• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

iWaffle

iWaffle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
There is probably a really easy fix for this...but I don't know what it is! So please help me!

Here is my problem

I'm am using a Dell Inspiron 518 with Kalyway 10.5.2 and the Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update

My iPod touch that I recently purchased is working wonderfully except for the fact that in order for OS X to detect it, I have to plug the iPod in and restart the computer.

It won't detect the iPod when I plug it in after the computer has been restarted.

This is also happening with my USB Microphone.

It's so frusterating!

Can anyone help me out?

iWaffle

iWaffle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Fix: http://forum.insanel...showtopic=95789

inimicus

inimicus

Drunk and Angry Slurs in 31 Flavors

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
Highlight from the link above:

How to check kernel version:
The easiest way to check kernel is running terminal window (applications/utilities/terminal) and type:
uname -a
It will show a long line and at the end of the line it should say the version. Check the figure below.

How to check system.kext version:
Open a finder window, go to /System/Library/Extensions and find the file named "System.kext" right click on it, and click on Get Info.

Most common problem: If your kernel and System.kext version don't match, this can be the culprit.

If they match, then follow the other instructions on the above link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy