Chameleon bootloader with SSDT and DSDT override

ab___73

131 posts in this topic

Oh my god! All my apologies, I didn't understood "sig" in your post, what I do now!

Just to be sure so , the Anv booter accepts oemSSDT=no to disbale BIOS oem tables and accepts dropSSDT=no from chameleon previous versions in order to let it load any /SSDT-x.aml if found?

Cius

look on my sig

Oh my god! All my apologies, I didn't understood "sig" in your post, what I do now!

Just to be sure so , the Anv booter accepts oemSSDT=no to disbale BIOS oem tables and accepts dropSSDT=no from chameleon previous versions in order to let it load any /SSDT-x.aml if found?

Cius

u got it! that's the way it should be :robot:

Greetz

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, I've been reading through as much as I can find and trying to ask some questions in IRC, but I keep running into dead ends... if anyone would be willing to take a look at some of my DSDT files and help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, I'd be most appreciative.

First off, here's my system:

Pentium 4 Prescott (SSE2/SSE3) 2.4GHz

Intel ICH5

Motherboard is P4SD, which came from a HP d330 uT

nVidia GeForce FX5200 128MB AGP (QE/CI/Dual-VGA working)

Currently running Leopard 10.5.8 (with CoreGraphics Framework from 10.5.5)

Voodoo kernel 9.8

Chameleon RC5 699

Here's my untouched ACPI dump, obtained via chameleon:

ACPI.rar

And here's my dsdt.aml which I obtained via ubuntu 8.10 live CD

dsdt.aml

I have tried a couple things with the SSDT-X.aml files - namely SSDT-1 and SSDT-3, which I tried fixing the RTC and power button, but I don't think I was able to fix either one (although RTC looked just like everything I've seen for others, so perhaps it did work). I also got compile errors in dsdt.aml for every _S5D instance, which the fix was just to remove the _ character (although _S1D through _S4D are all fine).

I have all these files in my /Extra folder and all are named in my boot.plist (I also see chameleon load them during startup).

My main wants are to get the RTC fix, power button to give option for sleep/restart/shutdown, and as many 'little things' I can do as I figure things out. I figure if someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong on what (to me seems like) should be obvious, perhaps I can figure out the rest. Thanx for any assistance!