XP emulation under OSx86?

15 posts in this topic

I'm planning to swith over to OSx86 for good, but there are some Windows XP apps that I still want to run. For example, I'm a subscriber to Yahoo Launch Music service and they only support IE. If I can boot up XP within OSx86 and run IE then I'll be good to go. I read that VirtualPC doesn't run under OSx86, and that you have to use Q or Bosh to emulate XP under OSx86. Is this true?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure Yahoo! Music now has a Firefox plugin...

No it doesn't, according to this link:

http://search1.cc.scd.yahoo.com/cct_search...728#__highlight

As for Parallels, can I run it efficiently on the Pentium-M (Banias) even though I don't have virtualization features? I know it doesn't have sound support right now, but hopefully that will be added in the future.

No it doesn't, according to this link:

http://search1.cc.scd.yahoo.com/cct_search...728#__highlight

As for Parallels, can I run it efficiently on the Pentium-M (Banias) even though I don't have virtualization features? I know it doesn't have sound support right now, but hopefully that will be added in the future.

Without VT (your PentiumM) it will run but not very fast

• 5 weeks later...
There's Parallels Workstation for running XP at near full speed. VMWare and Virtual PC should be coming out soon.

From what MacUser says, it gets pretty darn close. It isn't quite a game solution though, but that might happen in future versions.

That being said, I can't wait for Virtual PC 8. There's a little part of me that is thinking that one will knock people for a loop in terms of Windows emulating (especially utilizing Boot Camp, etc.)

{censored} it is slow as hell to me Pentium M 750 (Sonomo) 1.86 I don't know what to do the mouse hardly move and when I install parallels tools the mouse dissapiar in virtual machene help people I realy need it :)

my mouse dissapeared too, just uncheck mouse synchronisation during the install.

I've some problems with the internet in parallels, only a few websites are working, like google.com.

But when I tried to ping other websites in command view, it pings them with normal values.

Above that I can see the network folders, but to open them is impossible.

is there any known solution for the problem?

pentium M 1.73ghz

Realtek build-in ethernet

ati x600M (qe, ci supported)

windows xp sp2 in parallels CR (3,9gb fat32)