iWork 09 on pre 10.5.6 systems?

RepoMonkey

30 posts in this topic

There are issues with the 5.6 upgrade on my Hackintosh so I'm staying with 5.5 for the time being. Unfortunately that means that iWork 09 won't install - is there a workaround for this or will I just have to wait until I get my system working with 5.6? :rolleyes:

Hey, i have 10.5.2 and changed the systemversion.plist and iwork 09 works great.

To do so, do the following:

Go to System/Library/CoreServices, then you will see SystemVersion.plist, copy it and paste it on your desktop.

I suggest you also make a backup just to be sure....can't hurt.

Then open the plist from your desktop and where the string is that has your system version--- 10.5.2 for example, change it to 10.5.6.

The version should appear twice in the plist, so change both.

Then save the plist and paste/replace it over the old systemversion.plist, put in your password, and check your "about this mac" to verify.

Then install and you'll be fine!

Worked 100% for me!

Posted is a pic of the plist, also, there is an automatic installer posted somewhere-- search for JSN1 System Version Changer--it does not go up to 10.5.6 but you could go to 10.5.3 then manually change it...that is my process because previous applications needed 10.5.3

Hope this helps! Worked for me, good luck!

post-210728-1231387047_thumb.png

Hey, i have 10.5.2 and changed the systemversion.plist and iwork 09 works great.

To do so, do the following:

Go to System/Library/CoreServices, then you will see SystemVersion.plist, copy it and paste it on your desktop.

I suggest you also make a backup just to be sure....can't hurt.

Then open the plist from your desktop and where the string is that has your system version--- 10.5.2 for example, change it to 10.5.6.

The version should appear twice in the plist, so change both.

Then save the plist and paste/replace it over the old systemversion.plist, put in your password, and check your "about this mac" to verify.

Then install and you'll be fine!

Worked 100% for me!

Posted is a pic of the plist, also, there is an automatic installer posted somewhere-- search for JSN1 System Version Changer--it does not go up to 10.5.6 but you could go to 10.5.3 then manually change it...that is my process because previous applications needed 10.5.3

Hope this helps! Worked for me, good luck!

post-210728-1231387047_thumb.png

Damn !!! thats sheer genius . Thnx for the share bro :)

Hey guys! Glad it worked for all you guys!

I actually did not create the trick, but found it somewhere on her a while back... couldnt link to it when i was gonna post it so i explained it.

How is ilife 09? Any better than 08? I dl'ed iwork and its great... pages is much better in my opinion.

go to SYSTEM>LYBRARY>CORE SERVICES. Open the file SystemVersion.plist(just in case make a back up) and change the 2 values 10.5.5 to 10.5.6. no u should be able to put iwork 09 on your hackintosh. you can actually update further your mac. And most importantly you can put ilife09!

enjoy

you can change the install requirements in the iWorkTrail.dist. (Package Contents) too.

funny thing is, that apple let it run with 10.4.11 but not with 10.5.5... :)

function hasOldSystem()
{
	// too old if running OS version less than 10.4.11
	if (-1 == system.compareVersions(system.version.ProductVersion, '10.4.11'))
	{
		return true;
	}

// not too old if we're >= 10.4.11 and below 10.5
	if (-1 == system.compareVersions(system.version.ProductVersion, '10.5'))
	{
		return false
	}

// too old if 10.5 to 10.5.5
	if (-1 == system.compareVersions(system.version.ProductVersion, '10.5.6'))
	{
		return true;
	}

// 10.5.6 or newer is not too old
	return false;
}

iLife '09 installed and is working smoothly on iDeneb 10.5.5 only by editing the systemversion.plist

those apps are a pleasure to the eye - one thing that is irritating is that iPhoto insist on copying every imported file and

unchecking that option in the preferences doesn't change anything

iWork '09 .dmg won't even mount - i get a warning - failed to mount : reason - not recognized ?!

downloaded the trial two times from Apple to be sure it's not a corrupted file - I get the same error with both files