Questions about iPhone Developer Program in combination with OSx86

2 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I want to start developing and publishing some cool stuff on the iPhone platform. I want to do this the legit way using the SDK (= not via the cydia/jailbreak circuit) and thus by applying to the iPhone Developer Program.

Does anybody know if this is safe when you are on a hackingtosh? (maybe some of you succeeded doing this already?)

A few other questions i have:

What do you supply to Apple? The app only? or also source code and other data? I guess this goes automatic, but i just want to know...

Is there any way to test your iPhone apps on a real iPhone without applying to the program? (= getting rid of the official certificate need. I would really like this because i first want to find out how hard it is to make my maraca app before applying to the program)

Can Apple see that my iPhone is jailbroken? (ie. by sending crash reports of the iphone which show cydia is installed)

Hopefully some of you have some experience with this.

Thanks in advance,

Greetings Koen

P.s. How would you people like an app to control your computer using customizable commands using ssh and an openssh server on your computer? It could offer volume control, play/pause, on / off / standby (on needs WOL, which is easily implemented), control over server scripts and much much more!

P.p.s. I want to try to make some money with my apps so i can buy my own mac: a Mac Pro, very expensive, though i really want a hardware customizable Mac. For now I need to do it with my OSx86 install.

• 4 weeks later...
Is there any way to test your iPhone apps on a real iPhone without applying to the program? (= getting rid of the official certificate need. I would really like this because i first want to find out how hard it is to make my maraca app before applying to the program)

Clicky

iPoco