolution: 1280 x 1024

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Yes, i we can! This procedure works perfectly! i install a iPC 10.5.6 without video drivers, so then install the edited kexts: NatitX1330.kext and ATIRadeonX1000.kext for my x1550. Install with kexthelper and reboot with -f -v

This works for ATI Radeon Sapphire x1550 512MB, device id: 7143, vendor id: 1002.

My configuration now:

Radeon X1300 PRO Series:

Chipset Model: Radeon X1300 PRO Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7143

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Attached my kexts.

Thank you all crazy people that help us every time!

Hi, Super_engine

I'm testmusictest.

I have 2 X1550 card.

1. GeCube raedon X1550 model no. HM1550GE2-D3 Device ID:7146

2. MSI X1550(Only has a DVI & a TV out) Device ID:715F

Though I cannot use dual vga w/ this 2 card.

But I believe that I drive them perfectly.

1.) W/ the card Device ID:7146: No matter you use iDeneb 1.3 or XxX 10.5.6 final or iPC 10.5.6 final, DO NOT choose any VGA card driver during installation. You'll find QE/CI enabled by default when enter into the system. But w/ mouse cursor glitch.

Okay, here we go. Install this NatitX1330.kext, open terminal.app to do the "diskutil repairpermissions /" and then reboot. No need flag -v -f or anything like that.

Things are done now.

2.) W/ the card Device ID:715F: No matter you use iDeneb 1.3 or XxX 10.5.6 final or iPC 10.5.6 final, DO NOT choose any VGA card driver during installation. You'll find QE/CI NOT enabled by default when enter into the system. Glad that I have your ATIRadeonX1000.kext. Now I have QE/CI enabled by default when enter into the system. But w/ mouse cursor glitch.

Okay, Where we go then? The same NatitX1330.kext!! , open terminal.app to do the "diskutil repairpermissions /" and then reboot. No need flag -v or anything like that.

Things are done now.

Now you have the Great cheap X1550 card w/ QE/CI perfectly!!!

Here I add this 2 kexts.

This is testmusictest's share and hope you can enable more�X1550 card w/ my share.

Best regards,

testmusictest

p.s.: If any body find the way to dual VGA w/ X1550, please inform!!! That'll make X1550 better than perfect!!!

p.s.2 I'll post my share as a new topic to attract more ppl use this card.

NatitX1300.kext.zip

ATIRadeonX1000.kext.zip

• 2 months later...

Hi super_engine,

I read the posts on the ATI forum regarding getting the X1000 ATI card series to work with osx86. I have mine (device ID 7183) working as far as the resolution settings go, but QE is not enabled. I know how to edit the plist.info file to put the device id in, but I do not know how to edit the HEX file. Can you (or anyone else here), either tell me how to do this, or if you have time send me an edited one for the 7183 device ID? Many Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi to all

Good Luck

i didn't find that file. can you give direct link?

• 1 month later...

I picked up HIS x1550, because it has PCI-e 1x (my motherboard only has 1x.)

After modifying PCI matching string, it does kernel panic, with or without natit kext.

So, I'd like to see the DSDT of *WORKING x1550* card of other barnds.

Please get a dump of DSDT of your machine with working x1550, so that I can try to mimic it.

From the kernel panic, it's trying to access "NDRV" expecting something to exsit, and I bet HIS's video bios is not listing whatever it is. By comparing working and non-working x1550, I have a shot at finding "what's missing".

So, please, and thanks!

Hi, I tried modifiing a driver myself following this description, but booting after inserting the modified driver caused my computer to crash (sort of flickering, then black screen).

I saw the Natit-driver didn't work either.

Is there any chance of getting the card to work properly or should I just get another one?

EDIT:

I know the guide was not supposed to be for the X1550, just hoped it could work the same way�