help needed with ci/qe x1300, please!

lillbabs

12 posts in this topic

hi,

I know I'm not the only one having problems with the ati x1300 pro to work with ci/qe-support, but as far as I know some people got it to work. and I really need some help! please.

I've tried natitX1300installer and I've tried editing the kexts with no result.

I used the ideneb v1.3 10.5.5 and so far i can change resolution and it's everything else, sound, ethernet and so on is working well. but I can't get ci/qe-support. please help me? I'm quite a semi-noob so I might have done something wrong in the process (editing with the wrong app/wrong way? repairing permissions wrong? clearing kextcache the wrong way? missed something else?). small steps might have been missed or done in the wrong way.

well, my system is:

amd athlon 64 3500+

asus a8n-e motherboard

gigabyte radeon x1300 pro pci-e 256mb

after the ideneb-installation leopard recognizes my card as it should, radeon x1300Pro Series PCIe and quartzGL is supported and i can change resolutions without problems. but still core image is software and quartz extreme is not supported.

for my graphic card

vendor ID is ATI (0x1002)

device ID is 0x7142

anyone who have kexts modified that might work who could send them to me?

or is there anyone who could explain the best way to edit the kexts, if I have to do that, in the best way and all the steps needed in the process? all the help I can get is highly appreciated!

this is getting really frustrating, because I really want this to work and I've read that others have gotten it to work.

would appreciate the help to make this work with acceleration so incredibly much!

anyone?

(thanks!)

----

+ the natitinstaller vas r1v1 and I couldn't complete the installation because installed failed "run postflight script for stock 10.4.9 ati kexts" which sadly enough doesn't make me smarter...

update:

I just tried to install the 9f23installer and rebooted.

now I -have- ci/qe, BUT now I have mouse glitches (artifacts?) and I am stuck with this {censored} resolution I can't change :/

I am about to try editing med boot.plist...

anyone who has a solution?

I guess my original kext (which I backed up) worked fine with the resolution without glitches, and the 9f23-kexts gave me hardware acceleration. is there a way to combine them in some way?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey also in the same place... I'm running iDeneb 10.5.5

Radeon X1300 Series, PCIe,

Device ID: 0x7147

Revision ID: 0x0000

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

I've been searching for hours and i've found posts where people have managed to do it but i can't seem to find out how :s.

I've found something that may help here, maybe if i follow the tutorial for my card it might work:s

###Lillbabs

did your kexts worked for you?

###super_engine

before everything else, you have to know i am new to mac and OSX86. and i have been scouring the net to make my X1300 mobility Radeon on my laptop.

I have installed iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5. to my Arima W310Di1 (an unbranded laptop)

The rig is Intel Dual Core 1.6 T2050

2G Ram

i945 chipset (ICH7)

X1300 Mobility Radeon,

Only the HD Sound (ALC 261) and Wireless (Intel Pro/Wireless 3945 ABG)

But i dont care if these wont work coz i have a Roland Edirol UA-4fx that works fine, and i am on wired internet connection.

when i check the profile of the system. and i have the same items with geo877 (post #5).

CI is software

Quartz GL supported (enabled)

Quartz Extreme not supported

The native resolution is 1280x800 but the screen resolution is 1024x768 (anyway, when i connect my external VGA monitor, display fine)

My Problem is, after installing kexts i have found and rebooting, it continues to the gray screen with the apple logo, and the LCD blacks out afterwards. this happen when i install some kexts i found on the forums for x1300 (not for X1300 mobility i think). I can't find one for my device.

Vendor 1002

Device 714A

i know that this card is a bit primitive for my osx86 but if i could just make the QE/CI work with native resolution at at least just my native resolution for the laptop LCD (anyway, I can view Videos without kexts but the resolution is a bit streched)

and another noob problem of mine is how to remove the kexts i have installed because everytime it fails to boot, i reinstall from the beginning. because when i dont, the screen always goes black at boot up again and again. what do you suggest that i do?

advance thanks for you time. :-)

• 4 weeks later...
Ehi Lillibas

Try the attached kext and NATIT_ATI_AUTO injector

Install the two kexts with kexthelper and reboot with -v -f flags

Good Luck

Super_engine. How did you edit this kext? I have a different Device ID (7145) but the same Vendor ID. I tried using the kext you setup for Lillibas but only the external monitor would work, not my internal. I tried following MacMan2007s tutorial but 0xED is alittle over my head. If you can give me any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Here's the tutorial I'm refering to:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...;start=0%252522

Hi CrazyDiamond

I have edited the right kext for you

BUT REMEMBER:

On the laptop, normally, you can use ONLY the ATIRAdeonX1000.kext to enable QE/CI. The resolution switch is possible only using "Graphics Mode"="XresxYresxCol" (i.e. 1280x800x32) at the boot (in verbose mode - pressing F8 at the boot)

If you want use an injector (like natit) on a display laptop, normally you obtain only a blu or black screen.

For external monitor you can use ATIRadeonX1000.kext for QE/CI and an injector for the dusplay switch.

I hope helped you

attach the kext for you. install it with kexthelper and reboot with -v -f flags

Good Luck

ATIRadeonX1000.kext.zip

Hi CrazyDiamond

I have edited the right kext for you

BUT REMEMBER:

On the laptop, normally, you can use ONLY the ATIRAdeonX1000.kext to enable QE/CI. The resolution switch is possible only using "Graphics Mode"="XresxYresxCol" (i.e. 1280x800x32) at the boot (in verbose mode - pressing F8 at the boot)

If you want use an injector (like natit) on a display laptop, normally you obtain only a blu or black screen.

For external monitor you can use ATIRadeonX1000.kext for QE/CI and an injector for the dusplay switch.

I hope helped you

attach the kext for you. install it with kexthelper and reboot with -v -f flags

Good Luck

are you really this working for Ati Radeon Mobility X1300 not for X1300 PC/PCI ex??

now QE/CI has working but just resolution not working,, and i just want resolution 1280*800,

so what sould i do??

or i just "Graphics Mode"="XresxYresxCol" (i.e. 1280x800x32) to make it work??

i try but not changes the resolution..

any idea??

tanks

• 3 months later...

PLease heeelp me, QE not supported =(

Radeon X1300 Series:

Chipset Model: Radeon X1300 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)