The Cider Wrapper Library

devilhunter

49 posts in this topic

Launch crossover games.

Insert the cd/dvd.

It should make a new bottle automatically and start the installer, if not go to Configure > Install Software > Click Install Unsupported software > Continue > New Bottle > And select the dvd/cd or choose the setup file as the installer file.

The rest should be straight forward.

• 3 weeks later...
i really dont understand anything anyone is saying about how to get the game to work (oblivion) but i just downloaded it from one of these things and when i click on it it dosnt work plz help me and use dialog that i can understand

PLZ

What available here is just a wrapper. No games file included. You need to install the game using a tools, for example crossover. After that you need to copy the games file & put it in the wrapper you just downloaded.

:D

kizwan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyway, while cider games typically work, every crossover-based game (using the CrossOver Chromium wrapper) I have downloaded through the torrent channels does not work in my hackintosh. Just shows the splash screen and then vanishes. Is there anything additional I need to do besides decompressing and running or there is a problem with my hackintosh ? Is it possible/easy to convert a CrossOver Chromium wrapped game to a ciderized port ?

There was one that was used to make a complete cod4 demo by someone, but I can't find it anymore. It worked perfectly for the full version of Call of Duty 4, you just had to change the target depending on if you wanted sp or mp.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, i tried to port 911-First Responders to mac. How ever no luck!!! when i click the game it says "You cant open the application "911 - First Responders" because it it not supported on this architecture"

so i click on the cider so i click 911 first""" and click "show package contents and go to Macos folder and doucble click cider. The screen goes black and then crashes to the desktop. then, terminal says

Steven$ /Users/Steven/Desktop/911\ -\ First\ Responders.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;

err:font:WineEngInit FreeType support is not compiled in to wine, some font functionality will be disabled.

wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...

err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("/usr/lib/transgaming_swordfish_5.2test_45/winex/bin/winedbg -- --auto 1 128") (2)

Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger

logout

I really need help!!!!

post-470064-1249863256_thumb.png

post-470064-1249863317_thumb.png

post-470064-1249863372_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
Man i would super appreciate if you could make a port of battlefield 2 for tiger 10.4.8 that would make my day please could u doo this.

Hmm, i suck at these cider things, however some people have already made it for bf2 on mac. Just go to Youtube and type something like"bf2 mac cider" or "cider bf2 mac" or bf2 on mac or mac bf2 port or something. I would love to make you it though-to bad i suck at these ports!! Hope this helps

Hmm, i suck at these cider things, however some people have already made it for bf2 on mac. Just go to Youtube and type something like"bf2 mac cider" or "cider bf2 mac" or bf2 on mac or mac bf2 port or something. I would love to make you it though-to bad i suck at these ports!! Hope this helps

i already tried the guy who i got a hold of gave me a port but it was for 10.5.2 leapard not tiger 10.4.8 but thanks for advice

• 4 weeks later...

Please update OP with http://portingteam.com/

Has anyone seen a CIV IV complete wrapper? I just bought the PC version and would rather run it in OS X than boot camp. PLus I have a copy of the Mac version I bought and I have never really been too happy with its performance (black unit markers and slow performance - plus no expansions and poor PC play in my experience).

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody and thanks for the port,

I am having a big big issue with KOTOR 2 that's blocking me:

on dantooine every time i try to go speak to the administrator(?), the games blocks, the screen freezes; sound appears to be working and music keeps playing. Its quite annoying and furthermore i cant access to the desktop anymore and have to force shutdown the computer.

I gave up dantooine and it did it once on another planet, the jungle one, when accessing the ancient terminals in the sith base...

I have an imac core duo with ati x1600 and 2 go ram, OS is 10.4.11

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance