Geforce 9600 GSO (512mb ddr3) (G94) Working

uuufo

32 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried so many different things to get my 9600gso 512mb working, and although some methods recognize the card and install in correctly, quartz extreme is never enabled. It seems like everyone here has had success with a custom string from UInstaller, but even that will not enable QE for me. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To anyone still trying to get a 9600 GSO with a 512mb (with g94) under 10.6

I got it to work with dual monitor with vga port by (im pretty sure ci/qe is working but no 'rom revision' under sys profiler):

1. updating to 10.6.2

2. adding NVEnabler 64.kext to /extra/extensions/ and using kext utility to rebuild cache

3. i also had to remove chameleon graphics enabler key from boot plist or i would get a blank screen after the grey boot screen

(i did also use the UInstaller method [like in the posts above] with no success before NVenabler, but the graphics properties string never made it into my /extra/boot plist... im not sure if it is supposed to.)

my mobo is g41m-es2l and i installed chameleon from myHack package

• 3 weeks later...
Just wanted to let everyone interested know I got my new eVGA GeForce 9600 GSO 512mb (which is a G94 chip) working fully. After trying many other things (nvdarwin, nvinstaller, 9xxx series drivers, etc.) I eventually tried simply installing 10.5.5, updating to 10.5.6, then installing custom Nvidea EFI String using UInstaller program. Works great, hope this helps others.

if you could elaborate a little on the "installing custom Nvidia EFI String" that would be cool.

If anyone dared to try and figure this one out, I'd be surprised!

I picked up a used GeForce 9600 GSO 768MB DDR3 for $50 and thought I'd throw it in my hackintosh, where I've been happily running my modest and tidy GeForce 7300GS for 3 years now, and I'll be DAMNED if I could get it run with QE in Leopard.

interesting thing is, when I boot up it doesn't say: "PNY GeForce 9600 GSO PCIe 2.0"

it says: "overclockedeforce 9600 GSO PCIe 2.0"

which leads me to believe that I've purchased an already overclocked video card! Right?

I've tried everything UNDER THE SUN from google including all the following:

nvenabler

nvinject

gfx strings (custom and 8800GS)

efi strings (custom and 8800GS)

Uninstaller

OSx86Tools

etc. . .

only COOL thing is that all my games fricken rock. . .IN WINDOWS!

any help, opinion, comment, shoot just say you read the fricken post to tell me what an idiot I am for not searching enuff would be nice and greatly appreciated!

• 5 months later...

I got the EVGA 9600 GSO 768MB DDR2 on my hackintosh 10.6.4 that is not working at all (currently working with a 9500GT). I can't get passed the gray boot screen with the apple logo and the rotating busy loge, i.e., the desktop will not load and i only get a black screen.

Has anyone found a solution? I read all the posts and it seem like many of you have, but I could not understand the solution, or the solutions were too complicated for me to understand. I am fairly new to the hackintosh business, and I am so frustrated that I can not upgrade my video card from my 9500GT to the 9600 GSO.

I tried rebuidfing cache and repairing permission after adding NVinject.kext, Natit.kext, NVEnabler.kext, NVEnabler 64.kext, and Uinstaller "Apply EFI string for video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GS 284MB" and 8800GTX 768MB (since my card had 768MB). none of these worked.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Robert.