GMA X3100 Vendor ID: 0x2a02 Revision ID: 0x0003

f0rbid

27 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, I want to start this topic because I have a GMA X3100 on my laptop but its id are more incompatible with last opengl's kexts for enable qe/ci.

Have someone this card with the same id and QE/CI enabled?

I run mac os x 10.5.5 with iDeneb (I already try with iATKOS release too) but I can change only resolution, nothing else about QE/CI.

I saw that this card is used in Macbook too, Can I Use the kext from an original macbook that have same card with same id?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Right people update to 10.5.6 then go here http://xtremevenomuk.co.uk/download.php?list.15 download working driver. No more grey screens or blue screens!!!!

Use kexthelper B7 to install kexts then copy over the bundle files to /system/library/extensions.Repair Disk permissions and delete extensions.mkext reboot and do a -f

Hacktrix2006, thanks for this. I had been stuck with Leo4Allv3 (which I could not update beyond 10.5.4), on my Compaq Presario A938 laptop. This driver allowed me to install IPC 10.5.6 and the video driver does not have any of the issues that I had with Leo4All.

S

Finally ... they work ... the kexts enabled everything ... i am very impressed and i thank you very much!

Specs:

Toshiba TECRA A9 Centrino Core 2 Duo t7500

2GB DDRAM2 667 MHZ

Intel GMAX3100 (dreaded videocard finally enabled :()

all we have left to hope for is the wireless chipset enabler for Intel 4965 A/B/G/N!

Hasn't worked for me. I updated to 10.5.6 using combo update and applied 10.5.6 kext pack. After grey apple screen I get a blue screen for less than a second which then shrinks into the top left hand corner leaving a black screen (internal), haven't got an external to try it. These x3100's are a pain in the a**e.

Any other suggestions?

My Laptop

Toshiba Equium p300 - 190

UPDATE.

When I get my black screen I think my laptop crashes. The hdd light still flashes but if press ALT+F5(voice over) it doesn't activate. It does if i'm in VESA mode. Also safe boot doesn't work.

UPDATE 2.

Ok. I have just done a fresh install using iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6). I deleted all the Gmax kexts and natit.kext and installed the 10.5.6 kexts which I downloaded here http://xtremevenomuk.co.uk/download.php?list.15. Done the usually install/ repair etc and forced boot but after grey screen with apple logo I now get a blue screen, everything else is working behind it as I can activate voice over etc.

Anyone have any ideas.

• 1 month later...
Find natit.kext and use that to get internal working!

Hi Hacktrix, thanks for the driver. Same as Tim 0288 for me, it works on an external monitor but my laptop screen isn't found (not shown in display properties, stays blue or with a kind of white garbage). Safe mode doesn't work either with this driver installed. I have an ECS S20II variant. Natit didn't solve my issue with either of the drivers, I tried two or three versions of it, either I didn't see any difference or the system would get stuck on the osX booting screen (grey screen with apple).

However I finally found another solution : I put the official 10.5.6 x3100 drivers back in the extensions folder, and replaced AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext with the one found in that page

Then I installed the natit.kext which was in that same page. Now it seems to work perfectly, no more white screen, and laptop screen is working ! Tim 0288, maybe you should try that ! Don't worry about the 1440x900 resolution the page states, I have a 1280x800 screen and it works for me.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi,

Anyone who downloaded from the kext files from

http://xtremevenomuk.co.uk/download.php?list.15

Can you please upload it here or somewhere else?

It gives a 404 error. I think it is down.

Thank you so much.

I have uploaded from my extensions folder, so not 100% sure if its the same one. But I distinctly remember that the only X3100 drivers that worked for me were from the xtremevenomuk site.

http://rapidshare.com/files/268948124/Inte...AX3100.zip.html

Once its confirmed these are the same ones, please find a permanent download site for them !!

No need i have updated the files and will be uploading them again for everyone to download soon. The updated one is for 10.5.8

Thanks !! Good to know you are still working on it.

BTW, I have upgraded to 10.5.8 without any problem. what updates are you planning for the 10.5.8 driver?

I have uploaded from my extensions folder, so not 100% sure if its the same one. But I distinctly remember that the only X3100 drivers that worked for me were from the xtremevenomuk site.

http://rapidshare.com/files/268948124/Inte...AX3100.zip.html

Once its confirmed these are the same ones, please find a permanent download site for them !!

Can Anyone upload the drivers I can't download and I have a Tecra A9 too...

Thanks in advance...

No need i have updated the files and will be uploading them again for everyone to download soon. The updated one is for 10.5.8

Could I please ask you to let me/us know the link to upload the new drivers. I have desperately tring to find a solution for more than a month and I finally saw your posting.

Thanks

Artimess