FX5200 Works ! 10.5.5 and 10.5.6

CPT_MAC

60 posts in this topic

:(

First, I am not an expert and credit goes to some here in insanlymac members who pointed me to the right direction.

My goal was to have better graphic, DVI, and hopefully dual screen (dual screen not tested jet) on my intel Atom 330 rig. I think the FX6200 card would be better, because you can skip Uinstall part and go direct to the "Sanya method".

I am using the IPC 10.5.6 distribution. The card was recognized with the universal kext under Video nVida.

It's the one for the old Graphic cards below FX6000, the complied package. Forgot the exact name, but you can't miss.

Than the card will be recognized, but no CI/CE. Next step is to open the "Uinstall" you find in the program folder.

There is also a very good instruction how to use the program. Next you follow this instruction and make you own EFI string. It is quite simple with the guide. After reboot you will have ci/CE working.

If you are using 10.5.5 you are done. But I don't now if the program "Uinstaller is part of the 10.5.5 distribution.

If you are with the IPC 10.5.6 you will have in some windows scrambled graphics. To sort this out I found the guide attached as PDF.

I used the following method from Sanya:

Repair "System Preferences Blacked-Out GUI Corruption"

(Only for 10.5.6 install - not occurring in 10.5.5)

Restore the Coregraphics.framework from 10.5.5 WITH PACIFIST

to /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ then Reboot

using Sanya's Method (Thanks Sanya!) ----

GeForce 5200 FX:

Chipsatz-Modell: GeForce 5200 FX

Typ: Monitor

Bus: PCI

VRAM (gesamt): 128 MB

Hersteller: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Geräte-ID: 0x0322

Versions-ID: 0x00a1

ROM-Version: nVida FX5200 PCI OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Monitore:

17'' LCDMonitor:

Auflösung: 1024 x 768 @ 85 Hz

Farbtiefe: 32-Bit Farbe

Core Image: Hardware-unterstützt

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Quartz Extreme: Unterstützt

Monitoranschluss:

Good luck!!

FX5200__fix.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Great thanks, but it still hangs up on loading after everything I've tryed. Just simply dunno how to solve this. Tryed Legacy GeForce kexts from latest iPC - nothing. Tryed NVInject, NVKush, and this method - I'm out of ideas.

Booting with -v shows nothing really usable, there's no kernel panic nor anything. Withous verbose wheel below apple logo spins spins and suddenly stops and that's it, nothing further.

Only does work without any kext installed. Just dunno what more to do about this. It's an AGP FX5200. Only thing I couldn't try is with "NVKush Complete Package" from PPF2 or 3 but there's not this option anymore, think it's all inside "Legacy GeForce" now.

Ran out of ideas tbh, can't boot 10.5.5 install dvd nor i can fix graphic on 10.5.6. Splendid. :D

• 1 month later...
Great thanks, but it still hangs up on loading after everything I've tryed. Just simply dunno how to solve this. Tryed Legacy GeForce kexts from latest iPC - nothing. Tryed NVInject, NVKush, and this method - I'm out of ideas.

Booting with -v shows nothing really usable, there's no kernel panic nor anything. Withous verbose wheel below apple logo spins spins and suddenly stops and that's it, nothing further.

Only does work without any kext installed. Just dunno what more to do about this. It's an AGP FX5200. Only thing I couldn't try is with "NVKush Complete Package" from PPF2 or 3 but there's not this option anymore, think it's all inside "Legacy GeForce" now.

Ran out of ideas tbh, can't boot 10.5.5 install dvd nor i can fix graphic on 10.5.6. Splendid. :rolleyes:

Mine working out fine GeForce AGP 5200 FX on iPC 10.5.6 .. just install the iPC 10.5.6 without any Video/Graphic driver.. after that install NVkushComplete.. check out my desktop screenshot in the attachment

post-355165-1236849618_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ran out of ideas tbh, can't boot 10.5.5 install dvd nor i can fix graphic on 10.5.6. Splendid. :whistle:

Hi Fillerue,

I had the same issues as you mentioned above.

I have an intel p4 2.8Ghz with FX5200 AGP 128MB card, and I'm using IDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) release.

These are the steps i took in order to make QE/CI work:

Step 1:

1.) Install OSx86 with no video drivers, injectors (NVkush, NVinject, etc.), nor AGPGart.

2.) Right after installation, boot with parameters -s -v.

3.) Remove all references to Geforce drivers:

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/NVD*
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
exit

Now your system shouldn't hang anymore, and you'll be able to create an account and login.

4.) Open OSX86Tools and click on Add EFI Strings/Boot Flag button.

5.) Click on GFX Strings icon, and choose Custom GeForce... from the Graphics Card drop-down.

6.) Choose VRAM size (card's memory) and NVCAP (VGA/DVI-I if VGA is on the side of the motherboard) and click on

Import String to Boot Editor icon.

7.) On the Boot Editor window, click on Apply changes to com.apple.Boot.plist and restart your system.

You should now see in System Analyzer that your card is recognized, but no QE/CI.

Step 2:

1.) Install NVidia Universal Installer (Thank you MacNutty).

You will be logged-out and logged back in automatically.

2.) Open OSX86Tools , check Repair Permissions, Clear Extensions Cache and Touch Extensions Folder, and click the Run Selected Tasks button. When finished, restart your system.

You should now see in System Analyzer that QE/CI is enabled, but with scrambled graphics.

Step 3:

To fix the graphics issue use Sanya method:

If you have a 10.5.5 dvd (i use IAKTOS 5i):

1.) Insert 10.5.5 dvd and open Pacifist.

2.) Click on Open Apple Install Discs, and choose your dvd.

3). When finished, use the search box to locate CoreGraphics.framework.

4.) Right click on it, and choose Install to Default Location.

Replace files if prompt.

5.) Restart your system.

If you don't have a 10.5.5 dvd (Thank you JESS Fortress):

1.) Download and install 10.5.5 CoreGraphics.

2.) Restart your system.

You should now have QE/CI enabled and working well.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have FX5200 PCI card. After installing Nvidia Universal Installer, my system doesn't boot. In verbose mode, it just sits there after the Login Window Application is launched.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

HO

I used Jess's method and used NVKush .. now I've a working FX5200 with right resolutions. But I cant get CI to work. I installed the NVkush and then downgrades the core graphics to 10.5.5. Still no CI enabled.

Thanks

HO

i installed coregraphics.framework from iDeneb 1st than installed nvkushcomplete package than i got everything working...........

just give it a shot..........be careful try nvkushcomplete in place of nvkush......

Hi Amit,

I installed iDeneb v1.4, then coregraphics 10.5.5 from the downloaded package and the NVKushComplete .. still the CI was Software and QE was not enabled. Will try again on another hard drive.

Thanks

Hari

Hi Amit,

I installed iDeneb v1.4, then coregraphics 10.5.5 from the downloaded package and the NVKushComplete .. still the CI was Software and QE was not enabled. Will try again on another hard drive.

Thanks

Hari

sorry bro but this method worked for me...........B)

BTW where u from.......i guess we are from same country and neighbours.........

sorry bro but this method worked for me........... :D

BTW where u from.......i guess we are from same country and neighbours.........

Amit .. what is your vendor/chip ID for your graphics card listed in lspci output ?

I followed all the steps again .. but no dice .. still CI is software only.

Which Info.plist should I modify ? I show PCIMatch references in couple of Kexts (NVDAL .. NVRamsen etc etc).

Thanks

Hari

u need to edit the new injector's KEXT whichever you want to install..........like nvkush, nvinject, nvdarwin or Natit or Titan........whichever you want..........

and may be u need to efit the 3 files kexts also......

1. GEFORCE.kext

2. NVDANVHAL.kext (not sure which version 30 or 40)

3. NVDRASMAN.kext

• 2 weeks later...
Mine working out fine GeForce AGP 5200 FX on iPC 10.5.6 .. just install the iPC 10.5.6 without any Video/Graphic driver.. after that install NVkushComplete.. check out my desktop screenshot in the attachment

Work fine for me!

Thanks

P4 2.8GHz SSE2

iPC 10.5.6 Final Pff5

Mac OS X 10.5.6 (9G55)

Darwin 9.5.0

GeForce 5200 FX

Bus : PCI

VRAM (totale) : 128 Mo

NVIDIA (0x10de)

0x0322

0x00a1

• 3 months later...

Beautiful, much thanx to JESS Fortress!!!!!!

Card = GeForce FX 5200 128MB AGP

MB = Asrock 4coredual-sata2 revision 2.

Used ipc 10.5.6 would always hang on first reboot then freeze. couldn't figure it out for the life of me. saw JESS Fortress post. come to find out the kexts i was using were making it freeze(NVinject NVdarwin) Installed ipc with no video drivers. used NVkushcomplete. Rebooted. BAM!

Full QE/CI all resolutions!

hope this helps!

Hi Fillerue,

I had the same issues as you mentioned above.

I have an intel p4 2.8Ghz with FX5200 AGP 128MB card, and I'm using IDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) release.

These are the steps i took in order to make QE/CI work:

Step 1:

1.) Install OSx86 with no video drivers, injectors (NVkush, NVinject, etc.), nor AGPGart.

2.) Right after installation, boot with parameters -s -v.

3.) Remove all references to Geforce drivers:

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/NVD*
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
exit

Now your system shouldn't hang anymore, and you'll be able to create an account and login.

4.) Open OSX86Tools and click on Add EFI Strings/Boot Flag button.

5.) Click on GFX Strings icon, and choose Custom GeForce... from the Graphics Card drop-down.

6.) Choose VRAM size (card's memory) and NVCAP (VGA/DVI-I if VGA is on the side of the motherboard) and click on

Import String to Boot Editor icon.

7.) On the Boot Editor window, click on Apply changes to com.apple.Boot.plist and restart your system.

You should now see in System Analyzer that your card is recognized, but no QE/CI.

Step 2:

1.) Install NVidia Universal Installer (Thank you MacNutty).

You will be logged-out and logged back in automatically.

2.) Open OSX86Tools , check Repair Permissions, Clear Extensions Cache and Touch Extensions Folder, and click the Run Selected Tasks button. When finished, restart your system.

You should now see in System Analyzer that QE/CI is enabled, but with scrambled graphics.

Step 3:

To fix the graphics issue use Sanya method:

If you have a 10.5.5 dvd (i use IAKTOS 5i):

1.) Insert 10.5.5 dvd and open Pacifist.

2.) Click on Open Apple Install Discs, and choose your dvd.

3). When finished, use the search box to locate CoreGraphics.framework.

4.) Right click on it, and choose Install to Default Location.

Replace files if prompt.

5.) Restart your system.

If you don't have a 10.5.5 dvd (Thank you JESS Fortress):

1.) Download and install 10.5.5 CoreGraphics.

2.) Restart your system.

You should now have QE/CI enabled and working well.

Hope that helps.

these instructions definitely work to get it work after the install (ie if you installed your gfx card afterwards etc). but there are still some minor graphics corruptions in system preferences screen/or preview software etc.

i'll try to refine the installation steps to work on other installs other then ipc.

will post a quick guide again with the drivers soon hopefully that works in a a simple manner.