Battery for ACPI laptops, VoodooBattery 1.2.0

Superhai

26 posts in this topic

Version 1.2.0

I have updated my good ol' ACPIBattery.kext, changed name and should run slicker. There might still be some bugs to iron out so test at own peril.

What does this thing do?

Interface between ACPI control method batteries and OS X powermanagement controls. Basically get the battery icon.

Where to get it?

Downloads, and support is to be done at http://www.superhai.com/ Source is available from same place.

Doesn't work?

You can post bug report at http://www.superhai.com/.

Please read this post before posting (explains how you can get the required debug information).

System Requirements?

• ACPI Control Method Battery
  • Original OS X PowerManagement.bundle for 10.5.x (no hacks or tweaked must be applied)

Any ideas for improvements? Tell me

Just wanted to inform that I have started beta testing of some new kexts and if you want to try, read this.

For the moment I am beta testing VoodooBattery and VoodooPowerMini for Snow Leopard.

Superhai, I can't download the source.

I get the following error from your web server:

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Detailed Error Information

Module IIS Web Core

Notification MapRequestHandler

Handler StaticFile

Error Code 0x80070002

Requested URL http://www.superhai.com:80/files/source/VoodooBattery.zip

Physical Path E:\HostingSpaces\superhai\superhai.com\wwwroot\files\source\VoodooBattery.zip

Logon Method Anonymous

Logon User Anonymous

Could you please look into this?

Thanks in advance.

Superhai, I can't download the source.

Could you please look into this?

It is uploaded now. Rushing me so much... lol

What's the voodoo name thing :huh:

It is voodoo, it is magical and mystical - if i told you it wouldnt be voodoo anymore. ;)

Thank you very much mister Superhai !

This is working perfectly on the Wind with 6 cells battery. And that is showing exact informationd about battery in the system proffiler.

I hope that VoodooHDA will have the same magic ! ^_^

Bye.

Hi SuperHai... I didn't received the email confirmation for register to your forum... ^_^:(

2 issues for me :

BAD mAh detection (needs to be devided ?), and VoodooPower doesn't seems to know anymore i'm on battery when i unplug AC... (It doesn't limit itself to Battery settings... I use the last AnV version... EDIT: same with yours...)

Sorry to post here...

battlog.txt

post-135759-1232531930_thumb.png

Hi SuperHai... I didn't received the email confirmation for register to your forum... ;):)

BAD mAh detection (needs to be devided ?), and VoodooPower doesn't seems to know anymore i'm on battery when i unplug AC... (It doesn't limit itself to Battery settings... I use the last AnV version... EDIT: same with yours...)

Ill check if there is any failure message? Sure you entered correct email? I found a small bug a < turned to > which affects thw batteries with mW readouts. Should work better now. For the other case, try the debug version and post output from the kext while you plug out ac cord.

• 3 weeks later...

HI all,

great Kext :)

Well on HP NC6400, i've got icon,

but there's an issue in the remaining time. It seems to be "reversed".

Now, i'm At 99%, and i've 4 minutes of aunotmy. And i had a message saying , the laptop is running out of battery and will shutd down...

What's the Pb plz ?

hey,

first of all, great kext; boot is faster and this is the first time I've seen the Time option working on the battery meter for the Inspiron 1525.

I do have a problem when charging on AC plugin, the time till charged goes to 10 minutes and the percentage freezes at whatever was displaying when plugged in. for example, start charging at 30%, battery meter displays 30% and 10 min remain till full charge. percentage does not refresh until AC is unplugged. Is there a way to fix this?

It may be my fault due to old AppleACPIPlatform.kext, I am not sure if I have stock version and have not been able to track down original. Would love to get this working, I've never had the battery meter with all functions on my hackbook.

• 4 weeks later...

Working great over here on my Packard Bell EasyNote MZ-35 200.

Keep up the great work :hysterical:

Also enables me to use AppleACPIACAdapter (through DSDT mod...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...