Perfect Install 10.4.5 on IC7 Max 3

Solr_Flare

2 posts in this topic

I just completed my first and perfect install on my Abit IC7 Max3 PC using the Myzar 10.4.4/5 iso. The install process wasn't absolutely flawless so let me give a heads up if anyone else tries this:

When I used the machine for Windows/Linux I had my hard drives plugged into the Raid IDE sockets but not RAIDed. I just used them as spare IDE plugs which was fine. *However* OS X can not see hard drives plugged into the RAID slots, they have to be plugged into the main Primary/Secondary IDE slots.

Switching things around was a simple matter after I realized what was happening and OS X installed without a hitch after that. Well sort of but it wasn't OS X's fault. I accidentally unhooked the power to my CPU Heatsink fan when moving cables around in the machine. About halfway through the install my system temperature alarm started sounding lol. Thank goodness for P4 throttling.

The only thing not detected by my install was my Soundblaster Live card. However onboard audio works just fine so no problem there. Here is my setup and thanks again for everyone's work here.

Intel P4 Northwood 2.26ghz 533bus cpu

1gb DDR 266 RAM

Abit IC7 Max3 Motherboard

Nvidia Geforce 4 ti4600 128mb AGP video card

Seagate 70gb 7800rpm PATA

Maxtor 20gb 5400rpm PATA

Onboard networking/Sound

HP CD Burner

Creative DVD-rom drive

Floppy

USB Keyboard and mouse.

Everything runs very fast and slick and the only driver modifaction I had to make was upgrading to the latest 1.5beta macvidia drivers which worked a-ok.

At this point it's just application installation and configuration.