How to solve Keyboard / Mouse Problem with Donk's templates

5 posts in this topic

I am seeing a lot of different posts related to Keyboard and mouse not working after installing OSX on VMWare using Donk's templates

Just open the Darwin.vmx file in notepad and remove these 2 lines

USB:1.deviceType = "hub"

usb:1.present = "TRUE"

* This solution is borrowed from another post. Putting it here so its more visible. Please make this a sticky.

I am seeing a lot of different posts related to Keyboard and mouse not working after installing OSX on VMWare using Donk's templates

Just open the Darwin.vmx file in notepad and remove these to lines

* This solution is borrowed from another post. Putting it here so its more visible. Please make this a sticky.

I berlieve that may render attaching USB devices non-functional; e.g. a USB key. I will check back with some details I got from VMware.

I berlieve that may render attaching USB devices non-functional; e.g. a USB key. I will check back with some details I got from VMware.

Ok please let us know. When I remove and re-attach my creative usb x-mod sound card, VMWare does recognise it. I am also able to mount my usb stick etc. But VMWare crashes when I try to view videos or play sound when I attach my Creative USB sound to the guest OSX installation. Not sure if it is related somehow.

Ok please let us know. When I remove and re-attach my creative usb x-mod sound card, VMWare does recognise it. I am also able to mount my usb stick etc. But VMWare crashes when I try to view videos or play sound when I attach my Creative USB sound to the guest OSX installation. Not sure if it is related somehow.

My previous comment was incorrect! There is a problem which has some similar settings changes for Fusion. Not sure of the crashes though. Are there any lines in the the vmware.log files.

• 2 months later...
My previous comment was incorrect! There is a problem which has some similar settings changes for Fusion. Not sure of the crashes though. Are there any lines in the the vmware.log files.

I seem to have fixed it by changing:

to

USB:1.deviceType = "keyboard"

USB:2.deviceType = "hub"

usb:2.present = "TRUE"